Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lysol Motion Sensor Soap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lysol Motion Sensor Soap
    Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:09pm
You know, I made a New Year's Resolution to not get worked up about stupid stuff like commercials. So far, I've done very well, but I couldn't let this stupid thing slide. In this commercial, they say their stupid motion sensor soap dispenser is better because that plunger on regular soap dispensers has germs on it. My immediate thought is: Um...hello! Once you get the soap on your hands, it doesn't matter if the plunger part has germs because YOU"RE WASHING THEM OFF! God, it pisses me off when ad people just assume no one will notice the lack of rationality in their commercials...
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:27pm
YES! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this. When I first saw this, I asked myself "But don't you wash your hands after you pump the soap? The germs will be washed away. WHY do we need this product?" This is just Lysol pandering to the hypochondriacs yet again.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:16pm
I hate Lysol Commercials, period!

The stupid whistling, everything has germs, Lysol wants all of us to live in bubbles!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:10pm
Haven't seen the commercial but it really makes no sense. A motion soap dispenser?Confused
What if you're finished lathering and shampooing the hair but get in front of the motion detector.......... does it needlessly dispense soap into the tub?
Get into the shower, wave one's hand in front of the dispensor only to find out the batteries are dead........ f*ck!!
Wonder if I should start spraying my bar soap with Lysol before & after using.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 12:17am
Oh how I hate this one!!!!

It doesn't matter that the germs are on there your washing your hands anyway!!!!!

besides not all germs are bad for you, some can be beneficial.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 12:24am
Duffin, that is exactly what I thought the first time I saw this.  Makes absolutely no sense, and lets face it, companys are going overboard on the germ thing because it has opened up an entirely new segment of products.  And many experts still say that germs can help people be immune to some illnessess and also help not to lead to antibiotic resistance to many germs.  Too deep, but still is a stupid commercial.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 1:45am
Lysol loves to cater to hypochondriacs.  This has to be the worst for sure.  It's even worse than the commercial that shows all the multicolored giant germs on the toys, the phone, and EEEEK!  the pencil that's about to go in that little girl's mouth!  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

bgrl613 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgrl613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Wonder if I should start spraying my bar soap with Lysol before & after using.

LOL
Today's TV commercials are one of the reasons people love DVR so much...
isnapped View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 8:02am
Haha, good point.  And, of course, after you are done washing your hands, you have to turn your faucet off.  Dry your hands on the towel that hasn't been washed in who knows how long.  Open the bathroom door, sit back down on the years old couch and change the channel with the remote that everyone you know has touched. 

I agree with the insanity about germs, but commercials like these fail to address the fact that everyone's home is GERM filled.  No one's home can ever be without germs!  And, you get into your car, go to any public place, germs are in those places also!!  This germaphobia(?)/propaganda really needs to stop.  It is funny that studies have been released that say this germaphobia is not good for immune systems, but companies are still perpetuating this myth. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 6:29pm
How do you buy the motion sensor soap?  You have to touch it to pick it from the store, remove it from the box, install the batteries, place it on the countertop, AAAAAAGH!!!!!! Germs everywhere!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:02pm
Haven't found the Lysol version yet, but did see this one. Judging from it's date(2008), Lysol just jumped the the germ-free bandwagon.

Eeeek!! He's touching it with his germ laiden finger.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:12pm
I hate those motion sensor soap things! They NEVER work! And the ones that are even worse are the motion sensor towel things! I've had to wave my hands all over the place, spray water everywhere, just to get a damn towel out! Now, how in the hell is that sanitary?!?
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Ecsa0014 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecsa0014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

... When I first saw this, I asked myself "But don't you wash your hands after you pump the soap? The germs will be washed away. WHY do we need this product?" ...
I asked myself the same thing when I first saw this commercial.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 1:54pm
This product is for the totally paranoid.  The only thing to be concerned with, is wiping off meat and fowl juices from the counters.  A little bit on your normal bottle or bar of soap is not going to kill you.  What are these people doing---licking their soap bottles or something??

korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 7:06pm
From the Lysol website:

"Hands may come into contact with millions of germs every day. Hand washing is one of the most important steps to help stay healthy. But have you ever thought about those germs ending up on your soap pump?

"Fact: Your soap pump can harbor a lot of bacteria.

"Introducing the LYSOL® No-Touch Hand Soap System, it automatically senses your hands and dispenses just the right amount of soap that kills 99.9% of bacteria.

"For use in the kitchen or bathroom, the antibacterial hand soap is enriched with moisturizing ingredients and comes in three great scents!

"Never touch a germy soap pump again."
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 7:08pm
Just for gits and shiggles, I decided to send an e-mail to the company, which goes as follows:

"According to Hoyle, isn't the next step after dispensing soap onto your hands is to run your hands under water to remove germs? Therefore, why would I need to use your product to avoid those germs when they just get washed off in the sink anyway? What makes your product different than that of a "touch" soap dispenser when all the germs get washed away in the end?"

I'll update as soon as I get a response. This should be interesting.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:14pm
Saw this gem on tv last night.

Gotta love this comment.LOL
(1 day ago) 
After a series of horrible and embarrassing soap-related incidents as a young child, I have been avoiding soap for much of my life. With this, I can now wash things with confidence and dignity.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:17pm

"Dear Mr. Vandyke,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Lysol® No Touch Hand Soap System. 

As a valued consumer, your comments are extremely important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us. Your comments regarding this product will be forwarded to the appropriate personnel for review.

We appreciate your interest in products and we thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Nora Flynn
Consumer Relations
Reckitt Benckiser North America"

Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:08am
I think they're catering to the same people who would buy that new tap faucet that's out now (great idea in the kitchen when handling meat etc.) but I saw one commercial that showed kids using it and talking about never having waste. I'm thinking, as a kid who used to constantly wave my hands in front of the coupon machines at the store, you can't tell me kids aren't gonna do the same thing with this damn dispenser:P
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 4:14am
Annoying Germaphobia aside what else bugs me is this Motion Sensor garbage is annoying enough when you're in public bathrooms I don't need that crap in my own bathroom. I decide when I want the soap not some semi sentient machine. And while I'm ranting the crapper will flush on MY schedule not it's own!
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
No_Seriously View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No_Seriously Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 4:06am
Hmm. I have one of these devices, not because of cooties on the pump but because on a number of occasions, my just-wet hands have caused that stupid pump to shoot out from under my hand and fall into the sink, usually when I'm in a hurry. Pick it up, try again,knock it into the sink again. Irritates the stuffing out of me.

The thing doesn't just up and pump out soap on its own, btw. My shoes are more semi sentient than this thing is. :)

What bugs me is how overpriced the refills are. So I refill the thing.

And it hasn't fallen into the sink once.
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:46pm
I just went to youtube and watched the video Tiz posted. Then, I saw another video in the related section. It's kind of on the same order, but doesn't involve soap dispensers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IrlhLF1c3k&feature=related
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:18pm
This one?
It does come in 3 colors so Fiddo looks fashionable while wearing a baggie.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:43pm
AngryANYTHING that would sense my motions and subsequently squirt something gooey on me (especially if I had my back turned) would suffer a horrible death...Homey don't need no machine squirtin' my general direction, no! I prefer bar soap...on the sink (NOT on the floor). 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

And the ones that are even worse are the motion sensor towel things! I've had to wave my hands all over the place, spray water everywhere, just to get a damn towel out! Now, how in the hell is that sanitary?!?

I hate those. It only gives you this teeny square of paper, and no matter how much you wave your hand, it refuses to give you more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic