Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'it's like my lil' skincare army.'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'it's like my lil' skincare army.'
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 9:02pm
is anyone else tired of these proactiv commercials? one of the only channels i regularly watch is the n, and these commercials come on EVERY FREAKING COMMERCIAL BREAK. i have it memorized by now.
and why is jessica simpson on it? she's not even popular anymore and whatever she says sounds like an apathetic robot except for "you're gonna love this stuff!"
the thing that bothers me the most, though, is the "before" pictures of the celeb they've gotten to hawk their product. they always only have like two zits!!! two barely noticeable zits, at that! this product is made for people with severe acne! i'm sure some biore and not sleeping in your freaking makeup would clear that right up, no need for the expensive junk (which i've heard doesn't even work, btw).
i'd love it if i never had to see any of these commercials ever ever ever ever again!!!!
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
LOL This is something I started a post about on the old board. I actually started writing them on a WORD document. I still have it, so here it is ressurected?

Ok, the newest edition to my sh*tlist is Proactiv zit cream, for a variety of reasons.

I guess first of all, it's on seventy five friggin times an hour, and they are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGER than a damned train!!!!! Not to mention that there are ten different ones. And each of them all show the gross looking, about-to-pop zits all over peoples' faces. Now look, if you have bad skin, I feel for you and I'm not making fun of you. I hope that if you buy this crap, it actually works. But I'll be honest about it, I don't want to look at zits when I am trying to eat, drink or..............any other friggin' thing I go to do OK!!?? It's gross, and I think they could get their point across just fine without showing the twenty varieties of Skinchovie Pizza!! It's dis-fukin-gusting!!!!!

There's this one in particular with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Now I love this pretty little lady as an actress, but this ad, starts out with her laughing her ass off, slapping her hands together and shouting, "AWSOME!!!", like she'd just won the friggin lottery. I mean the very first word of the ad is AWSOME!!!  I just need PROACTIV to go the Hell away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

Addendum: There's another one with that Oriental, sweet talking bride, her GOD DAMMNED sweet little petite voice makes me want to BLOW CHUNKS!!!:barf
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 1:01am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

is anyone else tired of these proactiv commercials? one of the only channels i regularly watch is the n, and these commercials come on EVERY FREAKING COMMERCIAL BREAK. i have it memorized by now.
and why is jessica simpson on it? she's not even popular anymore and whatever she says sounds like an apathetic robot except for "you're gonna love this stuff!"

the thing that bothers me the most, though, is the "before" pictures of the celeb they've gotten to hawk their product. they always only have like two zits!!! two barely noticeable zits, at that! this product is made for people with severe acne! i'm sure some biore and not sleeping in your freaking makeup would clear that right up, no need for the expensive junk (which i've heard doesn't even work, btw).

i'd love it if i never had to see any of these commercials ever ever ever ever again!!!!

Oh Gawd, I know what you mean. "It's fast, it's potent, it's my lil skin care army." I like that part where she has a bottle of that zit-cream in one hand and is yakkin' on the phone with

the other hand.

Who does this?Ermm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:51pm
I decided to bump this thread, as it's the first one started following the attempted "takeover" of CIH 4+ years ago.  Plus, the sight of that guy in the new Proactiv commercial, with all the bloodied zits covering his scrawny torso is pretty awful.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 4:00am
I think the original ad is still running too. I CAN NOT STAND the one with the duck faced girl with the ugly upper lip mole. Acne or not, you ain't no Cindy Crawford, you need to get that thing removed.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 5:20am
"My life was made into a living nightmare because of the two tiny, skin-colored zits I had on my jawline."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic