Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Publix smarmy Thanksgiving commercial.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Publix smarmy Thanksgiving commercial.
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:18pm
Anyone who lives in a region where Publix supermarkets are located and has done so for any length of time, has probably concluded that when it comes to the holidays, Publix commercials are 100% pure, unadulterated SAP!!!

Like thick, sweet, ooey-gooey maple as it's tapped straight from the tree for syrup, or sweet, sticky honey fresh from the hive, these things will, after just a small dose, leave you feeling a little sick to your stomach.

In the latest 2019 Thanksgiving ad, "mom" (a milf who looks more like a retired spokesmodel than a mom) gets all sad because her sensitive looking but regular guy son who's home from college (and who may or may not be gay, but still calls his buds "the guys") jumps up right after the meal, to go hang with his buddies. But then.....

....awwwwwww!!!! How sweet!!!!!! Embarrassed Cry Embarrassed Cry Sick Sick Sick

Excuse me, but why does this kid's "mom" look more like his friggin girlfriend than his mother????

Seriously. She looks more like a slightly older woman he'd be having an affair with than his "mom".

My question to Publix if you're out there listening is... Why does everyone in your stupid, lame, smarmy, heartstring tugging crap ads always have to appear so young and good looking???

Why do you always have to portray an idealized version of people?

Why can't you portray the mothers of 20 year old guys the way the vast majority of them really are.... a little on the chunky side and a bit frazzled looking from busting their tail in the kitchen since 8 am in order to get a huge meal ready by the afternoon?????

It really detracts from the message you're trying to send because it smacks of contrived phoniness.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm
I don't know...She looks like she could be 40ish pretty easy.  She would still look good on me! Evil Smile

Publix Super Markets TV Spot, Catching Up: A Publix Thanksgiving Story - Screenshot 7

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't know...She looks like she could be 40ish pretty easy.  She would still look good on me! Evil Smile

Oh yeah, I'm not saying she isn't old enough, assuming she bore him when she was around the same age he is.

But she just doesn't look like the kind of traditional "mom" most people can relate to.

Too frilly and girly looking.

Still, it's just another typically smarmy, sappy Publix holiday ad, nonetheless.

Nice screenshot, BTW. Thumbs Up Wink
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:55pm
^ I get what you mean, Jimbo!  They have to make everyone appear more attractive than everybody really is! My mind goes to the worst place...I'm a very sensual person! Tongue  The screenshot?  iSpot makes it easy.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:00pm
LOL LOL LOL 

I don't think I've seen that one before.

I thought it was a real commercial at first. 

After it became obvious it was a spoof, I was expecting something a bit dirtier than a ring. 

Maybe a vibrating dildo or something.

C'mon, man!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

In the latest 2019 Thanksgiving ad, "mom" (a milf who looks more like a retired spokesmodel than a mom) gets all sad because her sensitive looking but regular guy son who's home from college (and who may or may not be gay, but still calls his buds "the guys")

May or may not? How many straight guys wear Mary Kay pink shirts?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 3:25am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

In the latest 2019 Thanksgiving ad, "mom" (a milf who looks more like a retired spokesmodel than a mom) gets all sad because her sensitive looking but regular guy son who's home from college (and who may or may not be gay, but still calls his buds "the guys")

May or may not? How many straight guys wear Mary Kay pink shirts?

Good eye!!!! LOL

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic