Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honey Nut Cheerios hits rock bottom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey Nut Cheerios hits rock bottom
    Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:54pm

I love Grumpy Cat, but once you start referencing memes in your commercials, it's time to fire the entire marketing department.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 9:49pm
Gag! I wish the cat would scratch that little bee!

OTOH its good to see Buzz with his honey wand back! Hopefully it means the "Must Be The Honey" ads are dead and gone!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 10:16pm
Only thing I can say is: THANK GOD! No more freakin' rapper bee to deal with, for now.
Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. Oh, and that goes with a majority of the other insurance ads, too.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 4:41am
That bee has SUCH a punchable face when he says "You're that g-wump-y cat!!!"

And is it just me or didn't the max lifespan of a meme use to be somewhere around 1.5 or 2 years? Gosh damn - with the declining attention span of modern America, I think we're going to hear about Grumpy Cat until he/she dies!
LordPeterLowenbrau View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordPeterLowenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

And is it just me or didn't the max lifespan of a meme use to be somewhere around 1.5 or 2 years? Gosh damn - with the declining attention span of modern America, I think we're going to hear about Grumpy Cat until he/she dies!

Grumpy Cat's final commercial: PF Chang's frozen skillet meals.
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by LordPeterLowenbrau LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

Real talk here: I don't know about a definitive lifespan, but there is a definitive death: when the meme appears in a commercial. That is why it is now every citizen's legal obligation to punch someone in the face if they mention Nyan Cat.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

Real talk here: I don't know about a definitive lifespan, but there is a definitive death: when the meme appears in a commercial. That is why it is now every citizen's legal obligation to punch someone in the face if they mention Nyan Cat.

Gag. That's an annoying meme!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

Originally posted by LordPeterLowenbrau LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

I feel sad that Grumpy Cat is in this ad. Because I like Grumpy Cat. But I like you're little video to with Mal from firefly so if you don't agree I will END YOU! :)
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:11am
First, the fiat commercials, now this. As much as I find the grumpy cat amusing, all this pandering makes me sad. Unhappy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:35am
That cat reminds me of 'SuperKitty'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:39pm
Methinks that it's about time to write another TV Battle: Grumpy Cat vs. that stupid sodding CGI animated Cheerios Bee. DeadLOLDead

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 3:28pm
ROUND ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THREE: THAT GODDAMN SODDING PHONEY-BOLOGNA FAKE HONEY NUT CHEERIOS® BEE vs. GRUMPY CAT 

This battle shall take place in the kitchen of a pet-owning household. The kitchen is equipped with a double-bowl sink & garbage disposal, douchewasher, refrigerator, range, microwave, and numerous small TV infomercial appliances. Under the sink, there are several containers of Raid™ in aerosol bombs, 47 cans of Alpo® brand dog food, and two bags of Purina® Cat Chow™ for Grumpy Cat -- which is probably piddling in its owner's T-shirt drawer...AGAIN!!!...(the owner wonders why his V-neck T-shirts always smell like cat urine, but has yet to put 2 and 2 together). The kitchen has a moderate infestation of Stag Beetle grubs (larvae), piss ants, cockroaches, and rats; and the home in general has a light infestation of crickets, carpet beetles, click beetles, termites, grasshopper nymphs, and silverfish. The driveway has a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix sporting a dull baby sh!t brown paint finish parked in it. 

The contestants do not necessarily have to ***USE*** everything here, but they are at their disposal if needed -- or if desired. 

The Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee gets off to a rip-roaring start here because it's already out of its box while the Grumpy Cat is still upstairs sh!tting in its owner's sock drawer because the asshaberdasher never cleans out its litter box! 

When Grumpy Cat finishes it's "beeswax" and slowly makes its way downstairs and into the kitchen to fill up on some yummy Purina® Cat Chow™, that stupid sodding fake CGI Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee hovers directly overhead, fully intent on ripping its bunghole off...er...uh...I mean, "fully intent on depositing its sting & venom sac directly between Grumpy Cat's shoulder blades"...the Bee rapidly flies toward Grumpy Cat, turns its ass toward it at the last moment, and bounces harmlessly off the Grumpy Cat's back with no poisonous sting & venom sac deposited. 

And do you know WHY no toxic sting & venom sac was stuck in Grumpy Cat's back you little CGI piece of sh*t crapweasel?
It's because you're a drone (male), and drones possess no sting for Satan sakes 

Grumpy Cat goes on the rag...er...uh...I mean GOES ON THE ATTACK next...it sees that gosh darn-diddly-arn Bee buzzing around in the kitchen, swats at it several times, and nocks the stupid insect into its water dish...then it does what any cat would do if it saw a bug squirming around in its water -- it gobbles it up!!! 

That stupid sodding fake CGI Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee passes micturition (wee-wee) and defecation (poo-poo) as it dies in the Grumpy Cat's tummy, and becomes a fudge bunny within a couple of days!!! 
LOLSmileLOL

THE WINNER ROUND ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THREE: GRUMPY CAT

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic