Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to 2018 - Here's a new Chevy ad.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to 2018 - Here's a new Chevy ad.
    Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 2:55am
Wow....just wow. Angry
It's only 9:55pm and I've already seen this 5 times since 8pm. 

I'm not a violent person - but if I saw Potsch was the reason for this gridlock, I would have run him down with my dependable Japanese car.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 4:10am
Yea, dumb.
I want the time it took to watch it back - I have better uses it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 6:16am
WHAT the Hell did I just see?? Shocked It's not enough to have cars dropping out of the ceiling anymore - now we are given The Human Roadblock to make us consider buying Chevrolet vehicles.  It's all gone way beyond weird with this one.  I have visions of Potsch, the damn award, and all the Real People Not Actors getting clobbered by a speeding vehicle ("It's a Chevvvie!!")  as they sit in the road...sort of like the "poker players" you would occasionally see in bull-riding competitions...those guys with a death wish, sitting at a table, pretending to play cards until BLAMMO!!  a charging bull would crash into them and send everyone flying.   Dead 
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:42am
Enter the RAM truck! Evil Smile
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 1:06pm
What kind of lube do you suppose Potsch uses with those J.D. Power awards?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 2:09pm
^LOL

ACDelco 10-4016 75W-90 Synthetic Ass Oil - 32 oz

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 6:25pm
What idiot puts a table in the middle of a FRIGGEN freeway? Unless your trying to be funny like Orlando Jones with his soda machine on 7Up ads!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:59pm
More from the Potschbag and company...I will NEVER buy another GM product!  Angry

What a sweet family reunion, REAL BULLSH!T, NOT TRUE.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
My bro just bought this 2010 Ford F150, it has a 3 inch lift kit...LOL

I have enough trouble just getting into my truck.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

More from the Potschbag and company...I will NEVER buy another GM product!  Angry

Holy crap, are you serious with this horsesh*t!!? Potsch: "we flew her out...it's a family car"
So..was I supposed to get teary eyed with this? If so, it failed. In fact I just rolled my eyes.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Wow....just wow. Angry

I'm not a violent person - but if I saw Potsch was the reason for this gridlock, I would have run him down with my dependable Japanese car.

I can't believe these asshats got a permit to close down the freeway for this stupid stunt!  Angry  Dependability award TWO YEARS in a ROW!  Wow!  Everyone knows the dependable cars are Japanese.  And then there's AAA.  Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Holy crap, are you serious with this horsesh*t!!? Potsch: "we flew her out...it's a family car"
So..was I supposed to get teary eyed with this? If so, it failed. In fact I just rolled my eyes.
Another stupid stunt that shows nothing about the car other than the outside design.  Big deal.  Sleepy
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:01am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Wow....just wow. Angry

I can't believe these asshats got a permit to close down the freeway for this stupid stunt!  Angry  Dependability award TWO YEARS in a ROW!  Wow!  Everyone knows the dependable cars are Japanese.  And then there's AAA.  Wink

They didn't get a permit to shut down the road.
It probably ran over one of those J.D. Power awards and get stuck in the ball joint or something...
They know their vehicles are such sh*t so unreliable that they always carry around a table and chairs for an impromptu roadside meeting!! 

The broken-down Chevy is just off camera to the right.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:43am
^ Guy in the black shirt, seen around 33 seconds, looks completely disgusted and in total disbelief.  And he may be contemplating pushing Potsch into traffic.  Shocked 
CapeCat
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^ Guy in the black shirt, seen around 33 seconds, looks completely disgusted and in total disbelief.  And he may be contemplating pushing Potsch into traffic.  Shocked 

^ LOL

The traffic looks too gridlocked to cause serious bodily injury.
Let's just throw Potsch off the overpass instead.

Maybe time it so that he lands immediately in front of an 18-wheel tractor-trailer!

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
That bearded bone-smuggler in this ad gets under my skin with each ad. This one is beyond bizarre. Why in bloody hell did they decide to interview possible customers along a busy highway. He sounds effeminate even when speaking over the noise of the traffic queue.
Sorry lad, but If I'm choosing an auto to purchase, I think I'll consult my own mechanic for his advice....not a poof with a hipster beard who likes to quote company statistics.
Piss off Chevy! Find a better spokesperson, and a better ad campaign.
One man gathers what another man spills
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
Looking at the comments on YouTube, "Mahk" should be coming out with a parody of this pile of sh*t shortly. LOLLOL

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:28pm

Looking at the comments on YouTube, "Mahk" should be coming out with a parody of this pile of sh*t shortly. LOLLOL

Ha!  I've been checking every day for new videos.  If you all haven't seen the last two, they're worth viewing.  They're not Chevy parodies, but funny nonetheless.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 6:16am
The video that we've all been waiting for!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:18am
Mahk gives me a stomach ache because I laugh so hard!  And that commercial at the end.  Too funny.  Apparently it really is a thing, the SS&S kit.

LOL  LOL  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
LOLLOL  That's great!!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Mahk gives me a stomach ache because I laugh so hard!  And that commercial at the end.  Too funny.  Apparently it really is a thing, the SS&S kit.

LOL  LOL  LOL
And the whole time, people are driving by screaming insults at them.  I couldn't stop laughing.  If I was driving by, I'd be doing the same thing.  As much as I hate these commercials, at least we get something out of them.
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 10:38pm
This is a ridiculous commercial, of course, but the "table in the middle of the highway" setting looks cleverly computer-generated. To me, anyway. I guess I just don't want to believe Chevy would be that dumb.
Big Bruddah View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bruddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 1:09pm
I Cant stand those incessant f**king chevy ads. Especially their SUV ads. They are supposed to be funny but they are just irritating. In the course of an hour I see this at least 6 times. I'll never buy one of these sh*t boxes anyway.Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic