Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klondike Bar "5 Second Challenge" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klondike Bar "5 Second Challenge" (video)
    Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 2:23am
AngryDammitDammitDammit!!!

It just doesn't seem to work...at least for THIS ol'Wolf, doncha know!

BiatchWolf better not spend any more of our money on Kilondike Bars, so she can try and coerce me into doing 'househusband work' I don'wanna do!
My apron is gettin' dirty fer nothin'
*I* DID put the dirty dishes away all by my bad ol'self - and all *I* got was directions to where the remaining clean ones were...and I didn't get no stinkin' 'Klondike Bar', I tell ya!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 3:06am
I never understood the whole "what would you do..." ad campaign.  I mean, it isn't like they are giving away money and people have to perform tricks to get the prize.  Just go to the damn supermarket and buy your own Klondike bar.  I'm sure the wife used his money to buy it, anyway. Disapprove
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:37am
There's another one too where the guy listens to his wife talk for 5 seconds and is rewarded with a mint klondike bar. WTF is this the 80s? Are we still using "women talk too much" as a legitimate stereotype? My husband rambles on about his day more then I do!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 12:57pm
I haven't seen the "biker dudes holding hands for 5 seconds" one recently.  I wonder if someone got their knickers in a wad and complained?
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

There's another one too where the guy listens to his wife talk for 5 seconds and is rewarded with a mint klondike bar. WTF is this the 80s? Are we still using "women talk too much" as a legitimate stereotype? My husband rambles on about his day more then I do!
 What's more they have one about the mean mother in law. Hurr hurr it's a good `un, if this was 1947.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 4:22am
Sorry people, but a Klondike bar ain't enough incentive for me to endure something odious for five seconds.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:04pm
Unhappy...oh no...(I couldn't find the video) - there is an all-new '5 seconds to glory' commercial for the Klondike 'Choco Taco'. 
Another 'bad businessdrunk' commercial.
Watch for it - you'll be sorry you did. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:36pm
I had a Klondike once...disgusting. The 'vanilla' ice cream was so vile that it put me off all vanilla flavoured treats for 17 years. I eat vanilla now, but I still will never forget the awful taste of that one klondike.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic