Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald's April Fool's Day ad upsets some Aussies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's April Fool's Day ad upsets some Aussies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's April Fool's Day ad upsets some Aussies
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 6:20pm
I dunno.

I really like pickles, but I don't know if I'd try something like this.

Good April Fool's joke, though.

McDonald’s April Fools' Day joke about new burger angers customers

McDonald’s got itself in a pickle on Monday when it attempted an April Fools' Day joke that left some Australian customers angry.

The fast-food chain posted a video on Twitter claiming it was adding a new burger, the McPickle, to its menu in Australia.

“Pickle lovers, it’s the news you’ve all been waiting for. We’re super stoked to announce the launch of our brand new McPickle Burger,” the Instagram post read. “It’s time to tuck into juicy, flavoursome pickles layered between melted cheese, ketchup sauce and toasted sesame seed buns. It’s sure to be a treat for all your senses. #dailynuggets #mcpickle #pickleoverload #maccas #imlovinit”

The video appeared extremely convincing and displayed a two-layered burger filled with pickles, cheese and ketchup. Although some users caught on to the joke, other pickle fanatics believed it was a real menu addition.

“I’m gonna order 1000,” an Instagram user commented.

“Omg it’s a burger designed for me,” a fan wrote.

Another person chimed in, “pickle problems solved.”

“I want this now,” a user said.

“It’s perfect,” another fan wrote.

The truth soon began to unravel and the initial joy some felt about the “new” burger turned sour. McDonald's Australia also commented on its own post by saying, "Available until yesterday."

“omfg if this is april fools joke imma be mad,” one person commented, while another wrote, “why does this have to be an april fools prank.”

“even though this is a definitely an April’s fools joke, I would order this and you know it,” a woman said.

“This shouldn’t be a joke,” a comment read.

Some people, however, said the new burger would have been a "gross" addition.

McDonald’s Australia said in a statement to news.com.au that they were glad Australian customers enjoyed the joke, but wouldn’t say if they would include the McPickle on the menu in the future.

“We know there’s a lot of love out there for our famous pickles, and the McPickle Burger has certainly got people talking about them. We’re glad Australians have enjoyed our April Fools’ joke!” McDonald’s said.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 4:48pm
I hate April Fools' Day!
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 5:21pm
LOL

And what better way to celebrate a pickle burger than cats with cucumbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic