Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hormel Chili (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I am actually not very picky and will eat or at least try most anything with the exception of organs and entrails.

Amen to that, my bruthuh!!!

No liver either!!!

Liver is my worst of organs. My parents loved liver and onions. Except for the nauseating smell I looked forward to their L&O dinners as I got a hamburger.Big smile  

I doubt there's enough ketchup, mustard (yellow or brown), barbeque sauce, hot sauce or horse radish in the world to cover up the oddly nasty taste of liver.

I know the onions sure as hell don't do it.

I'm not sure about the taste. I could never get past the smell. The same with cooked oysters. I tried a couple of raw in the half shells and they were OK. When I was a kid KFC was new. I would get a 2 piece meal. My mother would get a small bucket of chicken livers and gizzards! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!!!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

If one can fall in love with a ketchup then I'll be announcing my betrothal very shortly.   Man...this is such a great one.  Not all loaded up with cloves which I hate.   Fresh tasting...less salt and sugar !   ClapClapClaphttp://www.sirkensingtons.com/products#ketchup-anchor
TongueNow that was one fine site to share - Thank You!
I'll be trying some of their products, I'm certain.
Maybe worth putting in the Recommended/Not Recommended forum?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 1:10am
Heinz, industrial slop.
https://www.edrugsearch.com/heinz-ketchup-warning/

Sorry, copy and paste to see information.
There's a sucker born every minute.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Heinz, industrial slop.
https://www.edrugsearch.com/heinz-ketchup-warning/

Sorry, copy and paste to see information.
DeadPlease allow me to be the first to tell you that was terribly disgusting, but I've bought it out of Dollar Tree more than once (but no more). And I'll never add it to my dog meat Hormel Hot Chili again.WinkBig smile
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:36am
I use Annie's Organic Ketchup.  It tastes good and does not have high sucrose corn syrup.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:47am
I use Walmart Great Value ketchup.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:15am
I like liver.  Hated it as a kid, though.  My mother used to make me a hamburger patty instead.  However, in order to get the patty, I had to eat one bite of the liver first.  Next time, it was two bites.  Then, three.  Suddenly, I found myself really liking it.  I guess that's the definition of an acquired taste.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 2:57pm
Confused^^^Who said anything about LIVER? Do you see LIVER anywhere in this thread? Heck, *I* even love liver, but I never mentioned it. Don't give us any of that "I was talkin' 'bout 'acquired tastes', fer chrissakes! "-silliness. Good gosh almighty! This thread is about HORMEL CHILI and constipation and sh*t fits and ketchup and Jackson Pollack. Quit being such a 'rebel'. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused^^^Who said anything about LIVER? Do you see LIVER anywhere in this thread? Heck, *I* even love liver, but I never mentioned it. Don't give us any of that "I was talkin' 'bout 'acquired tastes', fer chrissakes! "-silliness. Good gosh almighty! This thread is about HORMEL CHILI and constipation and sh*t fits and ketchup and Jackson Pollack. Quit being such a 'rebel'.

Have read the entire thread?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm
^^^Well, yeaaaaaaaa...kinda sorta - I mean, granted, Sarge DID say 'chicken livers', but those aren't LIVERS in the sense of livers as Thor mentioned - they're little livers - small enough to where the mention of them shouldn't count...but if somebody has to take a hit on this one, I suppose I'll sacrifice myself for the 'better good' of properly cooked calf liver with onions and gravy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:44pm

^^^Well, yeaaaaaaaa...kinda sorta - I mean, granted, Sarge DID say 'chicken livers', but those aren't LIVERS in the sense of livers as Thor mentioned - they're little livers - small enough to where the mention of them shouldn't count...but if somebody has to take a hit on this one, I suppose I'll sacrifice myself for the 'better good' of properly cooked calf liver with onions and gravy.

Nope.

Nothing about chicken livers.

There's an ongoing conversation about just plain old gross, disgusting liver.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:13am
Let's talk about relish.  Do we like relish on our hot dogs when we are not dousing them with Hormel Chili?  I like sweet relish and I get the kind made with real sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.  I would buy organic but it can get quite expensive and by the time those little cukes and other yummy things that have been pickled make it to your hot dog or hamburger, it doesn't really matter anymore, does it?

Discuss.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:48am
Sorry, but I'm a DILL RELISH fan, though I do enjoy Vidalia onion relish. If you've never tried Vidalia onion relish (made with onions from Vidalia, Ga) I suggest you give it a try.

There's also (or used to be) a thing called "Hot Dog Relish" which was nothing more than regular relish with yellow mustard already mixed in.

Pretty good, but a waste of money cuz you can make your own so easily.

But dill relish is my numero uno hot dog condiment of choice.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:07am
I'll eat braunschwieger (it's best on crackers), but not liver per se.  Not even with relish on it...  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:18am
Braunschwieger (liverwurst) is great.

I like it best on toasted rye bread, though.

Maybe a slice of Swiss and some mustard.

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 4:43pm

I've always been under the impression that most people grow out of the impulse to put ketchup on everything around the time they reach adulthood.

You're right. That's why I don't put ketchup on everything. Hotdogs and fries are literally the ONLY foods I will allow ketchup to touch. And of those 2, I almost never eat plain hot dogs to begin with. And even THEN I will only eat ketchup on them if ketchup and mustard are the only condiments available. Normally for condiments I have about a dozen varieties of sauce-jalapeno, habanero, mango habanero, scotch bonnet, sriracha, Tapatio, some Japanese sauce I forget the name off, some kinda garlic pepper sauce, some Caribbean sauce I also don't recall the name of, Tiger sauce, assorted BBQ sauces, etc and I'm more likely to use one of them than anything else. I will only use ketchup if I am at someone else's house, they fix hot dogs, and the options are ketchup or mustard.

Of course, there's also the fact that there's nothing "adult" about mustard, it's eaten on food by kids all over the place. My 9 year old nephew who doesn't want to do anything but play that Fortnite PC game 24/7 and will get mad if you make him get off the PC or will whine if his brother gets to use it? He likes mustard on his hot dog. Very adult, he is.

Honey mustard OTOH is good, but I don't like it with hot dogs.

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 4:45pm

Ketchup certainly has it's place.

Burgers and fries, mainly. Or meatloaf.

Personally, I can't think of anything else it really goes well with.

You'd ruin a burger with ketchup?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:11pm
Confused...all this chatter about food and liver and relish and crappy ketchup caught up with me while I was shopping at the Grocer's, yesterday.
I bought a bottle of Zeisner Curry Ketchup.
No idea if it is good or bad or even meant for human consumption, but the darned stuff cost almost $5, so it BETTER be good...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I've always been under the impression that most people grow out of the impulse to put ketchup on everything around the time they reach adulthood.

You're right. That's why I don't put ketchup on everything. Hotdogs and fries are literally the ONLY foods I will allow ketchup to touch. And of those 2, I almost never eat plain hot dogs to begin with. And even THEN I will only eat ketchup on them if ketchup and mustard are the only condiments available. Normally for condiments I have about a dozen varieties of sauce-jalapeno, habanero, mango habanero, scotch bonnet, sriracha, Tapatio, some Japanese sauce I forget the name off, some kinda garlic pepper sauce, some Caribbean sauce I also don't recall the name of, Tiger sauce, assorted BBQ sauces, etc and I'm more likely to use one of them than anything else. I will only use ketchup if I am at someone else's house, they fix hot dogs, and the options are ketchup or mustard.

Wow!!! This whole ketchup thing really is a very serious topic with you, isn't it?

I had no idea.

Re: your list, You really do know how to mess up a perfectly good hot dog, doncha?

YUCK!!!!!

Of course, there's also the fact that there's nothing "adult" about mustard, it's eaten on food by kids all over the place. My 9 year old nephew who doesn't want to do anything but play that Fortnite PC game 24/7 and will get mad if you make him get off the PC or will whine if his brother gets to use it? He likes mustard on his hot dog. Very adult, he is.

Honey mustard OTOH is good, but I don't like it with hot dogs.

Anecdotal nephew evidence proves nothing.

Besides, I wasn't talking about overall maturity, just maturity in terms of tastes in food.

Immature as he might be, your nephew apparently has mature taste in hot dog toppings.

Ketchup certainly has it's place.

Burgers and fries, mainly. Or meatloaf.

Personally, I can't think of anything else it really goes well with.

You'd ruin a burger with ketchup?

Ruin? You mean enhance.

Aside from Sonic and Krystal, just about every national burger chain includes ketchup as one of the standard toppings on their burgers.

Obviously they know what people like and don't like.

On a burger I tend to prefer both ketchup and mustard.

And dill pickles.

Maybe tomato. Maybe not.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:04pm
Let us talk about the lettuce used in the fast-food restaurant hamburgers.  The ads show fresh, green, very green, tender leaves of Romaine or some other nice lettuce, but in reality you get a burger with a hard slab of slimy iceberg lettuce that is white as snow.  Sometimes they leave the nasty rusty part on!  The damn thing is sliding all over with mayonnaise or some other fast-food restaurant-invented "special sauce" or even worse, mustard, which belongs ON THE MEAT or bun, not the vegetables, i.e., lettuce and tomato, or pickles.

I hate this so much I usually order everything with NO LETTUCE unless it is for sure Romaine or some other nice lettuce that is not iceberg crap.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Let us talk about the lettuce used in the fast-food restaurant hamburgers.  The ads show fresh, green, very green, tender leaves of Romaine or some other nice lettuce, but in reality you get a burger with a hard slab of slimy iceberg lettuce that is white as snow.  Sometimes they leave the nasty rusty part on!  The damn thing is sliding all over with mayonnaise or some other fast-food restaurant-invented "special sauce" or even worse, mustard, which belongs ON THE MEAT or bun, not the vegetables, i.e., lettuce and tomato, or pickles.

I hate this so much I usually order everything with NO LETTUCE unless it is for sure Romaine or some other nice lettuce that is not iceberg crap.

I like my lettuce shredded.

That's what BK does.

I don't like that whole leaf thing either.

I'll either just tear it up into smaller pieces or toss it altogether.

I cut my pickle and tomato slices into small pieces too.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:58am
Quote DKS wrote:

The obvious solution for you is to bring along your own sauces so that you won't be at the mercy of someone else's limited palate...  LOL
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:22am

TongueNow that was one fine site to share - Thank You!
I'll be trying some of their products, I'm certain.
Maybe worth putting in the Recommended/Not Recommended forum?

Yes I might do that !   Shoprite spit me out a coupon to try TWO other products from Sir Kensington at $2.50 off ---so I picked up some of the  Mayo (of course ! ) and the Dijon mustard.  It's going to take a while for me to open those as I have plenty already opened in the fridge.   If you and Jimbo try the ketchup I expect a full Summer Book Report !   Tongue
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:52am
Every time I go up to Yankee Stadium I always get a couple of hot dogs with spicy brown mustard. There is nothing better than watching my favourite team while munching on that treat.
I've done the chili and cheese combination at home, and it's awesome! Not sure what the canned chili tastes like, but if I was in a pinch, trying to save time, I'd give it a go!
One man gathers what another man spills
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:20am

Wow!!! This whole ketchup thing really is a very serious topic with you, isn't it?

I had no idea.

I like condiments.

Re: your list, You really do know how to mess up a perfectly good hot dog, doncha?

No, if I wanted to mess up a hot dog, I'd put mustard on it.

Besides, I wasn't talking about overall maturity, just maturity in terms of tastes in food.

If you asked him what he wants for dinner, he would TOTALLY pick candy bars, doritos, and pringles if he thought he could get them. Yes, clearly a gourmet, mature palate.

Ruin? You mean enhance.

Aside from Sonic and Krystal, just about every national burger chain includes ketchup as one of the standard toppings on their burgers.

Yes, alongside mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, and lots of other stuff. Also, pretty much any place that serves hotdogs? They offer mustard AND ketchup as standard choices.

On a burger I tend to prefer both ketchup and mustard.

And dill pickles.

Maybe tomato. Maybe not.

Pickles, nope. Tomatoes I'm fine with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic