Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty mutual "I got a bike"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty mutual "I got a bike"
    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:41am
I hate this commercial. I hate it so much I want to hurt the people in it. I hate the cheesey grin the woman has at the end. It makes me want to burn their house down with them in it. But I figured once the holidays are over the rage it brings within me will be gone. 

So why the hell am I still seeing this commercial ON JANUARY 11th? Why has it been on at all after New Years Day?
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 4:09pm
The upside is that its not Doug and the Emu dashing through the snow 

or donning their gay apparel 

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 4:29pm
the down side is:

this is NOT even an OLD ad--its their 'genius' idea that incorporates 'retro' &

its seemingly even more misbegotten and STOOPID than the emu as it attempts to
cash in on the 'cheesiness' inherent in things 'old' and how 'wacky' those 'old days' were

in other words for those of us not in our 20s-damned insulting

plus they are gonna beat this idea into the ground--just WATCH
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I hate this commercial. I hate it so much I want to hurt the people in it. I hate the cheesey grin the woman has at the end. It makes me want to burn their house down with them in it. But I figured once the holidays are over the rage it brings within me will be gone. 

So why the hell am I still seeing this commercial ON JANUARY 11th? Why has it been on at all after New Years Day?

I thought this ad was just for the holidays too, as I saw it first around Thanksgiving. I could be wrong though.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:07pm
You are not alone, d4!  I hate to quote myself...Embarrassed  Not really!  Evil Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:07am

[QUOTE=aka ron]
"Research shows..."  STFU!  What research, you freaking idiots!  I have NEVER hit a woman, but I would love to punch the Asian/black girl in the throat!  Angry

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
So Christmas til July is the next logical conclusion
we are the music makers
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
Do they use Christmas trees for Kwanzaa?
TommyPicklesFan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TommyPicklesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
"Research shows people remember commercials with nostalgia" How do you know jacka**! I haven't found that true at all. Plus, the lady looks ugly and I wish the people's house would catch on fire. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub82Xb1C8os
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

LOL
we are the music makers
UrbanMonkey View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:02am
For me, this is actually by far the least offending of Liberty Mutual commercials.  It was actually mildly amusing to me the very first time I saw it.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You are not alone, d4!  I hate to quote myself...Embarrassed  Not really!  Evil Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:07am

[QUOTE=aka ron]
"Research shows..."  STFU!  What research, you freaking idiots!  I have NEVER hit a woman, but I would love to punch the Asian/black girl in the throat!  Angry

She's hot, I'd let the Limu Imu bite the kid. Next edition of this commercial will replace the hottie mom with a TG.
I approve this message.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:37pm
ZIPPYJET is once again correct

its only a matter of time before the mom gets replaced 

with a trans woman of color 

we are the music makers
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 12:52am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

I don't know what kwanzaa has to do with it.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:39pm
It's January 24th. They are STILL playing this commercial. It's gone from annoying to obnoxious. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:06pm
It annoys the heck out of me!  "Research shows?"  Research shows that Liberty Mutual can't make a good commercial to save their business.  This is as close to funny as they have ever been.  I think the doofus has his phone in his pants!

Hah!  There goes snow plow guy! It's not a county truck, I wonder if he lives back here.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

It's January 24th. They are STILL playing this commercial. It's gone from annoying to obnoxious. 

I'm guessing its a candidate for Christmas in July 

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
we are the music makers
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It annoys the heck out of me!  "Research shows?"  Research shows that Liberty Mutual can't make a good commercial to save their business.  This is as close to funny as they have ever been.  I think the doofus has his phone in his pants!

Hah!  There goes snow plow guy! It's not a county truck, I wonder if he lives back here.

I actually find this one funny as well. Actually just heard it from the other room as I was typing.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:12am
Jesus Christ, could they just put this commercial to bed already? 
UltraPrime View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UltraPrime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:10am
Oh yeah? Well MY research shows that all these ad-holes employed by these disturbingly out-of-touch companies think they can "annoy" people into buying their product.

"I HATE this commercial!! Hand me my phone!"

"Why?"

"I gotta buy some insurance G@DD@MM!T!!"

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:23am
So...this is not an ad that's geared towards SELLING something FOR CHRISTMAS, it only is set during Christmas. Is there a rule that one can't reference Christmas as a basic setting at anytime? (If they were deliberately aiming the ad at some sort of holiday special discount or something, then I think it would be different.)

I actually like this ad, and I think the mother's "cheesy" smile at the end is just perfect. 

And no, Kwanzaa does not use Christmas trees, and it was over on January 1. 
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:21am
"So why the hell am I still seeing this commercial ON JANUARY 11th? Why has it been on at all after New Years Day?"

AND still being played as of 11pm Jan 25th. One full f'ing month after Xmas.Angry

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

"So why the hell am I still seeing this commercial ON JANUARY 11th? Why has it been on at all after New Years Day?"

AND still being played as of 11pm Jan 25th. One full f'ing month after Xmas.Angry

Like jon1 said earlier, this commercial might not be an ad geared towards Christmas, but just "set" during Christmas. 
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 11:31pm
maybe they shouldn’t have gotten the boy a pink bike.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the down side is:

this is NOT even an OLD ad--its their 'genius' idea that incorporates 'retro' &

its seemingly even more misbegotten and STOOPID than the emu as it attempts to
cash in on the 'cheesiness' inherent in things 'old' and how 'wacky' those 'old days' were

in other words for those of us not in our 20s-damned insulting

plus they are gonna beat this idea into the ground--just WATCH

I think we need to beat these people into the ground with the flat side of a shovel 

Ouch
we are the music makers
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:24pm
Research shows...AngryAngryAngry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic