Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy July 1st, or 4th!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 1:44pm
I had two best buddies I hung around with in my neighborhood all the time, plus as Thor said, plenty of others we'd see all the time. Park and playground area one street over from my street with baseball diamond and a basketball court. Had another best friend who lived across town who I'd gab on the phone with a lot and hung out with at school.

All this old times talk is making me nostalgic.....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:05am

We didn't realize it then, but we were pretty lucky, huh? Pretty remarkable era.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 1:16pm
As decades go, it's hard to beat the 70's.

Especially the early 70's.

Around '76 it started slowly turning to sh*t, even though for me personally, the late 70's from '78 on, were some of my own best times.

The early 80's weren't bad, but the magic was nearly gone by then.

Of course that might all just be my own perception based the chronology of my own life and experiences.

But even still, viewing it from an unbiased perspective, I think the 70's were the best times socially and culturally.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 1:26am
As a young girl, the parents of all the kids would congregate on the front step of someone's house, drinking coffee and smoking while we kids played dodgeball in the street. Now, kids kill old men with traffic cones or show up at a Minions movie wearing suits and acting like sh*ts!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 2:36am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Now, kids kill old men with traffic cones or show up at a Minions movie wearing suits and acting like sh*ts!

That first part I'm used to. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Kill, kill, kill. The Minions thing, though, is disturbing.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 2:39am

I have to say that I'm glad I got to experience the 50s, 60s and 70s, from the standpoint of the various ages I was during each era.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic