Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
It's so quiet in here... I might have to just eat and relax!  My friends and fiends are few and far between!

I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 10:44pm
Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:42pm
I've got a sore hip and a wet ass! I fired up the gas blower for the first time this year, cleared off the back porch and patio. Chopped ALL of the leaves in the back yard.

I noticed yesterday when I put gas in my truck, I saw what I thought was some rust under the doors on the drivers side.  I stopped by the self serve car wash to clean those areas off. (wet ass) I washed the whole truck but I do have some pretty serious rust working.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, I bought the thing in 2006 and this is Wisconsin. With only 73K on the clock, it is still a good truck...Even though the CU owns it now.  Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:47pm
Get yourself a bottle of Ospho. I think Ace Hardware sells it. Sand or wire brush the rust off as much as possible, then paint the rusted area liberally with Ospho. Let it sit overnight/24 hrs. It will turn the rusted metal black after it's done its job. Wipe it off with mineral spirits, then prime it, preferably with Zinc-It or another zinc-rich primer. Cover that with a regular primer then spray a top coat on.

Nothing Kills rust other than cutting out the rusted area and welding in New metal, but doing the above can slow down and set the rust back a good ways and extend the life of your truck.

Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:24pm
I was going to brag on my wife...She went two full days without smoking. Sometime after I fell asleep yesterday, she caved!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
  Share Topic