Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lay's Chicken and Waffles potato chips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lay's Chicken and Waffles potato chips
    Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 4:59pm
Now keep in mind, I'm one of those "Wow, that sounds gross!  I'd better try it" types of people!  I recently received a tip about three unusual flavours of Lay's Potato Chips.  As I joked on Facebook, I know how sad it is to have a "snack tipster" but that's the way I roll!  The three trial flavours are Chicken and Waffles, Sriracha, and Cheesy Garlic Bread.  People then vote for their favourites on the Lay's website. 

I tried the Chicken and Waffles flavour and while you're not going to mistake it for actual chicken and waffles, they were interesting and tasty.  They tasted like a chicken-y maple syrup!  LOL.  If that's your thing then I'm sure you'd like these chips.  I sure did.  And I'm looking forward to trying the other two flavours!

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:02pm
OK, now I've also tried the Sriracha ones.  Deeeeeeeelicious!!!  Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:11pm
Hmmmm...not sure about those first two, especially the chicken-waffles one (not a fan of maple flavoring).  But the cheesy-garlic bread flavor sounds good.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hmmmm...not sure about those first two, especially the chicken-waffles one (not a fan of maple flavoring).  But the cheesy-garlic bread flavor sounds good.

They're next on my list!  Thumbs Up  Mr. Aleen didn't like the Chicken and Waffles chips either.  He said that they were too sweet.  I guess this Canadian chick is used to maple syrup flavours!  The Sriracha ones have a bit of a kick to them, just like the real Sriracha, which I also love.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Now keep in mind, I'm one of those "Wow, that sounds gross!  I'd better try it" types of people! ...
YAY! I'm NOT the only one!
'Pawism' #76: As long as it wasn't green while it was a'wigglin', or soon after death, then it's 'fair game' (as long as it don'beez smellin' rank).
'Dead Potatoes' are always good...but those Srirachi ones? No Thanks - they sound gross - overly-sweet grade-school not at all-hot sauce. 'Chicken & Waffles Chips'? Hmm...they sound simply "Drag me back to 'da hood"-good, but I'd certainly over-eat.
I'd get indigestion.
I'd have nightmares of being tied to a chair at the dinner table, held against my will, I tell ya.
A 'Black Paula Deen' would have fixed a giant plate of chicken & waffles, smothered in maple syrup. She would be laughing and cackling and she wouldn't shut up for anything, while her best friend, MissyDWolf, would be carefully, lovingly, forcefully placing the next bite of chicken & waffles in my mouth, fattening me up for market, doncha know.
"just oooonee more eeensy, teeensy bite, Mr. CreosoteWolf...."
I think I'd need a bucket.  
File:Monthy Pythons The Meaning of Life MrCreosoteSketch.jpg

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm
Are these available in all markets? I must try the Sriracha!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

DeadYou can have my unopened bag, which is currently turned around backwards so I don't even need to look at them. They're sitting on the shelf at your local grocers - just pick them up and put them in your jacket before walking out of the store...if anyone asks, tell them they were mine and I said you could have them for free.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 3:59am
Reporting in on the Cheesy Garlic Bread flavor - tastes like they just took the plain potato chips and gave it a SLIGHT cheesey flavor - definitely a waste of a flavor that sounded awesome.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 5:17pm
Tried Chicken and Waffles and didn't really enjoy it, and I love chicken and waffles. They just tasted like maple syrup chips to me. Sriracha chips however were very good. Still haven't tried the garlic bread ones.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:43pm
Roscoe's!Big smileBig smile

"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

DeadYou can have my unopened bag, which is currently turned around backwards so I don't even need to look at them. They're sitting on the shelf at your local grocers - just pick them up and put them in your jacket before walking out of the store...if anyone asks, tell them they were mine and I said you could have them for free.

Thanks... but I have some misgivings about this plan... Confused
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 11:51pm
Will report in tonight - I'm going to get the Sriracha and Chicken/Waffles flavors to try,

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Thanks... but I have some misgivings about this plan... Confused

I tried this - some nice men took me aside to have a "talk". They didn't believe my story for some odd reason. lol.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:34am
Now I've tried all 3 flavors. The sriracha ones just taste like extra-spicy BBQ chips, not a bad thing in itself but it's just not "different". The Chicken & Waffle ones are pretty good - this is probably going to be my pick out of the 3.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 4:54am
I found the Sriracha chips at a local Walgreen's (and acquired them legally)! They were pretty good -- Snesgamer's description is probably accurate. For me, at least, they were spicy enough to make my eyes water after I had a few! 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:28am

Still haven't seen 'em - went looking and HAD to have some another brand of 'sea salt & pepper' baked chips.

Did what I normally do. Opened the bag and shoved a handful in my mouth, then carefully and neatly folded the top of the bag for the consumer. I didn't drop too many on the floor and was polite and didn't speak with my mouth full, when the grocer asked what the hell I was doing. Again, I remembered my manners and made him wait until I swallowed before reaching for an un-opened bag and asked him if he'd like to try a few that didn't already have my nasty germs already on them.
He *seemed* grateful, doncha know...
I'll probably make it up to him and buy a beer from his store, next time I'm there. 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:54pm
I had to look up the word, "sriracha" because I've neither heard of nor seen it before. :/

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:00pm

I'm a purist. I like regular, plain Lays. The ones in the yellow bag. I rarely eat chips, so when I do indulge, it's the most basic potato flavor. Going crazy for me would be a ranch Dorito. I won't be part of this test marketing.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

I had to look up the word, "sriracha" because I've neither heard of nor seen it before. :/

If you like hot sauces you should try it. It's not just spicy, but actually has a really nice flavor that complements a lot of things. I like it best on Asian food (esp. Viet and Mongolian BBQ) but I've seen people use it on pretty much everything, even pizza. It's easy to find at Asian grocery stores, and most mainstream stores have started carrying it, too.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:06pm
I'd definitely give the Sriracha and Garlic bread ones a try, but chicken & waffles just doesn't sound like a combination I'd go for.  I love both foods, and love maple syrup, but ...

S100Headache View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S100Headache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 1:19am
The Garlic Bread one was quite a disappointment for me. Couldn't taste the garlic, only a hint of cheese. I might as well go with cheddar flavored chips.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:00am
Well, the contest is long over, but I did try the Chicken and Waffle to-day, when I saw them in the local gas station (Well, the one within walking distance...well, the one without close walking distance)

I gotta say, I see why they won. Mind you, I'm approaching them from a taste perspective, not as a snack, so I'm really concentrating, but I notice you get the mapley-taste first, then this interesting "Not quite burnt" smoky flavor instantly recognizable as waffle. Not sure I can taste any chicken in 'em, but I do smell it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic