Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I hate all Snapple commercials!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate all Snapple commercials!!!
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:17pm
I hate the way they throw the word "stuff" around, I hate the stupid humor, I hate it all!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 11:48pm
"Stuff" being water.  They oughta just say it.  "Made from the best water on earth".  Snapple's usually about 95% water.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:32am
I would think most beverages are about 95% water at LEAST.

I mean, when ya think about it, what else would a LIQUID beverage be mostly comprised of?

I'm guessing Snapple is closer to about 99.5% water.

Which I'm also guessing is a good thing.

I'd hate to find out it was something like acetone or mineral spirits or kerosene.

That would totally ruin the taste.

Probably iritate your throat a bit, too.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:48am
You'd have to look at the label on the back.  Mott's apple juice, for instance, says "Contains 100% juice".  Snapple's label says "Contains 5% (or whatever) juice".

I think that's why Snapple calls its beverage a "juice drink", while Mott's calls its beverage "juice".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:56am
All true, but I think that if you were to take the stuff to a lab & somehow separate all the ingredients, even "100% juice" squeezed straight from the fruit, would be mostly water.

There really isn't any other liquid in nature that I know of that it could be.

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 2:54am
The rain or garden hose or whathaveyou  is what is responsible for the juice in all fruits and vegetables.  So yes...a glas of "juice" is technically a glass of water.  We as humans are mostly water, too.  But when people squeeze me, nothing comes out!  Big smile

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

The rain or garden hose or whathaveyou  is what is responsible for the juice in all fruits and vegetables.  So yes...a glas of "juice" is technically a glass of water.  We as humans are mostly water, too.  But when people squeeze me, nothing comes out!  Big smile

They just haven't squeezed hard enough!!!

Try drinking a whole bunch of water (or beer) about an hour prior to the next time you get squeezed real hard.

Something is bound to come out.... somewhere. Big smile

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Try drinking a whole bunch of water (or beer) about an hour prior to the next time you get squeezed real hard.

That's what I'm afraid of!  LOL  Maybe eat some Olestra infused potato chips or take some of those Winona Diet Pills and get the greasy schitz.  Very romantic!  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

i think of the movie dune. but yeah, everything we eat and drink is mostly water. if you're consuming something that is both wet and mostly not water then you will probably die from consuming that thing. snapple is probably considered to be made of the "best stuff" because it tastes sweet and has leaves in its production. drinking a lot of snapple with that perception in the attempts of trying to live a healthier life would make you a walking contradiction. sugar is essential first, a drug second, and poison third, in order of increasing intake. you might as well just drink water in that regard. then again, i have no idea what they mean by "best" and "stuff".
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 6:38pm
I prefer the older commercials, maybe they should say "Made from the best sh*t on earth"!

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic