Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My Mallory just died.  I'd been hanging with him since I got home.  He was under the coffee table lapping at cream.  I left the room for about 15 minutes.  When I returned to the living room, he was just laying under that coffee table, eyes open, dead.  I wasn't quite expecting it to happen today, as he'd been maintaining at the same level for about a week now.

I'm glad he died peacefully, here and on his own terms.  Just earlier, I'd been laying next to him, rubbing his face and neck.  I gave him a few kisses, too.

Anyway, RIP to my Mal.  I loved him a lot.

I know I'm late chiming in here, but I've had this on my mind since I read it.
You may see shadows out of the corner of your eyes now and then...especially when you are just sitting around. They are probably Mal as he may be gone...but he's not and you need to know that.
I still see the beloved dachies now and then. They show up as a momentary mist, sort of a wisp or a black shadow you experience for a split second. He loves you and he stops by to let you know it and that he's alright, but he really still wants to claw your eyes out for naming him after a murderous female...

I know his bro Mickey's been looking for him.  Not relentlessly, but often I see him staring at Mal's spot (some blankets and a pillow that I set up for him in a corner next to the couch in his later weeks), as if to see if he's reappeared. 

I showed him his bro's dead, frozen body before I took it in for cremation.  He licked his face, but I don't think he understood that that was the last time he'd ever see his womb-mate. 

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
  Share Topic