Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Men's Warehouse 'Good On You' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men's Warehouse 'Good On You' (video)
    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
I have to admit, once upon a time, I 'dressed for success'. 
That was a LONG time ago when I was in the 'public eye' a lot more.
I knew what I liked, from materials to colors and could walk with the best-dressed, but was it expensive - and for what? So many others did the same, but it sure took the wind out of the sails when one encountered a 'stuffed suit'. Clothes DO NOT make the man.

I have not worn a suit in 15 years, at least - yet I still work full-time. For the last *5* years, I still get all the same respect when I show up at one of the offices, or at a customer's place, looking a touch 'rich-raggedy'. How is this accomplished? I pack my suitcase, arrive a day early, and will hit a few second-hand stores (AMVETS is my favorite) and pick up $25-$30 worth of slacks & shirts (usually 3 pairs of pants and 3 or 5 shirts), go wash them, and I'm good. Nobody ever has a clue (but if they ever ask, I'll be the first to tell them)...mind you, I will always buy NEW underwear, socks, and shoes..and usually belts.Ties? HELL NO!

Good on me and more money for Molson's Ice.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:18pm
Is this a loose rendition of this old classic?   I don't need nice clothes!  Comfort is what is important!

His clothes are old, but never are they dirty!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic