Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy December 26th!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy December 26th!
    Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 10:30am
Today officially marks the end of Christmas season! No more incessant Christmas songs, no more annoying Christmas commercials, no more harried shoppers looking for Christmas presents! Thank God it's December 26th!
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 11:00am
Oh, it's not over yet.

People will be returning their gifts and shopping with the gift cards they received. 

I saw a Dec. 26th "doorbuster" commercial for one of the department stores.  Their doors were open at 6am.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by CatWoman CatWoman wrote:

Oh, it's not over yet.

People will be returning their gifts and shopping with the gift cards they received. 

I saw a Dec. 26th "doorbuster" commercial for one of the department stores.  Their doors were open at 6am.

I just saw a news item on it.  This woman was being interviewed at 5am outside a mall in 34-degree temps, saying that going to the Hallmark store the day after Christmas to shop for marked-down Christmas ornaments, is "a family tradition".

Oy vey.  Such a tradition!  LOL

Aren't these people burnt-out on Christmas yet??  

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 2:31pm
Today is also known as Boxing Day in some parts of the planet.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I just saw a news item on it.  This woman was being interviewed at 5am outside a mall in 34-degree temps, saying that going to the Hallmark store the day after Christmas to shop for marked-down Christmas ornaments, is "a family tradition".

Most (If not all) Hallmark Stores heavily discount their ornaments on 12/26. I went to one this morning and got their "National Lampoon's Vacation" Ornament for 12 Bucks. Smile

In 1999 Santa "Forgot" to deliver me the final "Man in Space" ornament (A Lunar Rover), so off I went to buy it myself. from 7:00 Am to 10:45 AM I must had visited 15 stores, only to find they were sold out. Church Services began at 11:00, so I "Officially" called off my search. Unhappy Turning a corner about a mile from the church I realized the strip mall located there had a Hallmark Store, so What the Heck, I might as well try this one". I went in and Lo and Behold, THEY HAD ONE!!! I snatched Victory from the Jaws of Defeat! Big smile
Pray for those in the path of Hurricane Irma!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:48pm

^  The last thing I want to think about the day after Christmas is next Christmas.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 10:26pm
My grocery store went from playing Christmas tunes to elevator music almost over night.Disapprove  Wonder if any of those red ribboned Mercedes/Lexus Christmas presents were returned today.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 3:21am
I heard a Christmas song on the music station today! It was "Having A Wonderful Christmastime: by Paul McCartney!    Stop Dissembling Villains, just stop dissembling!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by CatWoman CatWoman wrote:

Oh, it's not over yet.

Oy vey.  Such a tradition!  LOL

Aren't these people burnt-out on Christmas yet??  

We were at Dollar General today to pick up cat litter.  We bought litter, sweetener, and a package of ornaments, half off.  Then, my daughter's employer, who is also her MIL, owns a pool company.  In the cold season, they sell holiday decorations.  My daughter purchased some petite red bows for the tree for me, half off.

The Christmas tree is going to be perfect next year!  We only have a 4 1/2 foot tree, so no, ornament shopping won't become a family tradition!

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:00am
Plenty of Christmas stuff still around on Boxing Day....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:00am

I forget where I heard this, but it was within the past few days:

The standard round Christmas ball ornament, was created to show a connection between heaven and earth.  I guess that refers only to the shiny ones.  Doesn't quite work with the satin balls.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Plenty of Christmas stuff still around on Boxing Day....

Psssst...we're not in England.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:03am
Canada does it too. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:03am
Boxing Day is a pretty big thing in Canada, but there remains SO much electric out as a result of the recent ice storms...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

Today officially marks the end of Christmas season!

Not really.

January 1st marks the official end of the Christmas season.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:29am
Boxing Day is not the day you get even with the Censored who gave you a lame gift (or no gift at all). LOL

Its the day you put all of your Holiday Meal Leftovers in a Box, which is given to the needy.
Pray for those in the path of Hurricane Irma!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:32am
Screw that. I'm eating it all after a leg day at the gym.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

...No more incessant Christmas songs...

Speak for yourself. I have probably close to 2,000 Christmas songs in MP3 format. Every genre except current pop, hip-hop, rap, and very little country.

I love Christmas music, and listen to it until sometime in February. 
Hundreds of threads killed.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:18am
I like Christmas songs and Winter Songs, sometimes I listen to both whenever it snows, even if it's long after Christmas.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:37pm
Remember, last year at this time we were all supposed to be dead because some phoney-bologna planet was supposed to either collide with Earth or knock our benighted little planet out of orbit and send it careening out of the solar system ala. the Moon on the 1970s TV series Space: 1999.

Remember this?:

Doomsday was "supposed to be" on Dec. 21, 2012; as the phoney-bologna fake "hidden" planet Nibiru collided with the Earth and subsequently caused a cataclysm like no other. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic