Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Census

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 Census
    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:47pm
I've been trying to learn as much as I can!  I hear there are options like the 'Mail In' form, that's what I want!  I read that you can do it online...I don't really want to do the whole person to person interview.

I also hear there are questions that some people don't feel comfortable answering.  We are an old white couple.  Are you going to check for navel lint!
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 5:53am
It's usually mail-in.  They only send someone out if there's been no response.

Quote I also hear there are questions that some people don't feel comfortable answering.

I think I posted something here similar to this years ago:
You might be thinking of the "Community Survey" they do 'tween the Census years.  Now that was full of prying questions (list all your financial assets;  fill in the mileage/destinations you drove to in a month; list your utility bills for the past year.  There was a lot more I can't recall, but it was like 6 pages long.)  We received one and I refused to send it back.  They called constantly, sent people out twice (they whined that they would get in trouble if the survey wasn't filled out.)  I never gave them anything other than how many people lived here (two).  One day my mom answered one of their calls and answered like 3 questions (minor, non-confidential stuff) & they never bothered us again.
  The thing with all the details they wanted about everything is, most of the information could easily have been gotten from public utilities or local gov't.  It was the threatening tone that it was by law mandatory to completely fill it out that pissed me off (besides the sheer intrusiveness) (I checked the penalties.  There were more penalties for giving false info than for not responding at all.)  If I ever receive another "CS", it's going to happen all over again...  Big smile
/end rant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic