Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 5:13pm
I had a couple of areas of shaggy grass in the front lawn.  It's nasty outside but we are expecting heavy rain.  It was only 39 degrees and windy with some very light drizzle.  Brrrrski!!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 5:29pm
We actually (finally) got a little bit of rain over on the coast. Don't know how far inland it got or if it rained over where the brush fires have been a problem, but as bad as we need it, I guess we'll take anything.

Better chances for wider coverage over the next couple of days, then dry again for the rest of the week.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:17am
It's been almost 2 months since I mowed the yard here in CFL, and only did it today because I got enough rain overnight to wet the ground (otherwise it would be like driving through a dust storm.)  I'm only watering a few trees to keep them alive through this drought (lost almost all my orange crop early, unless it blooms again in 'rainy' season),  no sense in wasting water for a "pretty" yard of weeds...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 6:43pm
Nearly 2 inches of rain overnight, I always thought Florida got a lot of rain.

Mr. Sump Pump is working overtime! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 6:45pm
We finally got a little rain again today, but again, mostly near the coast. Got a better chance inland starting later today into tomorrow.

I just hope the brush fire areas get a good soaking.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Looks like the April drought is, if not completely over with, at least getting a vacation.

Rained yesterday and again last night.

About to start dumping some more on us today.

Supposed to be nice and dry and comfortable this weekend.

The rain is from a cold front that's moving in.

One last little bit of nice weather before the summer hell sets in I guess.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:44pm
Our typical last frost day is  May 9th, I have to dig into the boat problem this week.

After paying a buncvh of money  for health care, I'm not sure how we will pay for it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:46pm
Boats are expensive hobbies.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:44pm
We are finally going to see the sun today with a high near 60.
It's cold and frosty now at 36. Our average last frost of the season is May 9th.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:16pm
Having lived down here for so many years, I cannot even fathom 36° temps in May.

Or even a high of 60°.

I've got nothing on but a pair of shorts with the doors open and the fan blowing on me.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:25pm
The predicted high today is 82 degrees. It's been stormy and there is more coming.

I may get to start up the old AC.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:28pm
I just saw some video footage on GMA of hail falling on a driveway somewhere near you. Madison, maybe?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:37pm
Could be, I heard thunder and saw plenty of lightning earlier. Heavy rain too.

The wife likes the local Fox station, not getting anything from ABC.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:44pm
82° sounds nice.

We're getting into the 90's around here now.

So far the humidity has been low, though.

When the rainy season kicks in, it will be hell.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:49am
It's 77 inside the house right now, right on the edge of my comfort zone.
More showers and very humid air. It's 69 outside and I'm trying to force some of that cooler air through the house.
There was some severe weather in Barron county, one dead after a possible tornado hit a trailer park.
God doesn't love mobile homes.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:02pm
I'm fighting the urge to pay for some cool, dry air. Up to 78.4 in the kitchen.
It's not too bad, I guess. There is a cool front coming through from the northwest that will dramatically effect our temperatures.

windows 7 screen shot
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:25pm
Lucky you all.

The mid 90's are coming fast.

And so is the high humidity.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Lucky you all.

The mid 90's are coming fast.

And so is the high humidity.

Ouch SECONDED!Ouch
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:06am
Hot, hot, hot.  Low 90s yesterday, mid-90s today.  It's 4am and already 71.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:01pm
It's pretty nice here this morning. Cool but sunny, 50 degrees.

Seems like the whole month has been cooler and wetter than usual.

They are having the city wide rummage sale this weekend...it makes it a PITA to go anywhere. Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:30pm
Going to be getting hot here real soon.

Pretty nice right now, though.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:16pm
The city tests the Toronado warning siren every Saturday at noon during the active storm season.

They are telling us that our house may look like a late 60s land yacht just ran into it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:24pm
I would LOVE to hear 'Toronado Warnings'! I've always wanted one o'those FWD monsters!Smile
An old friend of mine (yea, another dead one) had one and sold me on them one evening when we went out on a 'blitzkrieg mission' ("How drunk can you possibly get?") in Nashville. The guy had a monster Toronado and he was *almost* a midget.
"PaW! These are GREAT cars - drive over a bump or a body and they go 'skushhhh' - no bump, no jerk"

He proved it and I was immediately sold on the suspension. They didn't get good gas mileage with those 425s.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:27pm

Not a bad day (for NJ, that is).  Partly cloudy.  70 or so degrees.

Went out and bought a buncha plants for an area in front of the house.  Mostly annuals.  That's what a lotta stuff here is.  Plants that are perennials in warm climates, die off here with the first frost.

Anyway, I got some grasses and flowers.  Geraniums, zinnias, lobelia, celosia, lupine, delphinium, ajuga.  I even got some petunias.  I always avoided those because snails just ate 'em up.  No snails here, so I got some.  Thing is, I got black petunias.  Never saw these before.  Pitch black flowers.  Pretty cool.

Black petunias:

Image result for black petunias

Celosia, red flower, red leaves.  I also got orange with green leaves:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:15am
^ Nice.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 175>
  Share Topic