Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy July 4th!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy July 4th!
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:05am
Today is such a special day for this wonderful country and it's history, so it should be spent enjoying family & friends at a BBQ!
What's everyone's favourite BBQ meal?
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:20am
I like BBQ beef, chicken and ribs.  Corn on the cob, baked beans, cole slaw, garden salads, potato salad, macaroni salad, watermelon.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:27am
Favorite BBQ Meal? Gadzooks! There are too many out there to determine this, I like them ALL!

Independence Day is my second favorite day of the year, Smile Only the "Tag Team" of Thanksgiving and Christmas rank higher. Big smile

I'll go to a Picnic my Sunday School group is having, then we'll head out to a fireworks display. Thumbs Up

PS. I've been to two displays already, both held on the same evening!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:01am
My favorite BBQ meal is grilled burgers and hot dogs.

Crispy baked french fries or tater tots on the side.

No potato chips!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:20am
I hate the 4th.  America's independence from Great Britain??  Sucks.  Taxation without representation?  I love it!

(sour grapes for having to work today LOL)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:46pm
Big smile
H4oJ!

Started the BBQ Feast of the Year by pan-frying tomatoes in canola oil and using them for toppings on whole wheat toast smothered in maple-bacon aioli (mayo).
Delicious.
Old peeps are pigs - they didn't leave me any, bur did advise me to make more toast, but top it with peanut butter after the maple-bacon mayo..."Consider the protein!", my 87-year old mother excitedly advises.Confused

Grill will get cranked up in a bit. 'Chicken Day' = healthy for old peeps day'...but I think I'll but bugs in their vegetables.
"Consider the protein!", I'll say. 
Should make the grilled squash a bit crunchier, while adding texture, color, and flavor.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I hate the 4th.  America's independence from Great Britain??  Sucks.  Taxation without representation?  I love it!

(sour grapes for having to work today LOL)

George III was pretty chuffed about losing  "The Colonies", but it was bound to happen eventually.
Sorry to hear that you're working today. I worked for the last 6 days, but happily I'm off today. We'll be having a rack of ribs that I have seasoned in a savoury marinade for the past two days. I'm also grilling extra lean hamburgers, I have some kielbasa links to grill. We'll also be having some steamed silver queen corn on the cob, my wife made her outstanding cole slaw, she also made a crock pot of traditional baked beans (which are very British).
We'll be enjoying watermelon, and home made apple pie!
I love this holiday! .....and I love this country!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smile
H4oJ!

Started the BBQ Feast of the Year by pan-frying tomatoes in canola oil and using them for toppings on whole wheat toast smothered in maple-bacon aioli (mayo).
Delicious.
Old peeps are pigs - they didn't leave me any, bur did advise me to make more toast, but top it with peanut butter after the maple-bacon mayo..."Consider the protein!", my 87-year old mother excitedly advises.Confused

Grill will get cranked up in a bit. 'Chicken Day' = healthy for old peeps day'...but I think I'll but bugs in their vegetables.
"Consider the protein!", I'll say. 
Should make the grilled squash a bit crunchier, while adding texture, color, and flavor.

That's disgusting, Pa! You're insane! LMFAO!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:55am
Here's my rankings for the fireworks displays I saw this weekend.

Gold Medal: Port Orange, Florida (This was an UPSET, the odds heavily favored the Daytona Internation Speedway's Coke-Zero 400 post race display, but lo and behold, when the smoke cleared Port Orange emerged victorious! Star

Silver Medal: Daytona International Speedway's Coke-Zero 400 post race display.

Bronze Medal: Edgewater, Florida.

Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic