Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That creepy pig!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That creepy pig!
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 6:26pm

Now I don't know if this is a local ad or if it is nation wide. It shows this man, dressed as a pig, appearing to stalk a select group of people and they reluctantly give him money.
Has anybody seen these ads? At first I thought it was some type of extortion ad (like a PSA, don't be a victim or something to that effect). Turns out it's some retirement ad and the creepy pig guy is supposed to be your piggy bank. Now I don't know about anybody else, but this ad is nightmare material. I think a cute animated pig would serve the purpose much better.
Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:15pm
YES. It's the "Feed the Pig" ads right?
I only see the one where the pig is drinking tea with an old lady and all it is is them laughing hysterically at... something... Pinch
ratattack View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:17pm

Yes, that's the ad. Lately I've only seen the one with him and the old woman as well. The first one was really creepy. It reminded me of the "Black Hand" in Godfather 2 going from business to business taking protection money from the merchants.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:17pm
Luckily, I haven't seen this commercial.  I am hopeful that it is local.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 7:36pm

That ad runs here, although not often; 'creepy' describes it well.

I did go to the website to look it over...nothing to get excited about, that much is certain.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:37pm
I haven't seen that one but at first I thought you were talking about the Energy Hog ads. I kind of liked those, oh the first 90,000,000 times I saw them!! They run some things in the GROUND, don't they???
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Sarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:31pm
I know that ad! It creeps the heck out of me.
And, as if the ads on TV weren't enough, there is actually a billboard with Pig-Man on it that I pass every day on my way to school. Ugh. :(
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:49pm
I haven't seen this commercial.  At first I thought you were talking about that stupid condom commercial, I hate that one. 
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 6:13pm
I'm really not sure I get it, am I supposed to?Confused
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 6:57pm
What a HORRIBLE commercial!!! That pig is C-R-E-E-P-Y! Yuck.  If I had any money, I'd run out and spend some just to spite him (yeah, real mature, I know).

Momma, I think "Feed the Pig" means "save your money (in your piggy bank)."
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I haven't seen that one but at first I thought you were talking about the Energy Hog ads. I kind of liked those, oh the first 90,000,000 times I saw them!! They run some things in the GROUND, don't they???
I love those ads! =D
I love them cuz the noses are outlets.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Adreme Adreme wrote:

I haven't seen this commercial.  At first I thought you were talking about that stupid condom commercial, I hate that one. 
I hate those too. It's not the concept I hate, that I actually like. It's more the fact that the song sucks and the dude is ugly anyway.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:35am
It's not creepy, more like....

freaky. Confused

(I hope this wasn't done by a closet furry.)

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 4:17am
Shocked That face is horrifying. What ugly makeup.
aett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:19pm
I can't believe they are STILL playing these commercials. The first one I saw was the worst - the old lady laughing with the pig, like something out of a horror movie. For some reason, this was the ONLY one of these commercials that I saw for weeks and weeks - so I had no idea what it was supposed to be about! That...that laughing, that snorting... it's so bizarre. Finally, I saw the other commercials and realized it was about saving money for retirement... but still, whoever came up with this concept - no, wait, whoever allowed this concept to make it to television - has problems.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:32pm
I saw this for the first time the other day.  Yeah, the pig is bizarre, but I think the message is good.  It amazes me how many people of modest means have those gigantor TVs and other unnecessary stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic