Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Giant roaches at the door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giant roaches at the door
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:00am
Forget which company- Orkin? Whatever, I have to admit these are kinda clever.

Basically, a giant roach rings the bell and tries to talk his way (in a suspiciously smooth but creepy voice) into the house. "Pizza delivery......" it'll say, or, "My car broke down......and I.... need to use your phone........I just wanna call my brother-in-law...."

Usually, as the homeowner starts to get a funny feeling LOL SOMEthing might be amiss, the roach continues trying to talk its way inside, looking over its shoulder as the Orkin van pulls up.

I'm sure this is a hated ad based on the giant scary bugs........but I dunno, it just works IMO. It's silly in a well-written kinda way, and scary w/o creeping people out the easy way (like the old ad with the bug crawling over the screen during a mock commercial..... {{{shudder!!}}}
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:13am
"Land Shark!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic