Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I AM OBSESSED WITH SOAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I AM OBSESSED WITH SOAP
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:27am
Hello Friends...my name is SpicyMeatball .....and I am....A SOAP-A-Holic.    Embarrassed

I suppose there are worse things I could be addicted to.  Wink  I cannot resist buying bar soaps.  I do not get into shower gels that much.  So in terms of bars of soap, if there's a new one out I have to try it. Tongue   I even latch back onto the old ones.   My current fave is "Caress".   The original formula.  If you want to smell fresh and soapy for hours,  THIS is the one I recommend.  Second runnner-up in this "soapy fresh" category is Dove UNSCENTED.  Who knew!!?  Unscented smells really scented!   Tongue For deodorant soaps I've always loved LifeBuoy (available from the "Vermont Country Store") , and good old SafeGuard and Dial.    I wash my face with IVORY only! 

So what's your favorite BAR SOAP?!

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:58am
I use Satsuma scented soap from The Body Shop, simply because it smells delicious.  A hotel I stayed at not too long ago turned me on to Coconut Lime Verbena scented soap (it was in the shape of a circle, so not technically a bar) and matching shampoo and conditioner from Bath and Body Works, though I'm too devout to Satsuma bar soap to fully switch over Tongue  Satsuma is apparently an odd type of Japanese orange.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:04am
Ooooooooooooh SOAP!!!!! How I Love soap! Let's see........ Caress IS wonderful I also like Caswell and Masey's lilac soap, safe guard [beige], Sweetheart soap [from the Vermont country store]. I just love to serf the soap isle! There's a store in Newburyport, MA called Soak, it is soap Xanadu!!! excuse me, gotta take a shower!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:26am
Eight-packs of whatever is what I get.

But there used to be a gift place near me that sold all sorts of soaps.  Some were clear with various little items contained and visible within the soap.  Others were oddly scented.  I remember one was chocolate-scented.  It was on display like a big block of cheese, and the employee there would cut a wedge for you.  I think it sold by weight.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 5:52am
My mother tried to make me like soap...repeatedly.
For whatever it is worth: in my books, Ivory is the best-tasting...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 6:54am

What a funny, cute thread!!!!!  I use Energy Glow from Caress or Dove....I forget, but that is what I use after I wash with bar soap which happens to be right now, Irish Spring MicroClean???....I didn't buy it.  But I think that is what it is called.  Usually, I just buy Ivory. 

ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:32pm
I'm a Zest girl. 

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:56pm
'Cause, you're not really clean until you're Zestfully clean??LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 1:07pm
Dial it up for me.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:04pm
I use Lever 2000 - the original. One time I got the "Rainwater" or some such name and it was a really odd color blue. It made a mess of the soapdish.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Oh Pa...Ivory was so bitter!!  Then again, I have nothing to compare it to.  My mother used that stuff on my mouth because it was the cheapest soap in the house.  That's what I always assumed, anyway.

I once sprayed my mother's lemon-scented perfume in my mouth to see if it tasted like lemons.  Surprisingly, it did. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh Pa...Ivory was so bitter!!  Then again, I have nothing to compare it to.  My mother used that stuff on my mouth because it was the cheapest soap in the house.  That's what I always assumed, anyway.

I once sprayed my mother's lemon-scented perfume in my mouth to see if it tasted like lemons.  Surprisingly, it did. 

Thor - Ivory...bitter? Ahhhhh....think time may have fogged your memories; try again! Grab a bar, wiggle it around in the ol' mouth...take a big bite....mmmmmmmmmm!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Dial it up for me.

"Aren't you glad you used DIAL?  Don't you wish EVERYBODY did?"  Tongue    My Mom hates the smell of DIAL because she said she used to wash her dogs with it millions of years ago and she associates the perfume with wet dog fur.  ConfusedLOL
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 11:04pm
I have been using a K-mart brand.  It is white tea and cilantro.  It smells soooo good.  Very fresh and zesty.  Strange that I like it since I don't really like the "green" smells.  I am a foodie.  As far as bar soaps go, I like dove and carress (sp?)  I am a big bodywash fan cuz I like all of the different scents, I have a body spray or perfume for everyday of the year practically.  I like the milk and honey, smells yummy.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thor - Ivory...bitter? Ahhhhh....think time may have fogged your memories; try again! Grab a bar, wiggle it around in the ol' mouth...take a big bite....mmmmmmmmmm!

I probably should wash my own mouth out with soap for all the times I've used foul language since the last time I had to eat the Ivory.

Well, maybe I'll just go wash my fingertips with soap as punishment for typing foul words on my computer.  That should take care of the matter.  LOL

IHaveStandards View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Hello Friends...my name is SpicyMeatball .....and I am....A SOAP-A-Holic.    Embarrassed

... So what's your favorite BAR SOAP?!

Spicy,

While working with our budget person the other week (trying to get our division's books straight before end of year) I found out she makes her own bar soaps. She lives on a farmette, raises goats, and uses the goat's milk and natural oils and scents to make soaps. She's allergic to the scents and other chemicals in commercial soaps.

I'm a sucker for homemade, natural stuff, and my wife has skin problems too, so I ordered some and just picked it up the other day. I got one called Spring Rain that's just very delicately springy-scented, maybe mildly floral. But the texture just feels so nice and creamy I almost didn't give it to my wife. Also got a bar of what she calls Coffee Scrub, mostly unscented soap with coffee grounds in it, which is a more heavy-duty hand cleaner when you're really grubby.

The neat thing is, you can tell her almost any scent you'd like (within reason) and she can darn near match it with the oils she uses, but it doesn't affect the texture or quality of the soap.

She uses the same ingredients to make lip balms--got one called Orange Sherbet that smells good enough to eat, but again very delicately scented.

Oh yeah, your question...I use Target's store brand of moisturizing body wash now, mostly for convenience; before that I was a confirmed regular Zest user.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 3:00am
Originally posted by IHaveStandards IHaveStandards wrote:

Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

... So what's your favorite BAR SOAP?!

Spicy,

While working with our budget person the other week (trying to get our division's books straight before end of year) I found out she makes her own bar soaps.

That's very ambitious!  The closest I come to something like that is when I take all my leftover soap chips and grate them and cook them with water to make cheap hand soaps!  LOL   Another obsession with my bar soaps is that I hate when the bar gets too small or too thin.  Heaven forbid!!  Shocked Big%20smile
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

'Cause, you're not really clean until you're Zestfully clean??LOL

Yep!LOL  Really, it's one of the few soaps that doesn't irritate my skin.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 6:10am
I use Softsoap Cashmere body wash.  Smells yummy and feels good on my skin!  Until I discovered that "flavor," I used their lavender and chamomile. 

The smell of Ivory makes me want to barf. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic