Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Touchless Pizza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touchless Pizza
    Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:29pm
I'm seeing all the pizza places...Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's....suddenly touting that no one touches your pizza from oven to box. WTF were they doing to my pizza before COVID??
That's all I have to say about that.
Sponsored Links

Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:41pm
You really don't want to know...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:45pm
They never touched it to begin with. They're just using the latest sales gimmick for "in these uncertain times".

It's kind of like how some product that clearly doesn't contain wheat, touts itself as being "gluten-free".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They never touched it to begin with. They're just using the latest sales gimmick for "in these uncertain times".

They probably did sometimes. 

Obviously they have to touch it before it goes into the oven, but afterward there usually isn't a need to unless it's to straighten out the pieces if it accidentally slid into the box the wrong way and some pieces were askew. Then the cutting and boxing guy/gal might poke the pieces back into a nice, neat circle.

But now because of the "new protocol", any post-oven touching for any reason whatsoever... ist verboten!!! and they want to make that very plain and clear to the paranoid public.

Even though you can't get the virus from eating food even if it has been touched by someone who has it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:47pm
This whole thing's getting ridiculous. And I hope this paranoia isn't going to be part of "the new normal", as some are calling it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:52pm
Well, with nearly a hundred thousand people dead in just a few months and the projected figure being a hundred thousand or more by June, I'd say erring on the side of caution is the wiser option.

I know I sure as hell don't want to croak from this sh*t.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:01pm

This whole thing's getting ridiculous. And I hope this paranoia isn't going to be part of "the new normal", as some are calling it.

Amen to that, brotha
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:11pm
I see people, alone in their cars, wearing their facemasks. That's not "erring on the side of caution"; that's "erring on the side of use your f*cking brain!!"

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:23pm
I could use a big slice of pizza pie right now!

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:26pm
GREAT NEWS: COCA-COLA IS FAT-FREE, EVERYONE!!! RELAX! HAVE ALL YOU WANT!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:50pm

I see people, alone in their cars, wearing their facemasks. That's not "erring on the side of caution"; that's "erring on the side of use your f*cking brain!!"

Sorry.

Couldn't resist. LOL Wink

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:16am

It's kind of like how some product that clearly doesn't contain wheat, touts itself as being "gluten-free".

A couple years or so back I picked up a bag of plain tortilla chips at the grocery store. They now had a large banner exclaiming GLUTEN FREE! I was nearly incapacitated by my laughing fit.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:06am
Take it from a healthcare professional (me). You can not catch this by ingesting anything. It is a respiratory infection. It has to establish itself in your sinuses to infect you.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Pazuzu413 Pazuzu413 wrote:

Take it from a healthcare professional (me). You can not catch this by ingesting anything. It is a respiratory infection. It has to establish itself in your sinuses to infect you.

Believe me, around here, I'm more concerned with catching Hep A than corona as far as my food is concerned. 
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:21pm
Just don't order extra "cheese"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic