Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marathon-Full Tank of Freedom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marathon-Full Tank of Freedom

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Location: Sunshine State
Status: Offline
Points: 592
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marathon-Full Tank of Freedom
    Posted: 22 May 2015 at 10:35pm
I know this may not be seen by all, seeing as I've only seen these gas stations in the south. But can we talk about this song please? My Husband and I are always singing it with our own added lyrics to it. A full tank of freedom. Really? Freedom would be not having to buy gas.



Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 48633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:24pm
Ugghhh!!!

We get that crap around here constantly. I was gonna start a thread about them some time back, but I never did. Don't remember why. Maybe couldn't find one on YouTube or something.

But that song is just too much to bear.

I mean, it's a frickin GAS STATION for crying out loud & you've got a frickin Michael Bolt-On wannabe belting out a frickin LOVE BALLAD about it!!!!!

SHUT UP!!!!!

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
I donated!

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Status: Offline
Points: 15590
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:29pm
Won't a full tank of Exxon take you where ever you go, too? 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 48633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:53pm
Nope. There's an ingredient in all other brands of gasoline, that won't allow any vehicle you put it in, to travel outside a 50 mile radius of the station where it was purchased.

Gotta buy Marathon gas if you wanna travel.


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 23 Feb 2014
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 72
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:09am
Ridiculous, stupid commercial because I have no idea what they are selling.

And the song sounds like something you'd hear on Sean Hannity's radio show.
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 40304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:16am

With as much driving as I do, I cannot remember the last time I saw a Marathon station...and I think I may have filled up at one in my younger days.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57867
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 10:39am
I don't even know what brand of gas I buy.  I know where the stations are, and I just pull in and tell 'em to fill it up.
 
Still not able to pump your own gas in NJ.  Don't know why.  I miss it.
 
 
 
Back to Top
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 23 Sep 2014
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I know this may not be seen by all, seeing as I've only seen these gas stations in the south. But can we talk about this song please? My Husband and I are always singing it with our own added lyrics to it. A full tank of freedom. Really? Freedom would be not having to buy gas.



 
It's really on 90% freedom, because the other 10% is Ethanol.  Shocked
 
I get amused when folks buy gas strictly based on price.
They don't realize that what matters is fuel economy (not simply fuel price), and a gallon of gas without ethanol (or with less ethanol) will take you a lot further. 
 
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 40304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

 
It's really on 90% freedom, because the other 10% is Ethanol.  Shocked
 
I get amused when folks buy gas strictly based on price.
They don't realize that what matters is fuel economy (not simply fuel price), and a gallon of gas without ethanol (or with less ethanol) will take you a lot further. 
 
 
The REAL Shocked about economy comes to life when you look at what you've said in a different light - ethanol damage engines, so yes - without ethanol will take you further and save you money in the long run.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 3:57am
[QUOTE=Thor]
I don't even know what brand of gas I buy.  I know where the stations are, and I just pull in and tell 'em to fill it up.
 
Still not able to pump your own gas in NJ.  Don't know why.  I miss it.
 
[QUOTE]I live in the other 'no self serve' state. While working at gas stations I pumped enough to last 10 lifetimes. I don't miss it at all.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.