Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building Off Grid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Building Off Grid
    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:32am
I happened on a episode off this where they were rebuilding a lighthouse. And in doing so I saw that they were in violation off Federal (and probably state) standards. 

Now the building was erected someplace in the 1,800's on the East coast and I don't have to test the paint. I KNOW! it contains lead as an additive. 

I didn't listen to the whole episode so I don't know if they talked about this issue. But I saw no signage, or containment, or little personal protection. 

And what I did see had NO personal protection.

SHAMEFUL! 
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:40am
As long as you don't eat the paint chips you should be okay.  You aren't eating the paint chips, are you...?
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:53am
Most lead poisoning ISN'T from ingestion. It is from inhalation of the dust. If a worker does not equip their selves properly and work "SMART" he will breath the lead-dust and become poisoned.

And the building they were working on I bet has 100 times the federal limit of lead per square centimeter. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:44pm
Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......most of the worrisome paint is on the outside of the buildings and, ohhh, even if it is on the inside, given all that ocean breeze, how much dust do you suppose there is?
And always remember, wrap your rascal before you take it for a dip.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:53am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......most of the worrisome paint is on the outside of the buildings and, ohhh, even if it is on the inside, given all that ocean breeze, how much dust do you suppose there is?
And always remember, wrap your rascal before you take it for a dip.

LOT'S !!! A government building such as this, in Vancouver Washington, tested 138 and 142 times the SAFE level. ON THE INSIDE!

Safe abatement of this was a challenge. 

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:43am
Well, we don't the f**k care.  Since you live up there, if somebody offers you a rolled up dollar bill and a line of white powder on a mirror, don't inhale it.  It might be <gasp>  lead dust!
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:54am
I only wanted to show...………….. Another "REALITY" show gone wrong...………

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Well, we don't the f**k care.  Since you live up there, if somebody offers you a rolled up dollar bill and a line of white powder on a mirror, don't inhale it.  It might be <gasp>  lead dust!
LOLLOL

If you can piss off Mr. Tim... You are truly an idiot!  Is that you Donna? 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:01am
"WINDOWS AND DOORS DON'T LIKE TO ADMIT IT.....but they would be nothing without walls."

ConfusedWhere did you come up with that? Kinda cute, doncha know....but I've seen ceilings and floors with windows and doors and walls without halls nor stalls. Where you are, do the walls have bars made of the same material as old cars? PLEASE, oh please answer! The Inquiring Mindless are so confused and seeing stars...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:01am
Thank You..... My "SIG" lines come from one    "Ashley Brilliant." He has written hundreds (perhaps thousands) of such lines............ The one rule he has is that each thought my be conveyed in LESS the 17 words. Some are very good...…….. All are truthful.....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:46am

ConfusedSilly. Why study others when *I* am right here?

Pawism #53 - "A tunnel is simply a hole on its side"

You should bow before me and live by my book of life rules, which by the way is NOT the disrespectful, homoized-version being sold on AmazonAngry

(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:55am
Pawism #53 - "A tunnel is simply a hole on its side" <<< GREAT!!!  

I will remember this!!!!
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedSilly. Why study others when *I* am right here?

Pawism #53 - "A tunnel is simply a hole on its side"

And if you care to do I bit more reading...……………………………

http://www.mindspring.com/~pokerstars/
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:53am
Ooooopppppsssss 

We kind of got off topic here...………. The point I was trying to make was:

Unless this building had been tested by an inspector and found to be less then 0.5% lead paint they could be finned for what and how they were "building off grid"
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:48am
Quote If you can piss off Mr. Tim... You are truly an idiot!  Is that you Donna?

Nah, not pissed off.  LOL  And I see you have suspicions about Owl Boy, too...  Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

...Owl Boy It, too...  Wink

Big smileCORRECTED!
You're welcomeWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic