Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Italian chef troll for Aleve NOT Tylenol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italian chef troll for Aleve NOT Tylenol
    Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 10:00pm
Man that accent--the Jersey granny who just LOVES cooking for her famiglia 8 hoursso she has to call her rag sista to help..when i did customer service for Apple those Jersey haggs were a;ways my wake up calls so that nasal shriek is like instant tension
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 10:06pm
Can somebody say STEREOTYPE?

Can't get anymore "gabba goo" than that!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 10:14pm
I looked for it Tiki, no luck, and I'm pretty good at looking up commercials.
Watch one of my comrads make me look bad now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 12:52am

It's an Aleve commercial, not a Tylenol commercial.

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 5:20am
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7F09/aleve-sunday-dinners

Comrad, aka ron, yes; making you look bad, no.  Just wanted to see what the extreme Italian-American New Jersey stereotype was. I don't think it's overdone, seems pretty authentic to me.

[Disclosure:  My mother's Sicilian-born parents and she and my aunts and uncles came from New York, so it's normal for me.]
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It's an Aleve commercial, not a Tylenol commercial.

LOL
The right information goes a long way.
Thanks Thor, Peachblossom.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 5:34pm
aleve, tylenol, codeine, HEROIN...all the same

but yeah I GUESS it fooled me when she alluded to tylenol as i turned the horrid thing OFF
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 3:12am
^ OK, but you can go back and edit the title of the thread you started, so that it will show up in future searches as Aleve and not Tylenol.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 4:46pm
done and DONE..also no matter if you live on the East Coast and thats your norm..you can't tell me first thing in the morning that accent isn't nails on a chalkboard
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

done and DONE..also no matter if you live on the East Coast and thats your norm..you can't tell me first thing in the morning that accent isn't nails on a chalkboard
The idea is to take out the word Tylenol from the topic, but thanks for putting in Aleve.  I don't nor have I ever lived on the East Coast; I'm a native Southern Californian.  I know there are differences in the NJ and NY accent, but an East Coast accent to me is the least of nails on chalkboard sounds.  (Valley Girlesque vocal fry being one of the worst!)
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

The idea is to take out the word Tylenol from the topic, but thanks for putting in Aleve.  I don't nor have I ever lived on the East Coast; I'm a native Southern Californian.  I know there are differences in the NJ and NY accent, but an East Coast accent to me is the least of nails on chalkboard sounds.  (Valley Girlesque vocal fry being one of the worst!)

I lived in Southern California from January 1974 thru September 1976. I was in San Gabriel but visited everywhere at least once. I didn't experience Valley Girl speak. Now it is "Like" definitely "Like" my most "Like" hated "Like" accent.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

I lived in Southern California from January 1974 thru September 1976. I was in San Gabriel but visited everywhere at least once. I didn't experience Valley Girl speak. Now it is "Like" definitely "Like" my most "Like" hated "Like" accent.
Valley girl didn't start until the 1980s.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:52pm
The pure epitome of Valley Girl speak in music is Frank Zappa's aptly titled, "Valley Girl." Apparently, Frank woke his 14 year old daughter named Moon up at 1 am(kind of mean) and got her to just talk into the microphone and record her Valley Girl Speak(as she herself really did speak Valley Girl), while he sang, "She's A Valley Girl.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:17am
as a return to THIS particular 'native dialect' i think the uber proponent of this is Fran Drescher
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:52am
The only accent that irritates the living crap out of me is BAAAAH-ston. I actually enjoy listening to people speak and trying to figure out where they're from. I'm pretty good at it except for the deep South. Be damned if I can figure out what they're saying, much less where they're from.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:49pm
NEWS FLASH! theres a less antagonistic edit of this now that bypasses the hateful CYSTAH and tones down this beeotches general obnoxiousness--watch it and appreciate the power of postiive thinking
galloglass View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galloglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 12:23am
She still talks like a goombah.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 12:34am
but the railing against multiple pill intake and that SISTAH has been tempered bigtime
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 3:25am
But she actually says

FUHGEDDABOUDIT!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 5:00am

But she actually says

FUHGEDDABOUDIT!
The video as it is currently showing in the link provided above by peachblossom666 does not have "fuhgeddaboudit" in the transcript.  They must have taken that out too when they "toned it down."  The Mama cooking Sunday dinner is Fran Gennuso, who had a part in The Sopranos, HBO's hugely popular TV series.  Personally, I don't find this ad irritating.  I love Italians and for those of you who like calling us goombahs and other nasty names, here's some advice:  don't go around insulting Italians.  You may end up with a dead fish on your doorstep.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic