Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - O That's Good- Oprah's New Soup (video) and More
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O That's Good- Oprah's New Soup (video) and More

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O That's Good- Oprah's New Soup (video) and More
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
Truly a success story, from Harpo to Weight Watchers to a controlling interest in Kraft Heinz foods.

Orca Okra Oprah is everywhere!  Dare I say it?  No soup for me!!!  Angry

The dishes -- four soups and four sides -- are the first products to come out of the partnership, which was revealed earlier this year. The partners say they will land in grocery stores nationwide by the end of September.

The soups will retail for $4.99, the sides $4.49.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
5 bucks for a bowl of soup? I paid $1.59 for some Campbell's the other day.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
*Is her face on every can, like that magazine?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:37pm

The wife likes a good 7-up & cider, she never wants it in the can. Tongue
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
Being ever curious when it comes to prepared food products, I went looking for these in my Shoprite lately--just to see the packaging and prices, mainly.   They didn't have them.  I imagine they will at some point.   People will pay for convenience but when I can make my own pureed vegetables and pretty fantastic soups I'll carry on until I'm in my dotage.  Or is that "potage"? Wink   I do love reading reviews of this line of products.  They are pretty good!  http://www.foodandwine.com/news/oprah-food-taste-test-o-thats-good    And other: https://www.buzzfeed.com/pablovaldivia/oprah-o-thats-good-review?utm_term=.ttl7z92rw#.wtNWk3XVb
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Five bucks for a can of soup?  Nope.  Not paying 4.49 for a dinky side dish either.  I'm not interested in Oprah's Empire, and her pushing food is funny.  It's not diet food!  It's nutritious comfort food!  Whatever.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:21pm
When such celebs attach their names to products, a $1.50 item automatically becomes $4.50.  I remember once buying cat claw clippers at the Dollar Tree for $1 (of course).  The same thing, but with Martha Stewart's name attached, at Petsmart, was $5. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The wife likes a good 7-up & cider, she never wants it in the can. Tongue

Most women don't like it in the can.  As her husband, you need to tell your wife she has to take it in the can whether she likes it or not.  Be gentle about it, though.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:05pm
^LOL

Thor knows a lot about the married people's world for someone who has never been married.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Truly a success story, from Harpo to Weight Watchers to a controlling interest in Kraft Heinz foods.

Orca Okra Oprah is everywhere!  Dare I say it?  No soup for me!!!  Angry

The dishes -- four soups and four sides -- are the first products to come out of the partnership, which was revealed earlier this year. The partners say they will land in grocery stores nationwide by the end of September.

The soups will retail for $4.99, the sides $4.49.

As long as she doesn't get elected to any national office I don't care what TV she's on. President Oprah is not a pleasant thought. Actually plain scary.

I approve this message.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:32pm
Looks like I could us this gunk as wallpaper paste as I re-do my bathroom.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Looks like I could us this gunk as wallpaper paste as I re-do my bathroom.

LOL 
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:56am
Why doesn't she just go away. 
One man gathers what another man spills
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:48am
She just irritates the piss out of me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 2:09pm
I've seen the soup and yes, it is more expensive. Makes me feel like they put lipstick on the pig just to raise the price.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic