Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Blacklist, Season 5 (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Blacklist, Season 5 (video)
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:32am
As dark and intense as the end of last season was, who could have expected such a fast-paced, semi-light hearted start to season 5? The start to the rebuilding of Red's empire was not only quite comical, it was educational.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 4:16pm
ShockedConfused
I woke up at 3 AM freezing my butt off and completely forgetting it is Thanksgiving, so I got the heat going here at The Estate In The Swamp and went to pull up something to watch 'OnDemand'.
I chose the season finale of 'The Blacklist' (season 5), which I had not yet seen.
Didn't take long to remind me that not only was it Thanksgiving, but ratings are pretty much passé.
Yea, this may have been about the most violent, yet entertaining piece of art I've witnessed in ages - and SOMEHOW, they managed to actually put a GREAT VIDEO together for CSN's 'Southern Cross' while killing off Tom Keen (yes they did) - and it took the entire song to do it! Bloody, gory, extremely brutal - my stomach was in a knot and I was in heaven - a 'fit' ending and killing the way it should be.
Actually, that may be the FIRST TIME I listened to 'Southern Cross' all the was through - that was such a sell-out song. To me it was the one that convinced me Crosby, Stills, and Nash were DONE (never bought the album)...and wouldn't you know it? One little video and now I like the song!Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:45am
A few nights back I found myself all wrapped up with nothing to watch....until I searched On-Demand and found Season 5 was only HALF-over. A break for a few months and here it comes back with a pretty nifty and brutal one-off episode, then back to full-staff. The idiot box entertains once again and I think the 2nd half of season 5 will be the year of the vicious woman.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 2:52pm
This series has really had some peaks and valleys--the valley being liz pregnant! The grandad of pure evil! i think its funny now that the kid has basically been shuttled off to wherever TIGER went on the Brady Bunch and they are back to good ol' gory biz as usual. I still want to like it but i do think the sharks been JUMPED..theres too much STELLAR tv on the AMC and netflix to waste time on a compromised show like this
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 4:19pm
Actually, the end of season five ('Sutton Ross') was simply such a mind-twister I can't wait for this coming season.
When considering episodes such as watching badazz Alan Alda get his mind opened by a neck bomb or having a whole new meaning a mindset inserted for CSNY's 'Southern Cross' when Liz's husband got brutally killed off, how can they top stuff like that? I think there is something huge coming as you now know who's remains were in the suitcase.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic