Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I absolutely HATE those ETrade talking baby ads!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I absolutely HATE those ETrade talking baby ads!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHateBabyComms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I absolutely HATE those ETrade talking baby ads!
    Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 9:48am
I know there are lots of people that somehow think this is a "cute" commercial when all they are stupid commercials that are using this stupid overused talking baby prop.

The talking baby thing was old twenty years ago and they are just beyond stupid.

Every time I see these stupid commercials, I literally want to go and tackle and punch the creepy talking baby.

I mean a talking, reasoning, baby???  How utterly idiotic of an idea is this?

Seriously, I would kill it because it is definitely not natural and most likely the spawn of some powerful evil entity like Demogorgon.

STOP with the talking babies NOW!!!  They are creepy NOT cute!!
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:03am

Agreed this gag got stale 23 years ago after they made "Look Whos Talking." Unfortunately too many ad execs think Kids Say The Darndest Things humor is the pinnacle of comedy and keep on making these damn things.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 2:35pm
I thought the original ad was ok. But once they dumped the original baby, it was over.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 5:06pm
Can't stand the  Just for Men  down's syndrome bearded baby.  But I have to love the "sliceopotomus" e-trade baby ad. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 5:07pm
Shankopotomus?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 8:07pm
Capitol One has jumped on the kiddie bandwagon, too.Ermm

MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:51pm
Next thing you know Capitol One will have Alec Baldwin in a diaper....
IHateTalkingBaby2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHateTalkingBaby2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:40pm
I agree - there is no commercial currently on TV that is more annoying than the talking E-trade baby. When the commercial begins, I RUN for the remote and either hit the mute button or change the channel completely. A baby talking like a 40 year old? Ridiculous and insulting! I'm happy that my grandchildren don't look and sound like that. You will never have my business, E-trade!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm
I also hate when they have kids dressed up like adults (little boy in suit, girl in skirt) etc talking and acting like adults.  I think the Gummy Bear commercial does this.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I also hate when they have kids dressed up like adults (little boy in suit, girl in skirt) etc talking and acting like adults.  I think the Gummy Bear commercial does this.

Or little baby with a beard, in suit, driving car.  If there's one commercial I hate more than the E-trade crap, it's that Just For Men one.

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Can't stand the  Just for Men  down's syndrome bearded baby.  But I have to love the "sliceopotomus" e-trade baby ad. 

I can stand the EBaby ads because its more original and they do a decent job portraying him as "natural". However when I saw the JFM ads it looked like a really cheap and creepy ripoff. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic