Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IHOP French toasted donuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IHOP French toasted donuts
    Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 4:02am
Sorry Siegfried and Roy...this sh*t just looks gross.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 4:34am
Waaayyyy overpriced too, I'll bet.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 6:26am
Those look like overkill
I like Tim Hortons' flat Maple pastries...heated with melted butter, no bacon, and a large 'triple triple'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:09am
Beacon!? Are ya kidding me? Bacon on top of a donut? What are we? Three?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Beacon!? Are ya kidding me? Bacon on top of a donut? What are we? Three?

No, that would be ketchup.  Tongue

Anyway, you know what I see when I see bacon and maple pastries?
A visit to the fat farm.  That cow from the Tena-Twist commercials.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 1:21pm
maple bacon ketchup sounds like a 'failed miserably'-product from Heinz that one would find on the discount/discontinued shelf at Food Lion.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:47am
I call IHOP a different name.  It is:  IHOPe I don't get diabetes. 

The truth is a I can't stand that cloying simple-carbohydrate garbage.  Last time I ate there, I felt like I had to wash my mouth out with a pressure washer to get rid of that gross aftertaste.  I felt like I spent the night sucking on a syrup bottle.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:52am
Originally posted by mrjim mrjim wrote:

I call IHOP a different name.  It is:  IHOPe I don't get diabetes.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:45pm
I find it amusing everyone is bashing the food - and by all
means, yes - but not a single word about the two Gumby faced morons swilling that garbage. Eyebrow dancing? Good Lord.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

means, yes - but not a single word about the two Gumby faced morons swilling that garbage. Eyebrow dancing? Good Lord.

Good point!!!!

I'd like to "eyebrow dance" on their eyebrows with a pair of football cleats!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Good point!!!!

I'd like to "eyebrow dance" on their eyebrows with a pair of football cleats!!!

Why Maddy, WHY?!
I tend to 'profile' things and people....(and yes, the BAU keeps making me offers I can resist): The customers you see in the commercial are precisely the types of LittleLardLovers you should expect to see there.
LOLWink...and be NICE to an ol'mule - he's getting 'long in the tooth', doncha know - don't 'take him out for a drag' (same thing you do with a wolf that has no legs) he LIKES you, but he gets cranky with others and might hurt someone....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:41pm
To me it's obvious IHOP is just pandering to the gay community.  (Not that there's anything wrong with it.)

Next up:  The requisite family outing, featuring a multi-racial family.  Or maybe a black mom with all white kids, a blonde, brunette and a redhead?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

To me it's obvious IHOP is just pandering to the gay community.  (Not that there's anything wrong with it.)

I didn't pick up on the gay thing, so I had to go back and rewatch.

Still not sure. Maybe I need to take my gaydar into the shop for servicing (no, not that kind of "servicing").

I will say that a couple of the looks they give each other while their eyebrows are doing the horizontal bop, seem to imply a sort of "intimate familiarity" with one another... hard to say.

Next up:  The requisite family outing, featuring a multi-racial family.  Or maybe a black mom with all white kids, a blonde, brunette and a redhead?

It's about time for a black mom with white kids, as the standard pander is the opposite, white mom with black kids.

Maybe a black mom and Mexican dad with white and Asian kids?

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:07pm
I make my own Grand Slam whoops! wrong chain restaurant

In all serious the only things I've ate at International House of Pancakes is eggs, sausages, hash browns, and pancakes and orange juice, that's it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:17pm
I can barely remember the last time I ate at IHOP much less what I had, but I'm pretty sure there were pancakes involved.

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:46am

That's not eyebrow-dancing.
That's Morse Code for "save one of these for Hide & Seek later tonight".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

That's not eyebrow-dancing.
That's Morse Code for "save one of these for Hide & Seek later tonight".

Actually, I think for that they go to Dunkin and load up on Bavarian Creams.

C'mon, man!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:01pm
MERIKA...loading its Merkins up with fatty tissue in FUN and NOVEL WAYS
So do they egg batter a DONUT..fry it in BUTTER..and put sugary nuts and whipped cream atop this monstrosity? CRIKEYDead
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:37pm
WTF!??! I dont know, these look extremely unappetizing! Yes it is TOO much, jesus just give me a traditional breakfast, pancakes, Eggs, bacon all separate...maybe a toasted Bagel on the side and that works perfectly! It's like iHope has some mad scientist working on breakfast concoctions.

With that said, being form Philly...I wonder if Krispy Kreme would be interested in my Scrapple filled with gooey maple syrup flavored cream inside a warm donut? 

(Maybe not...bad idea. Now excuse me while I go throw up Dead)

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:46pm

I'm totally missing the gay angle.. I thought these two were twin brothers!

It's one thing to find a partner, but to both be able to do that creepy eyebrow thing? How the hell do you even approach that?

SWM seeking SWM,non-smoker, loves IHOP and can make my eyebrow, along with some other things, waggle.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
I figured they were gay because who else is going to do that eyebrow waggling to each other?  Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
That "donut" looks horrible.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:57pm

I figured they were gay because who else is going to do that eyebrow waggling to each other?  Confused

That's actually a known "gay thing".

One of the ways they identify each other in public.

Kind of like dogs sniffing each other's butts.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That's actually a known "gay thing".

One of the ways they identify each other in public.

Kind of like dogs sniffing each other's butts.

They'll be doing that after their breakfast at IHOP.

There's probably also a joke in there about donuts and eating donut holes, but I'm exhausted from work and can't come up with it at the moment.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They'll be doing that after their breakfast at IHOP.

There's probably also a joke in there about donuts and eating donut holes, but I'm exhausted from work and can't come up with it at the moment.

I did one earlier about "Bavarian cream".

Donut holes would take a lot of work to get to.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic