Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you say, Rakuten?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you say, Rakuten?
    Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:20pm
https://www.tvcommercialad.com/embed/QkUslSUDXC84Kyb

What will the adtards think of next?
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:53pm
Someone needs to tell them to STFU and knock off all that loud, obnoxious RACKET'n.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:58pm
Just what are they trying to sell here?  Confused
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:27am
this ad is so totally weird
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:23am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just what are they trying to sell here?  Confused

Rakuten?

I think it's pasta sauce.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
^ LOL  Edit: YOU CHANGED THE LETTERS!! 
That's the kind of visual that makes my stomach growl.

From the iSpot page...I see this could also be added to the Super Bowl thread.

Rakuten says it's the shopping site that gives you cash back. But, this Super Bowl LIII ad shows that some people can't seem to figure out how to pronounce the name. The company sets up a machine that rewards people with briefcases of money whenever they correctly say "RACK-uh-ten." It's time to celebrate!

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:30pm
It's a web site. Why would anyone have occasion to say it out loud anyway?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 7:06am
I thought I had seen that name before...

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:36pm

^ LOL  Edit: YOU CHANGED THE LETTERS!! 
That's the kind of visual that makes my stomach growl.

From the iSpot page...I see this could also be added to the Super Bowl thread.

Rakuten says it's the shopping site that gives you cash back. But, this Super Bowl LIII ad shows that some people can't seem to figure out how to pronounce the name. The company sets up a machine that rewards people with briefcases of money whenever they correctly say "RACK-uh-ten." It's time to celebrate!

I suspect it should be RACKET-en.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:27pm
I hate it when they shoot commercials for garage companies at street fairs and use 'Monopoly Money' as award bait.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 2:52pm
uhh the AD? MAN its tangent city here
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
I see news about the brick and mortar stores closing even more locations as time goes on.  I wouldn't be too pissed if I never saw another commercial from...

Kohl's
JC Penney
Macy's

What are the local cities and towns going to do with all of these open (No Property Tax) spaces?

I say they (add your local jurisdiction) open a place for community drinking, smoking and casual sexual relations. Hey!  21 or over!  Throw some legal gambling in there and I'm ready to invest!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm

I see news about the brick and mortar stores closing even more locations as time goes on.  I wouldn't be too pissed if I never saw another commercial from...

Kohl's
JC Penney
Macy's

What are the local cities and towns going to do with all of these open (No Property Tax) spaces?

I say they (add your local jurisdiction) open a place for community drinking, smoking and casual sexual relations. Hey!  21 or over!  Throw some legal gambling in there and I'm ready to invest!

C'mon, man!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:08pm
OUCH! I'm stayin out of that Kohls.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Poor Dick. I can only imagine the next word. 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:46am
Christ that made my OWWW! Turn that $#!7 down! AngryDeadAngry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
The third turd in this series of slop!  Angry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 11:20pm

How do you say, Rakuten?

Confused okokok, already! If you wanna hand me money, I'll say it any way you want.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:47am
I cannot STAND these ads, there are 3 or 4 of them. All of them use loud, in your face junk music!  Obnoxious noise!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic