Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyundai - "Long Distance"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyundai - "Long Distance"
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:06am
Dear lord, who is this lame little wuss that took Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" and butchered it into a slow sound whiney sh*t remake!!?

This guy really sounds like he has his jewels in a vice.

Also didn't Volvo already pull off a similar theme, the wife in space, dumba** failure of a husband on Earth.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Dear lord, who is this lame little wuss that took Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" and butchered it into a slow sound whiney sh*t remake!!?

This guy really sounds like he has his jewels in a vice.

Also didn't Volvo already pull off a similar theme, the wife in space, dumba** failure of a husband on Earth.

Higher Love - James Vincent McMorrow (iTunes)

Yeah, that sucks!  And WTF is a Kona? LOL  I think the adholes are getting higher and maybe a little spaced out too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:18pm

Never saw any Volvo space-like ad.

One would wonder if the wife could get a citation for operating her iPhone while on 'company time' in space.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
What's with the astronauts in ads lately? Now I'm just waiting for David Bowie's "Space Oddity" to be used!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

What's with the astronauts in ads lately? Now I'm just waiting for David Bowie's "Space Oddity" to be used!
Pleeze, nooooooooo!  Cry  No more ripoffs of wonderful songs to be used in crapfest commercials!  
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:25am
Today's "singers" always try to do their own version of classic songs. Steve Winwood has a wonderful voice, even in his elder years. Trashing this song this way is typical....the music industry is dead.
I wish cool songs like this would not be used in adverts....it cheapens them.
One man gathers what another man spills
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:00am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Never saw any Volvo space-like ad.

One would wonder if the wife could get a citation for operating her iPhone while on 'company time' in space.

More like space themed I guess. There were 4 total that aired.
The Hyundai ad tries to come off silly.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:59pm

Cripes. The original wasn't even that great to begin with. I remember whenever the video was on MTV I'd walk out of the room and find something else to do till it was over. Ermm
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Cripes. The original wasn't even that great to begin with. I remember whenever the video was on MTV I'd walk out of the room and find something else to do till it was over. Ermm
I agree, Triple J.  I don't know what I did if the song came on MTV though, I'm just too old to remember.  LOL  I love Steve Winwood but this is not my favorite of his offerings.  My fave Steve Winwood vocals are in the songs "Dear Mr. Fantasy" (Traffic) and "Can't Find My Way Home" (Blind Faith).
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:35pm
From the eight track "Low spark of high heeled boys".  My cap stand in the eight track player ate the tape one below zero morning.  I agree on the Wus version of the song.  Who are the advertisers appealing to?
There's a sucker born every minute.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 11:05pm
The singer is so awful, there was no way I was going to listen to the lyrics to find out it was somehow Higher Love. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic