Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HORRIBLE local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HORRIBLE local commercials
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 2:22am

This guy, for some reason, gets to advertise during EVERY Blues game. To make it worse, they suckered Hall Of Famer Bernie Federko to join the ad blitz. It's awful.

I actually just registered to post this piece of sh*t. Dead

Also while I'm at it, I can't stand:

Any Bud Light commercial (the physics of the elevator commercial piss me off to no end, and Pit Bull needs to die in a dumpster fire).

Any iPhone commercial

Any commercial with family smile-fests and group hugs.

More to come.

Sponsored Links

calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 3:11am
lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 5:35am

Here's the one I was trying to find when I made this thread.

I get to endure this sh*t EVERY Christmas season. It errors during my hockey games on EVERY commercial break. Just impossibly bad.

Here's another shining piece of St. Louis sh*t:

Please don't hold back on this one. I can't wait to see reactions.

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:51pm
Can't find it on YouTube but anyone who watches daytime TV on a regular basis in the Detroit area (or anywhere in Michigan and some areas of Ohio and Indiana) is probably familiar with "ROSS IS ME" and "HAPPY'S PIZZA".  Hardly an hour goes by on local daytime TV without seeing one of those highly annoying ads somewhere.

"ROSS IS ME" is a campaign for Ross Medical Education schools.  Aside from the fact that they're sort of shady-looking to begin with, what annoys me most about these commercials is the music... there's a guitar riff which sounds like it is ripped off from the Outfield's '80s hit "Your Love," just with some of the chords switched around.  Everytime I hear it I feel like, if I didn't want to shut it off, I'd want to start singing "Josie's on a vacation far away, come around and talk it over..."

Speaking of ripoffs of '80s hits, few commercials send me scrambling for the mute button faster than the "HAPPY'S PIZZA" commercial that rips off "Don't Worry, Be Happy." No quicker way to turn off a potential customer than to borrow from a song that seems to be almost universally hated nowadays.  Although this is a nationwide chain most of the franchises are in Michigan, with most of those in the Detroit area.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:59pm

Thankfully this didn't become a local commercial trend .. in fact they don't even air commercials anymore, or if they do I never see them. 

This furniture place does keep churning out ads, however, and always ends with that same annoying high pitched "the DUMP!"

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:24pm
I've seen the Happy's Pizza advertisements, and they drive me nuts too. The one in particular had a smiley face with red/yellow/green designs and it looked like it was smoking a joint. I don't get why you would put that in a commercial. Sure, maybe your employees sneak out back and smoke a joint by the dumpster, but we don't need to know about it. The music is incredibly annoying, too. It just seems so trashy, the commercial itself coupled with the bastardized version of a classic reggae hit.

I live in NE Ohio, so I've seen some crazy ones. Particularly, on the Cleveland channels.

Anybody seen Norton Furniture ads? They're CREEPY as f**k! Just this bearded guy staring into a camera in this dilapidated wasteland of a dark department store, with all these random dolls and puppets and animal statues standing around him. "MY NAME IS MARK, AND YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!" In that hoarse, gravelly voice. It's ingrained in my damn head. Not to mention some of the other cheesy, campy commercials with 'actors' in them. It's TERRIBLE. Like, I don't want to go there. Why would anyone? MARK might take you into his basement and keep you against your will, and you can probably count on it.

Don't get me started on the Fred Martin Superstore commercials. They have an entire half-hour to advertise on Fox 8 at 11AM, Saturday mornings. During this half-hour, they bombard you with annoying sound effects, boisterous shouting and stupid characters. Why not just show the deals that they have, that they claim are so miraculous? We don't need actors or mascots, we don't need the random girl leaning against cars and acting like she's God's gift to men, and we SURE AS HELL don't need the random horn noises in the background. In all of their other commercials, the ones that aren't a half-hour long, they just SCREAM. "WE'RE THE FRED MARTIN CAR GUYS, AND WE KNOW CARS!" It's like...WHOAH, I GET IT. You don't have to yell. The last thing I need on a Saturday morning is to see these two obnoxious fat f**ks in red shirts prancing around with some random girl caught in the middle, with random appearances by mascots and people-in-costume.

I also cannot stand the 'Real Estate Showcase TV' thing that they have on afterward, either. It's basically a tour of either the ghetto of Cleveland or a bunch of neighborhoods that no average joe could afford to live in. Not to mention the annoying, most CHEAP local commercials possible. I remember one for some pizza joint that had a dancing leprechaun and a terrible fake Irish accent. This thing is inundated with these kind of terrible ass commercials.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:30pm
DeNooyer Chevy Commercial - Upstate NY

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:38am
No link for mine, but it's about a local flooring/counter tops company and they use their daughter to advertise it. "CARPET, TILE! EXOTIC AND NATURAL STONE!" She practically shrieks the whole time she's talking, makes my hair stand up... She's in the running for a replacement Billy Mays.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
amandaohagan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandaohagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 8:29pm
I had to join in the discussion with this one.  This commercial runs several times an hour on the local stations here in NJ - drives me insane! Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumU9l-2c-A - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumU9l-2c-A

-Amanda
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm

Nice scream.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
Shocked
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
Ross Medical Education schools.  Aside from the fact that they're sort of shady-looking to begin with

Ah yes, know a little about this school (in the Carribean) and it isn't well-respected. But even Ivy League schools will take anybody who can afford them (within reason), so why not on the opposite end of the spectrum?

I know at least one person who went there after being rejected every which way from all other schools, and he's now doing pretty well in his chosen medical profession. Not a stupid person, though, just didn't have the cut-throat GPA most such schools require.

Anyway I didn't know that they advertised.
amandaohagan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandaohagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:57pm
Thanks for posting the video for me properly MrsHill...still trying to figure that out, lol.  Annoying commercial though! 
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:35pm
This is just a small sample of the dreck that currently pollutes my local channels...

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:16pm
Here's another...

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 9:34pm
The annoying blonde bigmouth in the Tile Outlet ad in Chicago.AngryTongue
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:39am
Every local newscast, everyday...Makes you want to go on a big game hunt at the zoo:

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:17am

And this one isn't even my local dealership(Fuccillo Ford of Seneca Falls--couldn't find that one).
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

And this one isn't even my local dealership(Fuccillo Ford of Seneca Falls--couldn't find that one).

LOL!!!LOL  What would NY be without Billy?

Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
Puhleese, all amateurs next to this grand master of cheap ass local commercials:

"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:19pm
Wink...well, heck! Let me bring back this little gem...and yes, it aired down around TWolf's (youngest daughter) stomping grounds...(and, well...I've always gotten a laugh out of this one).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm
And now, may I present... the infamous "legend" that is... H. Jack Langer, plumber.

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

And now, may I present... the infamous "legend" that is... H. Jack Langer, plumber.

For some reason, I didn't think of this one.
But seriously, I want to know.
What is John's fixation with wearing women's clothing?
I understand for the purposes of comedy,
But it seems like every time I see him, he's prancing around in a dress.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 9:15pm
More local douchery...

Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:19pm
I've posted this before and it is totally a REAL late night ad in the Baton Rouge area.  It trumps everyting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic