Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did you find out about Covid/Coronavirus?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did you find out about Covid/Coronavirus?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
I first heard about Covid/Coronavirus in late January 2020 when someone on another Website wrote something like,"I can't believe IDIOTS are STILL going on Cruises with Coronavirus starting to circle the world! Enjoy testing Positive for Coronavirus, IDIOTS!" I was like,"What the hell is Coronavirus? Does he mean Norovirus (Stomach Bug)? Is there a really bad Norovirus Outbreak starting to circle the world?" I soon saw that Coronavirus was Trending on Google. I was like,"There's that Coronavirus word again. Google wouldn't spell Norovirus as Coronavirus. What exactly is this Coronavirus? I found out Coronavirus was WAY worse than Norovirus!

On another Website I mentioned not knowing what Covid/Coronavirus was until late January when the guy wrote about Coronavirus and people STILL going on Cruises. Someone replied something like,"I'm surprised you didn't know what Coronavirus was until late January 2020. Coronavirus was Trending on Google back in December 2019."
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:58pm
I read some article in mid-late Jan. 2020 about this "unknown & extremely contagious pneumonia" and this city of 11 million people in lockdown (Wuhan).  The term coronavirus was used. I have heard the term "coronavirus" in the past, not "Covid" though. Even though "SARS/COVID" has been used back in 2002.

Whatever the case, I told my aunt this story of "how the the hell can you keep this contained, close off a city of 11+ million people. You can't!" There was no question in my mind that this will get out (or got out) and will spread. Then seeing more news reports on different platforms, channels...the story was growing within 7-8 days.

BUT I will admit, I did not expect this, not even close. The shutdowns, stay-at home, etc etc., pretty damn surreal.

We had an issue with H1N1 about 10, 11 years ago.  Then MERS 7, 8 years ago, Zika about 5 years...it all came and went. This virus is a beast and f-ing smart, keeps mutating (even right now, another new super potent variant in S. Africa,  Israel, HK), getting stronger, and trying to learn how to beat the vaccines. I'm vaxxed and boosted and I kind of fear this new variant and potential surge.  

If you watch the 2011 movie Contagion now, it's kind of creepy - some of the similarities. quarantines, the vaccines in the end. Sanjay Gupta making an appearance, using the term "Social Distancing." THAT virus in the film..came from a bat, China..spread like wildfire..but it turned your insides, brain into mush.  

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 3:32am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I read some article in mid-late Jan. 2020 about this "unknown & extremely contagious pneumonia" and this city of 11 million people in lockdown (Wuhan).  The term coronavirus was used. I have heard the term "coronavirus" in the past, not "Covid" though. Even though "SARS/COVID" has been used back in 2002.

Whatever the case, I told my aunt this story of "how the the hell can you keep this contained, close off a city of 11+ million people. You can't!" There was no question in my mind that this will get out (or got out) and will spread. Then seeing more news reports on different platforms, channels...the story was growing within 7-8 days.

BUT I will admit, I did not expect this, not even close. The shutdowns, stay-at home, etc etc., pretty damn surreal.

We had an issue with H1N1 about 10, 11 years ago.  Then MERS 7, 8 years ago, Zika about 5 years...it all came and went. This virus is a beast and f-ing smart, keeps mutating (even right now, another new super potent variant in S. Africa,  Israel, HK), getting stronger, and trying to learn how to beat the vaccines. I'm vaxxed and boosted and I kind of fear this new variant and potential surge.  

If you watch the 2011 movie Contagion now, it's kind of creepy - some of the similarities. quarantines, the vaccines in the end. Sanjay Gupta making an appearance, using the term "Social Distancing." THAT virus in the film..came from a bat, China..spread like wildfire..but it turned your insides, brain into mush.  

My Boss said that China should have been locked as soon as a bunch of People in China were getting mysteriously sick, late December 2019/early January 2020. She said Covid should never have left China in the first place. The rub is, MANY People were actually Tourists on a quick vacation to celebrate the new year. If China was locked down, you'd have a lot of People being kept from their babies, Children, and other loved ones.

About Covid breaking out in China, a Husband said his Wife traveled to and from China to celebrate the New Year and was in a plane filled with Chinese Passengers in very late December/early January, and said something like,"Obviously, it wasn't the best idea, but Covid hadn't vreally spread yet then. He thanked God she never got Covid.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:10am
I first of heard of Coronavirus in January 2020. We were worried this was going to hit at U.S., just not as bad as we thought.

By March 2020, I knew how bad this was going to be when all sports events were cancelled, then the guidelines and lockdowns were implented, starting this long road that is still happening today.

As someone who's been vaxxed and boosted, I'm too worried a little about this new varient.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:33am
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I first of heard of Coronavirus in January 2020. We were worried this was going to hit at U.S., just not as bad as we thought.

By March 2020, I knew how bad this was going to be when all sports events were cancelled, then the guidelines and lockdowns were implented, starting this long road that is still happening today.

As someone who's been vaxxed and boosted, I'm too worried a little about this new varient.

I remember someone saying something like,"At first I wasn't too worried about Covid/Coronavirus because at first it was just a few cases in China, a Country that is in a different Continent. I was like,"This is not our problem. It's China's problem. We're good." Now that it's in the U.S, and our problem as well, I am TERRIFIED."

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:29am
It took me by surprise I must say

When I found out yesterday

But you know that....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:05pm
It's kind of heartbreaking watching the 2020 New Years Special that aired on December 31st, 2019 and how HAPPY those People celebrating look, having no idea the year they were celebrating and looking forward to, 2020 would go down as one of the worst years in History. YouTube Posters said stuff like,"These People who are cheering for 2020 have absolutely no idea what Horror they are in for in just a short while. Other Posters were like,"The happiness celebration just days before the world turned to crap!" "THE happiness before disaster!" Another Poster posted something like,"It's creepy that when this HAPPY video was aired, Coronavirus was already starting to circle in China! 😱

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic