Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mall Cop 2-Paul Blart (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mall Cop 2-Paul Blart (video)
    Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:10pm
Why are so many movies like this being made?
I like to laugh and I am easily entertained, but this?
Who is this guy, Kevin James?
Will Farrell, Kevin Hart.
Is there really an audience for stupid sh!t?
I like the 3 Stooges, even humor like Jack Ass is funny to me, accept when they git all into each others asses & junk.
Like insurance ads and Candy Crush, just one more thing that's not going away in my lifetime.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:27pm
Kevin James was The King of Queens.

Pretty funny guy.

I never saw Mall Cop 1, but I'd like to.

And then this one.

I guess I just like the guy's style of physical comedy.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:37pm
Oh!
 I found somebody you have heard of, so I'm the bad guy!  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:39pm
I noticed even the new movie is availiable on YouTube.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:40pm
I'd like to CIO.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
Sorry, I'm still behind on my acronyms.

What is CIO?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:51pm
Chief information occifer

Got it,   Check it out.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Kevin James was The King of Queens.

Pretty funny guy.

I never saw Mall Cop 1, but I'd like to.

And then this one.

I guess I just like the guy's style of physical comedy.

So it's YOU! YOU'RE the reason they're making another one of these movies!  Angry

Wink

I've tried giving Kevin James a chance, but he just can't get a laugh out of me. I can't sit through an episode of King of Queens because of the father-in-law... one of the worst actors/acting I've ever seen. Kevin might not be getting a fair shake from me because of that.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 10:09pm
Not laughing!

Seriously this movie doesn't deserve a sequel!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:09pm
The only thing worse than a "comedian" who isn't funny, is a "comedian" who truly believes that he IS funny
I do not think much, I do not think often, but when I do think, I think about sex!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I've tried giving Kevin James a chance, but he just can't get a laugh out of me. I can't sit through an episode of King of Queens because of the father-in-law... one of the worst actors/acting I've ever seen. Kevin might not be getting a fair shake from me because of that.

That reminds me of the rap Don Knotts used to get re: the character of Barney Fife that he played on The Andy Griffith Show.

People would say they hated him & that he was a terrible actor, to which I would reply "Or maybe the reason you hate him is because he's such a GOOD actor & plays the part of that obnoxious annoying character so well?"

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

The only thing worse than a "comedian" who isn't funny, is a "comedian" who truly believes that he IS funny

George Lopez immediately came to mind when I read this.  I can't stand that blubbering prick.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:23pm

That reminds me of the rap Don Knotts used to get re: the character of Barney Fife that he played on The Andy Griffith Show.

People would say they hated him & that he was a terrible actor, to which I would reply "Or maybe the reason you hate him is because he's such a GOOD actor & plays the part of that obnoxious annoying character so well?"

I might... MIGHT be able to subscribe to that theory if not for the bad timing in his acting. It's not just the obnoxious character, but everything comes out like it's being read from a cue card on a one-second delay. It's like he ha to stop for a second before every line and remember it. Drives me nuts.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:34pm
I think that staccato delivery is part of his comedic style, Darth.

Think back to Costanza's father on Seinfeld.

Same character on both shows.

But hey... not everybody will agree on everything.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:36pm
Yeah, it doesn't work for me. It comes off like he's senile and due for retirement.

I don't know the Seinfeld character, I've only been able to sit through maybe 4 episodes of that show. Seinfeld always came off as a "what is up with airline food" kind of comic to me.

It doesn't help that I'm a really REALLY tough room on comedy, either, I suppose.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:54pm

Yeah, it doesn't work for me. It comes off like he's senile and due for retirement.

I think that was the whole point. To make the character seem like he was kind of a whiny, befuddled old fart who was halfway off his rocker.

Quote I don't know the Seinfeld character, I've only been able to sit through maybe 4 episodes of that show. Seinfeld always came off as a "what is up with airline food" kind of comic to me.

It doesn't help that I'm a really REALLY tough room on comedy, either, I suppose.

He played basically the same kind of cranky old fart on Seinfeld as on KOQ.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:59pm

I think that was the whole point. To make the character seem like he was kind of a whiny, befuddled old fart who was halfway off his rocker.

I meant senile and due for retirement in real life. LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:00pm
Probably that, too.

potofgold View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potofgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 7:35am
I thought the first one looked dumb but I saw it and wound up being amused. It had some funny moments. I'll probably check out the sequel.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 11:47am
George Lopez is funny to me. I laughed alot during his George Lopez Show that aired in 2002-2007. I found him a lot funnier than Carlos Mencia, who I only laughed at his "Dedede," bits. "A 14 year old turning in his hot 22 year old teacher to the Principal for hitting on him is a true dedede," .

George Lopez had great timing, funny facial expressions, and funny speaking style. For example, in the episode where Ernie was recognized as being too fat, George said something like, "Your as big as a house Ernie, and if you don't lose weight, you're going to die! Well, I meant to space that out, but here we are." Doesn't seem that funny when I type it out on here, but watching the scene on TV, it was funny. On here, you don't see his funny expression or hear his funny voice when he did this scene.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 12:02am
The first one I caught on late night cable, nothing else on. It's painfully unfunny and it just shows the state of Hollywood to spit out another piece of unfunny garbage. No reason for a sequel.
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 2:59am
They almost sold me with a preview of Paul Blart on a Segway going against Fast & Furious wannabes in a mall parking lot. It ended with Blart attempting a stunt over a mall parking sign. Which it ends up with him careening into it instead.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 11:22pm
I like The King of Queens and watch it regularly and even think his stand up is okay but his movies are terrible. I feel like most the laughs are meant for middle schoolers
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:12am
It's amazing that movies this bad are made.....the fact that sequels to movies this bad shows us all how stupid the public can be. I refuse to watch anything this bad, just like I refuse to watch anything that Seth Rogen is involved with.
Kevin James was a so-so actor on his former TV programme (King Of Queens), but a so-so performance on a lousy programme shouldn't be the ticket to starring in motion pictures.
The talent pool in Hollywood is very shallow!
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic