Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:20pm
Another warm night here in Wisconsin.  Warm enough to keep me from sleeping well.  I had to adjust the AC for the final few hours of sleep.  Now, I'm trying to cool off the rest of the house. Showing 80 degrees in the living area.
Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:52pm
Very hot today! It's 90 right now! Heavy storms will hit the area tomorrow.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:01am
Rained all day here, so just stayed in. Only went outside to grab the mail & check the pool...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
Looks like we're in for a bit of a blow here in the next day or so.

I'm not even going to try to spell the name of this storm. Or pronounce it.

I just hope it keeps veering off to the east, though I wouldn't mind some slightly cooler breezy weather.

On another note....

I can't believe it's August again already!!!! 

Seems like only a year ago.... oh wait... it was.

Anyway, I could tell it was getting near a day or two ago, when I was in the Dollar Tree and saw that they were putting out their fall merchandise.

Little plastic clip on pumpkins....

....orange and brown leaves, little burlap scarecrows on sticks, etc...

My favorite yearly harbinger of autumn.

In a couple more weeks, the Halloween stuff will start hitting the shelves.

Even though it's still in the 90's outside. Dead

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:07pm
It's rainy and quite a bit cooler right now with the temperature only at 74 degrees to start the month of August.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:22pm
Cool here for early August.  The low was in the upper 50s.  Expecting a high temp of only 69.  NICE!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:39pm
It's  cooler for today with a high of 74 and a low of 54, the coolest low since June 17th. Not bad for early August.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 5:16pm
Back to hot and humid with some heavy storms later on today. 90 degrees (the predicted high) with the Dew Point in the 70s.

I moved some of my fans around hoping to keep it cooler out here in the living room.  Feels pretty good right now at 74.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:41pm
Typical hot-ass rainy August weather down here.

Hasn't rained yet today, but it looks like the daily afternoon thunderstorm is slowly approaching.

Thought I'd try to mow the yard this evening, but I'm beginning to hear what sounds like some far off thunder rumbling in the distance.

I recall back when the rainy months were June and July.

By August it would get noticeably drier and just plain hot.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 4:43pm
After a nice strech of weather this past week, the heat's coming back today with a high of about 91 and a chance of storms starting later in the afternoon.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:52pm
We are going to start to see the transition over the next 2 or 3 weeks.  I'll leave the AC hooked up until the end of September because you just never know.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:56pm
After a weekend of hot weather, cooler temps this whole week, with one of the highs as 76.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 5:28pm
Summer is not letting go just yet! Angry

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 5:29pm
Possibly severe storms today with a highs in the low-90's. I was outside quite a bit yesterday and it was extremely hot.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 5:04pm

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 7:26pm
We have a chance of storms today and tonight. The big change happens next week as cool air arrives and temps. will be only the high 60's and low 70's. As of right now, the high temp on Labor Day will be only 71.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 6:40pm
I haven't had to use the AC at all. Very pleasant.  I may need to see if I can start the boiler.   Things, they are a changin'.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I haven't had to use the AC at all. Very pleasant.  I may need to see if I can start the boiler.   Things, they are a changin'.

Only 59 next Wednesday where you're at! Safe to say, whether we like it or not, fall is coming. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm
LOL

Some off and on light showers the past 36 hours or so.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 4:44pm
LOL

Where I'm at, it's been high 60's or low 70's for the past week, and it's been cloudy most of the days.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:32pm
The humidity is insane here today.

I'm sitting here, stewing in my own juices as they say.

It's 4:30 pm. 

I'll turn on the a/c or the dehumidifier in a little while.

If I wasn't such a chintzy bastard, I'd have turned it on a couple of hours or so ago.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:15pm
I called a HVAC company on Saturday.   I fell asleep on the couch this morning and missed their call.

Called them back so it looks like they may be here today.  It's a chilly 50 degrees out.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 4:41pm
We may have just had the last day of warm weather until spring. The past week, it's been in the high 70's or low 80's. For the next 10 days, more typical fall weather with high's in the 50's or 60's.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm
We're supposed to be getting a little taste of fall around here in the next couple pf days.

Daytime highs in the low - mid 80's with overnight lows in the 60's.

Low humidity and low rain chances.

Right now though, it's soggy, wet and humid as hell.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 175>
  Share Topic