Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eTrade without talking babies!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eTrade without talking babies!
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 5:09am
I saw an eTrade ad on TV today that did not have talking babies! Shocked Amazingly, it was talking about ....wait for it.... selling stocks!ShockedConfusedErmm

No talking babies, no pixilated cartoons, no talking lizard mascots, no annoying musical tag lines, no one yelling, no total non sequitors, just an ad for a method of buying into the stock market using their software and company. Basically, an offer to do what their company name implies that they are in business to do.

I nearly fell out of my chair in shock.Smile
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Sponsored Links

Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:13pm
I liked the talking babies!LOL
Coffee- The new opiate of the people.
Titus77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:56pm
Haven't seen this but HATED the talking babies. By far the worst big-budget ad campaign in the last 10 years.
Where's The Beef?
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 1:50am
Wow.  An ad describing the company and the products/services it offers...nothing more.  Some ad exec's head must've exploded somewhere in Commercial Land with the realization that yes, it could be done! LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic