Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rachael Ray dog food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Now I use extra-virgin olive oil in many things I cook - just love it.

Having said that, I was an 'EVOO virgin' until I went shopping without my glasses a few days back. Saw 'EVOO Caesar Salad Dressing' (by Kraft) and HAD to try it even though I was too dense to find out what the acronym 'EVOO' meant.

The problem with that stuff is that you never know what you're really getting. Just because the bottle says "Extra Virgin" on the label, doesn't mean that's what's inside.

Not long ago, I saw a report on the news where they bought several brands of supposed EVOO and tested them. Most of them didn't measure up to the standards set by the olive growers association for what defines the product.

Don't Fall Victim to Olive Oil Fraud

Quote "True extra-virgin olive oil comes exclusively from the first pressing of the olive harvest and contains no additives. "You know, when you see it there [in Italy], it's this almost luminescent green," Campanile says. "It looks like nothing you've seen before, and tastes like nothing you've tasted before."

Unfortunately, by the time this heavenly liquid reaches American shores, much of it has lost its luster, often due to improper storage or tampering. Journalist Tom Mueller, who has researched the industry, estimates that half the oil sold as extra-virgin in Italy and 75-80 percent of the oil sold in the U.S. does not meet the legal grades for extra-virgin oil."

Real EVOO is hard to find and unGodly expensive.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm
^^^I agree - read the same - I just use EVOO (claimed) because there is a much lighter taste. What is it really? Heck, I'm just not that bright - could be baby oil for all I know, could be 5W30.
I read the back of any bottle I buy to see where it was produced and packaged. If it is your lucky day, it will mention TUSCANY, but it cost. Speaking of cost, I recall hearing COSTCO sells olive oil from the Tuscany region of Italy at a very reasonable cost.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:40pm
....And she would probably go "Yummo"!!!!.ShockedEmbarrassedClown
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^gotta agree - she should've been holding my hot dog while I smiled, but I think her fingers would've been too cold. Probably better using her lips.
Can you picture that on the front of the bag o'treats?LOL

LOL. But, you're a WOLF, not a house dog. Sure you and house dog Fido are part of the same dog family, but most grocery stores do not market food meant for Wolves(It may shock you, but Wolves are NOT common house dogs in most American houses!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic