Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

credits compression

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: credits compression
    Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 7:56pm
I hate it when I'm watching the end of a show and I want to know who played "man walking behind the ford ranger at the red light" and they shrink the credits roll to advertise what's coming up next or what's happening on the "next two and a half men" then they restore the credits to their regular size or they leave them regular sized but run them at about 3x speed
Sponsored Links

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 8:19pm
boo to that. microscopic credits are NOT giving credit to anyone.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 8:21pm
I don't even try....IMDB.com is the answer.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 8:53pm

I hate that!! I usually check IMDB as well.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 12:18am
I must be addicted.  Whenever I make a statement about something in the entertainment category, my daughter asks if I got that from IMDB.  LOL
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 6:31pm
I hate the new thing some networks (*cough Comedy Central, E! cough*)are doing now. They let their shows end right at the time the next one is due to begin and they run the credits of the previous show in really tiny print and at warp speed as the new show is beginning. Pretty soon, all the networks will adopt this method, which would render the whole credits concept useless. If there's anything the Hollywood people should protest, that's it.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 7:06pm
I hate when you're trying to figure out a particular song, and wait for the music credits (which are always LAST) and they put 3 - 5 songs across at once. WHo the hell can read all that at once? They give the frickin Bestt Boy his own line! Why not each particular song their own little limelight?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 7:32pm

I remember seeing a show about Star Wars that said that George Lucas was threatened a law suit by (I believe) the actors guild because he didn't show any actors names at the beginning of the movie as required. 

However they let it slide, but when he did it again on the next one they got him pretty steep.

Not sure how they are getting away with it on ThemTube.

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 5:55am
I hate that crap.  But like everyone else, I check out IMDB.com or as it is also known moviedatabase.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic