Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make America HATE Again...Vote for Hillary!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make America HATE Again...Vote for Hillary!
    Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 12:51pm
The Presidential Commercials are beginning...this one for Hillary which is anti-Trump says that Trump is for African-Americans...but he isn't! And no...I can't find the vid!

Right now, I wish that 2016 can end! I can't vote for either Trump nor Hillary!

And the political commercials...     

And 2016 gave us one too many celebrity deaths, a summer that I was practically shut-in, and an election that's worth sh*t!

If it wasn't for the Cleveland Cavaliers winning it all and the RNC going smoothly in my town...2016 would be the WORST year ever for the world...and SB 50 should be part of it too....
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:17am
I'm young enough that I've only lived through and remembered a handful of elections, but I have never disliked both candidates so completely as I do in the case of Trump/Hillary. I can't say who I think would be preferable to either (no, I am not a Bernie supporter like everyone else in my age group seems to be). I'd say I am very middle-of-the-road, politically speaking. So the Left/Right dichotomy we have in the US (not that Trump is exactly a textbook Conservative/Republican), means presidential candidates pretty much never appeal to me in general. The elections are basically a waste of time to me, and they will continue to be until people get out of the "Left/Right", "Us vs. Them", sports team mentality about politics in this country.

I'm getting off-topic, though... I really hate seeing any of the ads coming from either of these candidates in particular. That was my basic point. I guess, though, if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would vote for Trump over Hillary. It's not even worth getting into the reasons why, though, because the pros in favor of Trump are only infinitesimally greater than the pros in favor of Hillary in my mind. That said, I really don't think I'm going to be voting in this election, period.

And I agree that 2016 has been a pretty disappointing year in every regard.
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 12:59pm
I'm sick of mudslinging Presidential ads! How about talking about how YOU'RE going to make America better rather than trash talking your opponents?
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by the raytownian the raytownian wrote:

I'm young enough that ... getting off-topic... I guess, though, if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would vote for Trump over Hillary...

Makes perfect sense.
If you vote for Hillary, the option to have that gun is pretty low since she's a devout gun-grabber.

I'm older than you, but in the same basic dilema.
I've decide to vote for Trump for a few reasons: (in order of importance?)

1) Protest vote.  Let's just shake things up and see what happens?

2) I'm tired of Hillary lumping in suicides everytime she talks about "gun violence".  There's actual gun violence (i.e., Chicago), and then there's a busted end-of-life healthcare system. The two have wildly different underpinnings, but Hillary must be too stupid to realize that.  Either that, or she's purposly inflating "gun violence" numbers to further an agenda under false pretenses.  Either way, she loses my vote.

3) Immigration.  (um, I mean "Invasion")
The old bait-and-switch doesn't work with me.  Close the border first (i.e., enforcement) and maybe THEN we can talk about a pathway to citizenship.  I ESPECIALLY liked Trump's comment during the campaign that immigrants ought to learn English!  I realize it's not practical, but then neither is a vote for Hillary.  In my opinion.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 2:00pm
Hillary's not going to take anyone's guns.
And the prophet said:
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And it stayed its hand from killing. And from that day it was as one dead".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

I'm sick of mudslinging Presidential ads! How about talking about how YOU'RE going to make America better rather than trash talking your opponents?

That's exactly what Hillary Clinton's ads do.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 4:04pm
Trump is a mentally unstable, immature blowhard gasbag who will do NONE of what he's promising.

The idea that it's even possible to round up 11 million people and deport them, then build a 2,000 mile long impenetrable wall along the Rio Grande is so absurd it would be laughable if not for how sad it is that so many Americans are gullible enough to actually buy into it.

Trump's entire campaign is utterly amateurish nonsense that survives on nothing more than it's shallow appeal to fear and paranoia.

Hillary might not be perfect, but she is centuries worth of light years better and more fit for the Presidency than Tronald Dump.

Sane people everywhere are all praying that he's never allowed to set foot anywhere near the WH.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 4:07pm

I'm young enough that I've only lived through and remembered a handful of elections, but I have never disliked both candidates so completely as I do in the case of Trump/Hillary. I can't say who I think would be preferable to either (no, I am not a Bernie supporter like everyone else in my age group seems to be). I'd say I am very middle-of-the-road, politically speaking. So the Left/Right dichotomy we have in the US (not that Trump is exactly a textbook Conservative/Republican), means presidential candidates pretty much never appeal to me in general. The elections are basically a waste of time to me, and they will continue to be until people get out of the "Left/Right", "Us vs. Them", sports team mentality about politics in this country.

I'm getting off-topic, though... I really hate seeing any of the ads coming from either of these candidates in particular. That was my basic point. I guess, though, if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would vote for Trump over Hillary. It's not even worth getting into the reasons why, though, because the pros in favor of Trump are only infinitesimally greater than the pros in favor of Hillary in my mind. That said, I really don't think I'm going to be voting in this election, period.

And I agree that 2016 has been a pretty disappointing year in every regard.
Unfortunately many will vote for the most likely winner due to this personality defect.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Hillary's not going to take anyone's guns.
Of course Hillary's not going to take anyone's guns. That's what minions are for.LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 4:16pm
This discussion probably belongs in "Political Forum".Wink
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

This discussion probably belongs in "Political Forum".Wink

I'm trying to find that commercial that I saw on my tablet.

It talks about Trump supporting black voters, but the commercial says otherwise!

Why can't I find the damn commercial? If I can't find the commercial...might as well move this thread!AngryAngryAngry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:03pm

I'm young enough that ... getting off-topic... I guess, though, if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would vote for Trump over Hillary...
Makes perfect sense.
If you vote for Hillary, the option to have that gun is pretty low since she's a devout gun-grabber.
I'm older than you, but in the same basic dilema.
I've decide to vote for Trump for a few reasons: (in order of importance?)
1) Protest vote. Let's just shake things up and see what happens?
2) I'm tired of Hillary lumping in suicides everytime she talks about "gun violence". There's actual gun violence (i.e., Chicago), and then there's a busted end-of-life healthcare system. The two have wildly different underpinnings, but Hillary must be too stupid to realize that. Either that, or she's purposly inflating "gun violence" numbers to further an agenda under false pretenses. Either way, she loses my vote.
3) Immigration. (um, I mean "Invasion")
The old bait-and-switch doesn't work with me. Close the border first (i.e., enforcement) and maybe THEN we can talk about a pathway to citizenship. I ESPECIALLY liked Trump's comment during the campaign that immigrants ought to learn English! I realize it's not practical, but then neither is a vote for Hillary. In my opinion.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Trump is a mentally unstable, immature blowhard gasbag who will do NONE of what he's promising.

The idea that it's even possible to round up 11 million people and deport them, then build a 2,000 mile long impenetrable wall along the Rio Grande is so absurd it would be laughable if not for how sad it is that so many Americans are gullible enough to actually buy into it.

Trump's entire campaign is utterly amateurish nonsense that survives on nothing more than it's shallow appeal to fear and paranoia.

Hillary might not be perfect, but she is centuries worth of light years better and more fit for the Presidency than Tronald Dump.

Sane people everywhere are all praying that he's never allowed to set foot anywhere near the WH.

I'm really disappointed that so many of our members think this way, Trump is an idiot lunatic!

Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:41pm
Hillary and the Dems keep insisting they're better for blacks.

90 murders in Chicago in August, deadliest month in last 20 years, CPD says

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

That's exactly what Hillary Clinton's ads do.

Fixed that for you.  Now it's true.

stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:12pm
All commercials suck, but political ads are in a class of there own. 
This is just what we need, people posting on here that their crooked politician is better than your crooked politician.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hillary and the Dems keep insisting they're better for blacks.

90 murders in Chicago in August, deadliest month in last 20 years, CPD says

First Vince Foster, now those 90 Chicagoans. She really gets around.
And the prophet said:
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And it stayed its hand from killing. And from that day it was as one dead".
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 4:44am
I pretty much tune out the ads, because basically, they're all Censoreding liars. 

The ad about where Trump's clothes are made is just silly.  BFD, so they're probably better quality than what most people can buy at Wal-Mart.  Might as well run an ad that says "Do you know where Trump gets his caviar?  From PUTIN'S RUSSIAThat's so ...un-American!"  LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:29am
The way I see it, if Trump gets elected, his presidency will be a complete catastrophe, and very likely short-lived. That seems less likely with Clinton. Basically, my big hope with Trump is that he'll either resign or be completely ineffectual and ultimately a lame duck president throughout his term, however long it may be.

I really just don't see him accomplishing much, which makes me see him as slightly less of a threat. Even if he does really try to enact some of his proposed policies, people will be fighting him all along the way.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Fixed that for you.  Now it's true.

No it isn't, it's BS.

Clinton has been running ads about creating jobs in the solar energy field.

All Dump has been doing is running smear ads.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The ad about where Trump's clothes are made is just silly.  BFD, so they're probably better quality than what most people can buy at Wal-Mart.  Might as well run an ad that says "Do you know where Trump gets his caviar?  From PUTIN'S RUSSIAThat's so ...un-American!"  LOL

Perfectly legitimate issue oriented ad. Dump runs his big, fat blowhard yap about making 'Murica great again, but sends his job creating business to foreign companies to take advantage of the dirt cheap labor. It has nothing to do with the quality of the product, it has to do with LOYALTY TO HIS COUNTRY... which he obviously has none of.

sammeadows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 3:50am
Honestly I just have a small thought in the back of my head that back during the hotter times of the Cold War, he'd probably be accused of being a full-blown commie if he attempted to run for president after divorcing his wife and re-marrying to a Russian woman and even naming one of his daughters in a Russian name, kinda interesting to think of a different time of the country can change so drastically. Although someone hasn't taught Trumby about "mutually assured destruction" in which whoever blows the big party popper first results in setting them all off, statistically it would only take about (I think statistically, depending on payload) about 44,000 low-yield warheads to take us all out for the most part (lower yield = more fallout, less powerful rocket needed and way more fallout created and longer lasting as well, super-high yield like the Tsar Bomba would have relatively low levels of fallout since it's pretty much a big blowout more than a big kickup) but at least humans are about as tenacious as cockroaches so at least we'll be able to continue, even with a few of us left. At least the world won't be orange I hope. At least we'll be bumf*cking ourselves in a way, the most basic atom bomb is basically enough uranium or plutonium in a cylinder shape with a hole in it, just enough to be on the verge of it's critical mass before going boom, so there's a small uranium or plutonium (depending on the element used, there's plenty really) cylinder that's the size of the hole and goes right into it and then starts to very quickly go very very bad, very very fast! Nuclear chemistry and engineering is fun, try looking up the "Demoncore", it's a good read and terrible scientific mistake almost made as a magnet to the daredevils of science, or the stupid and or overly curious nuclear engineers and nuclear chemists that loved to live dangerously, by keeping radioactive materials so close to eachother that if your hand slips (and a hand did slip, with a screwdriver of all things) to just straight up dose the guy holding the screwdriver to recieve an immediate dose of a thousand rads and died 9 days later, and it certainly wasn't the only victim of the Demon Core. Man I get lost in my own self-ramblings, I'm gonna be great at derailing people from their blind pure rage against advertising!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 4:05am
Interesting stuff there, sammeadows.

But one word of friendly advice.... paragraphs.

Try making use of them.

Makes reading those long ramblings much less daunting.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:01am
All I picked out skimming the second-to-last post was "Demoncore", which reminded me of something I haven't thought about in years.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 2:09am
I live in THE NOTORIOUS swing state. I've been seeing these ads since May...
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:02am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I live in THE NOTORIOUS swing state. I've been seeing these ads since May...

I live in Chattanooga and usually we don't get many political commercials beyond the primaries because it is heavily Republican. This year though we are getting a bit because there is a good chunk of north Georgia that is in our media market (Western NC is as well but that are two small rural counties with not a lot of people so we don't get NC stuff too often) I could not imagine what it would be like living in an area where everything is a swing state.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic