Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018
    Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 1:01am
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 6:05am
Yeah, well, clip shows are cheap & easy for networks to produce, and nobody is really watching TV the last couple weeks of the year anyway, but at least you can look forward to Dick Clark being dragged from the grave again for your entertainment...   LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 2:36pm
Yeah, the news this AM featured a tribute to the famous people who died in 2018.  Off the top of my head, both Lemmy and Dean Martin died post-12/21 in their respective years.

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
SweaterRock View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 8:18am
I work in TV news. The holidays are really slow for news, so we have to fill the shows with what we can find sometimes.
The year-ender packages are perfect, and most networks offer them up just after mid-month.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:33am
Year-End is terrifying, if not sickening for me in many ways as my group works globally and we see all sorts from all sectors get lackadaisical at this time of year.
This earth is getting more and more dangerous and heading for very bad events almost daily - 2018 sees the bowling ball beginning to head down-hill.
We see the same thing every year...we get to break - but we watch everything happen around us closely. Crap happens and every year, very early in January, the team deploys all over this big ol'goofy earth and we make money hand over fist once again (this year I sent a small contingent of the staff out in November in anticipation - the writing is on the wall). Money is no good when those empowered few haven't learned a thing from places like Mogadishu continue to believe it can't happen here...only to see it is all coming closer and closer as the super powers of the world work our little idiot into the frenzied rage they need him in before making their moves while the US gets busy reinventing its government, which is in shambles.
...and the US public remains oblivious to all of it (and one main reason why we created 'The Den' for MY family, but we appear to be dying off...).
Right now, so many find it:
Time to celebrate.
Time for extended religious breaks.
So many reasons for societies to let their guards down - to show people have NO IDEA of what is happening right in front of their faces and how very weak they are, how little they can or will do about anything.
So many reasons for others to take actions into their own hands with grossly-negative results.
I speak of little examples such as the unannounced migrant dumps of the border invasion onto Greyhound bus stations by US ICE.
I speak of ongoing Russian electronic meddling.
Of Stock Market crashes and financial failures.
Of sudden new, extremely-advanced Russian nuclear capabilities.
Of more people with their palms open rather than hands working.
Of women getting their 'just desserts' by going for justice against almost any man.
Of 'men' who have no idea where their waistline resides and take pride in colored dreadlocks and pants almost to their knees. 
Of States feeding, along with allowing related businesses to feed more off of their residents negative situations - especially states such as Virginia, which profess to be the place for lovers when in fact 'Profit from Death' is 'job #1'.

Overall? My Thoughts? Screw 2018 and get ready for worse in 2019 if you don't get those rose-colored glasses off your face and get active within your space.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 1:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic