Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kay Jewelers engagement and Christmas ads...BARF!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kay Jewelers engagement and Christmas ads...BARF!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kay Jewelers engagement and Christmas ads...BARF!
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:05pm
Anyone else as sick as I am of these sappy, trite, and materialistic pieces of garbage?
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:33pm
I went looking for the "...is he still awake?..." commercial to add to the VERY long-running KAY Thread, just this A.M. One can only find a 'watered-down' version of it - without the IDIOTIC "...is he still awake?..." question. So I didn't bring THAT thread back to life.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:34pm
DeadWe have a local ad here for a Big Jewelry Store about to open. Ok, now, Southwest Florida has been hit hard by the recession. Weddings on every weekend are a thing of the past, and who can afford to buy jewelry anyway? Maybe 1% of the population? yah, and just keep jacking up the price of gold and try to sell rings/watches/necklaces,,,ect. { I was never into jewelry anyway, but one of my X's was, and she declared bankruptcy.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by sharonite sharonite wrote:

Anyone else as sick as I am of these sappy, trite, and materialistic pieces of garbage?

yes.......and remember, it's just started. There's still New Year/Valentine and Mothers Day.
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 4:46am
Yeah, this is one of the things I dread of Winter. I hate hate hate the stupid Christmas commercials telling you that you need to buy people jewelry for them to love you.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

Yeah, this is one of the things I dread of Winter. I hate hate hate the stupid Christmas commercials telling you that you need to buy people jewelry for them to love you.
Confused AND The never ending ads for "1/2 price off of retail" nonsense. Gee, I wonder how much they jack up the price of any jewelry item to make it seem as if it's actually worth 2000.00? then they get u all excited when they offer it for $1000.00 [OMG OMG !!! I just saved a whole 1000.00 !!!,,{yah,,,right} lets just start selling new lambrogini's for One Million dollars and discount them to $250,000,,,,,NOW YOU HAVE SAVED A WHOLE $750,000 !!!!  WOW...now I can buy ten houses with all that imaginary money I just saved !!!!Cool
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 5:09am
I don't know- the one with the deaf chick is kind of cool. Maybe it's just because I like the idea of the ckick being deaf. You'd never have to worry about her thinking she heard something you never said while you were mumbling to yourself, you could blast the game as loud as you like, and she would be less inclined to yell at you. Life would be kind of cool that way.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 10:12pm
The one with the deaf girl is really annoying, because it's so obvious they are trying to play on our emotions. I mean, who can get mad at a deaf girl. That would be politically incorrect. So, it gives the commercial a warm, fuzzy feel that you would feel bad hating because of the deaf girl.

The other ones suck as well. Why do women get so emotional over a damn rock? Especially since alot of the diamonds have "blood" on them.

You also see alot of holiday car commercials this time of year. Usually the high end ones like Lexus and BMW. You know, the ones with the car parked in the driveway with a big red bow on top. Aren't we, as a country, in debt enough? Who in the hell can afford an expensive piece of jewelry or a new Lexus?
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 10:41pm
hurm
I don't want diamonds. I want a man to give me moth cocoons and butterfly chrysalises.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 10:50pm
I don't want diamonds, I just want to live in a world where we will never have to see any more gieco, snuggie and any commercials using attractive&clueless females.Embarrassed
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 11:52pm
For once, I'd love to see a commercial for guys.
"Aww Honey, a Browning 12ga. You shouldn't have."Cry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:13am
Well, I'd like it if a guy gave me a pair of authentic samurai swords.
Or anyone for that matter.
Samurai swords... made in the traditional way. Or, even better, samurai swords owned by an actual samurai like thousands of years ago. Heart
Without hurting me,
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Samurai swords... made in the traditional way. Or, even better, samurai swords owned by an actual samurai like thousands of years ago. Heart
Confused...and they used to put peanut butter in 'Mr Ed's' mouth to make him say, "Hhhhoorrrsssh*ttt, Wilburrrr!!!"

THIS is what YOU want. Don't lie.

***HOWEVER ***
PAWOLF suggests THIS (as long as I'm 2,000 miles away)
Fourth%20Blood%20Functional%20Machete%20Blade%20Hunting%20Knife%20With%20Free%20Sheath%20%20#1
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

The one with the deaf girl is really annoying, because it's so obvious they are trying to play on our emotions. I mean, who can get mad at a deaf girl. That would be politically incorrect. So, it gives the commercial a warm, fuzzy feel that you would feel bad hating because of the deaf girl.The other ones suck as well. Why do women get so emotional over a damn rock? Especially since alot of the diamonds have "blood" on them. You also see alot of holiday car commercials this time of year. Usually the high end ones like Lexus and BMW. You know, the ones with the car parked in the driveway with a big red bow on top. Aren't we, as a country, in debt enough? Who in the hell can afford an expensive piece of jewelry or a new Lexus?

Actually my husband and I were screaming about this commercial last night. How come the skinny, "normal" chicks get the ring or the necklace but the deaf chick gets an Fing watch?! So what because she's deaf she's not good enough for a Christmastime proposal? Is she his sister? WTF?:-P

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 4:02am
Hmm... If it's 300 dollars for a sword, it's probably not very authentic... And a five body sword would probably cost TONS of money. Like,a lot. And I don't think anyone could get those sort of swords but a museum or something...

But they are so gorgeous and well made, those authenticly made samurai swords.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...and they used to put peanut butter in 'Mr Ed's' mouth to make him say, "Hhhhoorrrsssh*ttt, Wilburrrr!!!"

THIS is what YOU want. Don't lie.

***HOWEVER ***
PAWOLF suggests THIS (as long as I'm 2,000 miles away)
Fourth%20Blood%20Functional%20Machete%20Blade%20Hunting%20Knife%20With%20Free%20Sheath%20%20#1
Without hurting me,
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:28pm

I'll start folding the steel this morning. Should have it done some time next summer.Star
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Craftychiq Craftychiq wrote:

Actually my husband and I were screaming about this commercial last night. How come the skinny, "normal" chicks get the ring or the necklace but the deaf chick gets an Fing watch?! So what because she's deaf she's not good enough for a Christmastime proposal? Is she his sister? WTF?:-P

It's because they broke tradition and didn't go with the "dumb guy" stereotype. Any smart guy knows you don't propose on Christmas. In every court show I have seen, if the guy gives the girl the ring on Christmas (or her birthday, etc.) it's considered a "gift" not a "contract" as it is most any other time. If things go in the sh*tter and you proposed on Christmas- say bye bye to that ring.

I love my wife and I've always trusted her to follow through on things, but I proposed on a random Tuesday.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:38pm

You also see alot of holiday car commercials this time of year. Usually the high end ones like Lexus and BMW. You know, the ones with the car parked in the driveway with a big red bow on top. Aren't we, as a country, in debt enough? Who in the hell can afford an expensive piece of jewelry or a new Lexus?

Oh GOD I hate those. The Lexus one from a few years ago was the worst. It had some snooty teenage bitch, and her parents sit her down and the dad says "We got you a CD player for Christmas." and the look on her snotty rich bitch mug is like she's thinking "Yeah, great. Like I don't already have five CD palayers you assholes!"

Then they go outside and she's happy because her parents bought an overpriced Toyota for her. I wanted to punch her in the ovaries. Or better yet, punch her mom in the ovaries so hard that she would have a retroactive miscarriage and the snooty teenageer would die right there in the driveway. That would be a happy Christmas for me.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:39pm

hurm
I don't want diamonds. I want a man to give me moth cocoons and butterfly chrysalises.

The Virginia Tiger Moth

Sorry about the lack of red bow......

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:39pm
neet! Those turn into cute moths!

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

hurm

The Virginia Tiger Moth

Sorry about the lack of red bow......

Without hurting me,
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 12:44am
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I love my wife and I've always trusted her to follow through on things, but I proposed on a random Tuesday.

Would you believe my husband proposed to me on April Fools Day? I didn't take him seriously at first LOL
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 1:11am
I just can't STAND this one!Angry

Call Now View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Call Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 1:16am

hurm

Be still, my beating heart...
Eheu! Fugaces labuntur anni...
DobesRGr8 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DobesRGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 1:41am
As (an admittedly atypical, commitment-phobic) female, I've never understood other women getting "so emotional over a damn rock" either. I tend to get emotional over practical things ... like a set of new tires with superb, all-weather traction. Smile

Why do women get so emotional over a damn rock?

“I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes...." --Philip Dusenberry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 1:49am
Or Dir en grey tickets. Now, that would make me emotional. Or perhaps a new jacket and a new operating system
Because I need that.
Or a new computer.... Or a bunny. Yes, those things would make me happy

THough the commercial with the fellow and the deaf chick made me go AWWWWWWWWWWW uncontrollably.
Without hurting me,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic