Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sling TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sling TV
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:44am
What do they have to gain by running commercials suggesting that "slinging" is a form of sexual activity? Thumbs Down
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:00am
The adholes read in the advertising manual that sex sells.  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
What I'm wondering where/how/why they came up with such an f'd up sounding name to begin with.

Makes me think of having an injured arm in a sling.

Or slingng hash at a cheap diner.

Stupid name.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

What I'm wondering where/how/why they came up with such an f'd up sounding name to begin with.

Makes me think of having an injured arm in a sling.

Or slingng hash at a cheap diner.

Stupid name.
Butt In A Sling?  "I LOVE MY BUTT!"

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/84500c7f-c1fe-48a5-a470-457dba3ca648.png

swing·er

(swĭng′ər)

1. One that swings: a good swinger of baseball bats.
2. Slang
a. A person who actively seeks excitement and moves with the latest trends.
b. A person who engages freely in promiscuous sex.
c. A member of a couple, especially a married couple, who exchanges sexual partners.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:18pm
Sounds cheap-ass.

Slinging is how you pass some cheap-o crap from one person to another.

"Hey, sling some of that slop over this way!!!"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:25pm
LOLLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:52am
^^^Confusedyou like 'dem boneless pork rectums, ol'Mule? What, pray tell, do you do with them? Do you have to register when you move? The Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:26am
There is absolutely 110% nothing cute by "Slinging" whatsoever. They got rid of that tattooed asshole which was a plus along with that whiney bitch at the coffee place. But then they bring this crap to the table. And then to fall in line with making guys ditsy as hell, the guy actually thinks they mean swinging. Ugh, I could just bang my head against the wall having so much stupid thrown at me.
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:57pm
Sorry but I find those commercials hysterical.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

There is absolutely 110% nothing cute by "Slinging" whatsoever. They got rid of that tattooed asshole...
ShockedDanny Trejo doesn't take kindly to being referred to in that manner. Better watch out - Robert De Niro found out the hard way.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
Seems as if many ad makers know only two formulas: 1) treating viewers as kids of the short-bus set, or 2) appealing to crude sexuality.

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL

What would call the creators of these "slinging" adverts if they ate the above product? Cannibals!
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

There is absolutely 110% nothing cute by "Slinging" whatsoever. They got rid of that tattooed asshole...

ShockedDanny Trejo doesn't take kindly to being referred to in that manner. Better watch out - Robert De Niro found out the hard way.

Afaic, Danny Trejo is just another ethno-gimmick who I'm sick and tired of seeing too much of.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic