Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a wee bit on the warm side....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a wee bit on the warm side....
    Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 2:16am

Right now it's about 87 degrees out, at 9:14.  87 F*CKING DEGREES.  The humidity is beyond stifling, I'm gasping for breath, and despite the best efforts of the fan and the open window, it's going to be a goddamn miracle if I sleep tonight.

Thankfully, the ACs are going up tomorrow.  I said to myself, I'm not going to beg for the ACs to go up until June 15th.  Well, a week before that, and I was virtually on my hands and knees.

I guess this make up for the cool, cloudy, driz'ly weather we've had for the past few days.  This morning, when I woke up & got the morning paper, it felt like it had for those days.  By mid-afternoon, as expected, things had changed.

Ugh.......

I have 168 characters remaining.
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 12:59pm
It's as warm as a sauna in the city. Yesterday at the Yankee's game, the home plate umpire had to leave the game by the 2nd inning. That place was absolutely sticky, and there was no breeze.

Today, will be more of the same.

I wish I was in Scotland!
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:11pm
Warm, clear, and dry here in California.  Hummingbirds are humming and the morning is alive with butterflies fluttering their wings in flights of joy and happiness.  The scent of roses fills the air.  Mr. Sunshine is beginning to bless us with the gift of life as he makes his grand entrance at the start of this brand new day.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:39pm

Mr. Sunshine, Thor??LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 3:44pm
LOL uhhh....Thor???!!! You're sounding awfully 'chipper' there, Bobo.
 What did YOU get, last night???!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Survivable weather, here.
Today

Slight%20Chance%20Thunderstorms%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2020%
Slight Chc
Tstms
Hi 86°F
Tonight

Slight%20Chance%20Thunderstorms%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2020%
Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 72°F
Monday

Slight Chc
Tstms
Hi 88°F
Monday
Night

Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 71°F
Tuesday

Thunderstorms%20Likely%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2060%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 85°F
Tuesday
Night

Slight%20Chance%20Showers%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2020%
Slight Chc
Showers
Lo 59°F
Wednesday

Mostly%20Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 73°F
Wednesday
Night

Partly%20Cloudy
Partly
Cloudy
Lo 56°F
Thursday

Sunny
Sunny

Hi 73°F
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 5:55pm
This is my comfortable temperature. IDK if anyone here lives in New York City, but I'm fully prepared for summers in the city. I'm made for hot weather, I think.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Warm, clear, and dry here in California.  Hummingbirds are humming and the morning is alive with butterflies fluttering their wings in flights of joy and happiness.  The scent of roses fills the air.  Mr. Sunshine is beginning to bless us with the gift of life as he makes his grand entrance at the start of this brand new day.

Oh, shut up, you goddamned optimistic hippie. Unhappy

On a nicer note, have you put your AC up?  As I recall, it is June.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOL uhhh....Thor???!!! You're sounding awfully 'chipper' there, Bobo.
 What did YOU get, last night???!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Survivable weather, here.
Today

Slight Chc
Tstms
Hi 86°F
Tonight

Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 72°F
Monday

Slight Chc
Tstms
Hi 88°F
Monday
Night

Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 71°F
Tuesday

Thunderstorms%20Likely%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2060%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 85°F
Tuesday
Night

Slight%20Chance%20Showers%20Chance%20for%20Measurable%20Precipitation%2020%
Slight Chc
Showers
Lo 59°F
Wednesday

Mostly%20Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 73°F
Wednesday
Night

Partly%20Cloudy
Partly
Cloudy
Lo 56°F
Thursday

Sunny
Sunny

Hi 73°F

What are all those puffy things in those pictures, Pa?  Are they what you call "clouds"?  I seem to remember such things.  I heard we might even have had one a few weeks ago here!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Mr. Sunshine, Thor??LOL

That'd be Joe.  Joe Sunshine.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:16pm

Heyyy Joooooee....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Oh, shut up, you goddamned optimistic hippie. Unhappy

On a nicer note, have you put your AC up?  As I recall, it is June.

Don't you think the world needs more love and optimism, you cynical teenage bastard?

I strayed.  About a month ago, we had temps around 103 for about 3 days.  I could've handled it, but my computer fan was pumpin', and my feline Mickey was pantin'...so i turned the AC on.

Here's a regional bit of trivia:  If you say "AC" here, in reference to air-conditioning, people aren't quite sure what you're talking about.

Same is true for pocketbook and tinfoil.  Words easterners use.  Also, "back east" means anything from Utah on eastward.

Oh...and in California, there's no such thing as a "California Burger".

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:24pm
We're in the middle of a thunderstorm.  Our garden is LOVING this weather!!Star

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:26pm

Don't you think the world needs more love and optimism, you cynical teenage bastard?

No.  Not when it's going to be near 100 the next few days, anyway.

I strayed.  About a month ago, we had temps around 103 for about 3 days.  I could've handled it, but my computer fan was pumpin', and my feline Mickey was pantin'...so i turned the AC on.

Can't blame you.  Oh, forgot to capitalize "i".  Just a helpful tip from yer old pal NR. Wink

Here's a regional bit of trivia:  If you say "AC" here, in reference to air-conditioning, people aren't quite sure what you're talking about.

Well, then, they should learn!!

Same is true for pocketbook and tinfoil.  Words easterners use.  Also, "back east" means anything from Utah on eastward.

Oh, those blasted westerners...think they're better than the easterners....

Wait...tinfoil???

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:32pm

Oh, forgot to capitalize "i".  Just a helpful tip from yer old pal NR. Wink

No, NR...that's the way we California hippies are.  Very self-effacing.  What makes us so important?  'Cuz like, after all, who are we in this universe?  Like, y'know?  Haven't you noticed how i didn't even capitalize my user name when i created my avatar?  We California hippies are wonderful that way.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:35pm

Wait...tinfoil???

What do you say?  Aluminum foil?  Foil?  Maybe tinfoil is an old folks word.  Like icebox.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

We're in the middle of a thunderstorm.  Our garden is LOVING this weather!!Star

OK, that's where our summer weather here is bad.  Everything has to be watered.  Furthermore, the soil here dries out quickly as a result of the heat and complete lack of humidity.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:39pm
Southerners say FOLE.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:42pm
Archie Bunker would say "furl".  Actually, he'd probably say "tinfurl".

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:45pm

Oh, forgot to capitalize "i".  Just a helpful tip from yer old pal NR. Wink

No, NR...that's the way we California hippies are.  Very self-effacing.  What makes us so important?  'Cuz like, after all, who are we in this universe?  Like, y'know?  Haven't you noticed how i didn't even capitalize my user name when i created my avatar?  We California hippies are wonderful that way.

You created it, nothing.  I do believe it twas I who was nice enough to find you an avatar.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:47pm

Wait...tinfoil???

What do you say?  Aluminum foil?  Foil?  Maybe tinfoil is an old folks word.  Like icebox.

I say "tinfoil".  Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever said "aluminum foil".

Odd.  The things you think of, when you don't initially think of them.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:48pm
We say tinfoil. Thor, you're so much more buoyant and joyfull than you were on Kat's thread, did you go and eat that ice cream with sprinkles I suggested?LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:49pm

You created it, nothing.  I do believe it twas I who was nice enough to find you an avatar.

Yeah, if ya really wanna look at it that way.  I prefer to think that cosmic forces that include you and me and the fellow inhabitants of this planet created my avatar.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:50pm
I don't care to be called "cosmic forces", Thor.  I do have a name.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:53pm
Oh yeah, it's hotter than the hinges of Hell here!!!! about 90. Oh, and I won 2nd prize in last night's baked bean bake off!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

We say tinfoil. Thor, you're so much more buoyant and joyfull than you were on Kat's thread, did you go and eat that ice cream with sprinkles I suggested?LOL

No.  No ice cream, Big Momma.  But after you planted the ice cream seed in my head, ya know what I started concocting?  It takes the ice cream edge off.  Goes like this:

skim milk
a teaspoon of low-cal whipped topping
ice
splash of Torani syrups, and maybe some artificial/natural flavorings

put in blender, and whip up into a thick frothy shake.  The ice and the whipped topping fatten it up.

While it's not quite a real milkshake, it tastes great!!  Plus, a 16 oz glass MIGHT be 120 calories (most of the calories come from the skim milk, a few from the whipped topping).  The first one, I used no-cal Chocolate Torani syrup and some orange extract.  Last night, no-cal Coconut Torani syrup, cherry extract, and some chopped-up cherries.  Tonight, French Vanilla syrup and mint extract.  Soon, I'll use the vanilla syrup with some anise extract for a vanilla-black licorice shake (believe me, I've made other beverages with anise extract---and they're great, if you like black licorice!!).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic