Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Liberty Mutual   'Accident Forgiveness'   (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual 'Accident Forgiveness' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual 'Accident Forgiveness' (video)
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:16pm
MOST Liberty Mutual commercials are quite fine and I like the analogies, but THIS is one commercial drives me absolutely bat-sh*tAngry. Why? They made her wear high heels on the set and she clearly is new to them - makes her gait not unlike that of a clydesdale or maybe the skinnycow, herself; it just blows the whole commercial to hell. They realy should have done another take, having her wear 'flats'. ConfusedMaybe they did and maybe she was too short for the cameras and background? If Liberty Mutual can afford to buy anyone a replacement car one year newer, with 15,000 fewer miles, why couldn't they at least have bought her some 'Herman Munster Shoes'? She would have walked better in them.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:35pm
That's clearly the stride of a yeast infection, now you stop picking on that poor bread-crotched girl and let her aerate that turf.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 6:54pm
She's probably walking that way because some dumbass thought it'd be a good idea to have her wear high heels while walking on grass. If she didn't walk like that her heels would probably sink into the ground.

That being said, this is probably my least favorite of their stupid commercials. Her bug eye expressions, overacting...ugh. But the worst part is, she's describing someone who apparently puts far more effort into picking out what car to buy than they do with the actual driving. So it's the insurances fault because the person is a dumbass who researches torque ratio but can't figure out how to not slam their car into a tree right away? Why is she making the insurance out to be the bad one here? I'd raise their rates too for being an entitled bad driving idiot.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:05pm
I'd like to know why she smashed it into a tree. As far I know trees don't grow in the road, they're on the side of the road. Unless it was abandoned.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

She's probably walking that way because some dumbass thought it'd be a good idea to have her wear high heels while walking on grass. If she didn't walk like that her heels would probably sink into the ground.

That being said, this is probably my least favorite of their stupid commercials. Her bug eye expressions, overacting...ugh. But the worst part is, she's describing someone who apparently puts far more effort into picking out what car to buy than they do with the actual driving. So it's the insurances fault because the person is a dumbass who researches torque ratio but can't figure out how to not slam their car into a tree right away? Why is she making the insurance out to be the bad one here? I'd raise their rates too for being an entitled bad driving idiot.
Thank you for the 'walking on grass' explanation - THAT makes sense!
Now, for 'The Rest of the Story' (as Paul Harvey said for so many years) - I have to disagree 100% on your assmptions. Why? Because I am married to the person she describes and if I were to refer to her as a 'dumbass', I'd prolly be dead, or you'd find me dazed & drooling in a wheel chair, in the 'unhealthy vegetable'-section of the grocery store with tempting close-out pricing hung over my neck...
(if you see the above, fair warning: Avoid. Hide the children. Stay away. Far, far away)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hellen View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:13am
>>MOST Liberty Mutual commercials are quite fine

Oh no no no, you must not have to endure those things LITERALYY 50x or more a day. I've seen these things run BACK TO BACK, and run the same commercial in the same channel in 5 minutes time (one other commercial in between.)

Liberty Mutual has got to go. If they would cut only 1/2 of their commercial air time, we'd all save money on insurance.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 5:15am

Ummm.. you do realize that she's not making out anyone to be anything.
This commercial is written for, approved by, and paid for by the insurance company.
She is just a tool. (So is "Brad".)

Insurance companies pander to your sense of fairness using words like "we" and "forgiveness" because they know you would absolutely DESPISE them if you totally understood that they ONLY give a damn about profits. Not YOU. Not forgiveness. Not even poor old "Brad".

Don't fall for it. Insurance companies only care about profits.
They can take all this "forgiveness" twaddle and shove it up their tailpipe!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:40am
If you are uncomfortably "upside down" on your loan the gap insurance may be worth the expense. The accident forgiveness insurance is just paying the potential premium increases in advance for an accident you will probably never have. I recently had a rock verses windshield comprehensive claim. $550, no deductible. Comprehensive premium $5 per month for 20 years since last claim ($350, rear window, vandalism). 10 years premiums paid for first claim $600. 20 years premiums paid for second claim $1200. $1800 premiums paid versus $900 claims paid. Who's the winner?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Ummm.. you do realize that she's not making out anyone to be anything.
This commercial is written for, approved by, and paid for by the insurance company.
She is just a tool. (So is "Brad".)

Insurance companies pander to your sense of fairness using words like "we" and "forgiveness" because they know you would absolutely DESPISE them if you totally understood that they ONLY give a damn about profits. Not YOU. Not forgiveness. Not even poor old "Brad".

Don't fall for it. Insurance companies only care about profits.
They can take all this "forgiveness" twaddle and shove it up their tailpipe!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume Autumn meant they were making OTHER insurance companies look like the bad guy, Liberty Mutual, of course, being your buddy with forgiveness and such.

What they don't tell you is that things like accident forgiveness and buy-you-a-year-newer-car add-ons to your policy cost a bunch of extra money... which is why these ads kinda insult me. Maybe that part is in the teenie weenie print at the bottom of the screen that no one can actually read.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:41pm
Speaking of mouseprint, I had to laugh out loud at a local commercial for eyeglasses the other day.

The mouseprint was something like 4 point italic light gray font on a white background. Not only that, the image was clearly upsized from the original (which must have been the size of a postage stamp?) and the conversion was so bad, you could not read the lettering at all.

I freeze-framed the TV (a 60" HDTV, with U-Verse digital input), and took a picture. It is simply not legible. (I want to post it here on CIH eventually, once I figure out how. It's classic.

Quite ironic for a commercial about vision.

And don't even get me started about "professional driver" on "closed course". Unless they don't pay their staff, then technically Joe-Shmoe actor off the street is a "professional" driver.   I just saw the "professional" driver B/S on a lawnmower commercial!! Geezs!! They also felt the need to let us know the blade was not engaged and to drive the lawnmower responsibly.

This is the kind of stuff that drives people crazy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

If you are uncomfortably "upside down" on your loan the gap insurance may be worth the expense. The accident forgiveness insurance is just paying the potential premium increases in advance for an accident you will probably never have. I recently had a rock verses windshield comprehensive claim. $550, no deductible. Comprehensive premium $5 per month for 20 years since last claim ($350, rear window, vandalism). 10 years premiums paid for first claim $600. 20 years premiums paid for second claim $1200. $1800 premiums paid versus $900 claims paid. Who's the winner?
Insurance companies rarely mention GAP INSURANCE, but it is soooooooo valuable
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:38am
Hate them all. Liberty Mutual must be for people who plan on their new vehicle totaled in it's first year.
How often does this happen? 
The dumbass guy that says his $40,000 vehicle was t-boned by a minivan -  the van driver's insurance should be footing the bill, not his.
So Liberty Mutual forgives you for your first accident, after that your on your own. 
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:47am
The only way that his insurance would pick it up is if the driver of the van was uninsured or underinsured, and that's only if dumbass has the right coverage.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Hate them all. Liberty Mutual must be for people who plan on their new vehicle totaled in it's first year.
How often does this happen? 
The dumbass guy that says his $40,000 vehicle was t-boned by a minivan -  the van driver's insurance should be footing the bill, not his.
So Liberty Mutual forgives you for your first accident, after that your on your own. 
Doesn't matter - what he said is true. Another reason for GAP Insurance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic