Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Thanksgiving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
    Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 2:55am
I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving for all of you CIHers. Have fun, watch the Parades and the games, and try not to eat too much. LOL

God bless you all!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 3:40am
Confusedo.k. Reg, we get it. YOU just wanted to start a thread before aaaaaaaaaaanyone else got a chance, so you weren't going to wait until 12:00:01, even....eh?
Be that way!
But...to you and the rest of CIH: Have a Happy Thanksgiving togeter with all those you love!WinkBig smile
~~~
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:14am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I hope that you all have a great day with your family and friends. 

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:27am
Happy Turkey Day!
If you drive a Russian fighter jet, don't fly over my house.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:53am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I hope that you all have a great day with your family and friends. 

LOL

Almost spit coffee over that pic.

Happy Thanksgiving, CIH.

Get stuffed.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 4:41pm
Happy T.Hanksgiving.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 5:20pm
Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving and all of that turkey and the sides. Smile I will be celebrating with family.
I will not patronize Black Friday (or Thursday) in any means. Those retailers that are opening at 5PM, or 4PM, or whatever today, are NOT getting my money! DeadAngry

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 6:52pm
Mama's belly ache finally went away, it's just the 3 of us.
TGD dinner will be Saturday, I've got to chop up the fixins for Thanksgiving day tacos for two, today.

Still very mild, 49°.
The Packers will be playing in the rain.
Bart Starr and Brett Favre will be there to retire Farve's number.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 8:06pm
Watched the parade today. Had mute a lot of the music except for Mipso, Andrea Day, and most of the Broadway tunes. Although for some reason I couldn't stand The Wiz tunes.

BTW NOW is the appropriate time for Christmas ads!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 8:12pm
Watching the Leave It To Beaver marathon on AntennaTV.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:16pm
We have had our late Thanksgiving supper on a Saturday.
I am blessed by a great family on my wifes side.
Clever and successful people here with us sharing laughs and other things.

The new baby is amazing, he didn't fuss about anything.
We had planned for both boys to stay with us tonight, mama was sick on Thanksgiving day forcing us to cancel.
I've been busting my ass just to get the house clean, mama had to make a 6 course meal.

Mick was a little upset, the 7 year old, but we old folks have our limits.
We will have them both, for an overnight stay very soon.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I am blessed by a great family on my wifes side.
Clever and successful people here with us sharing laughs and other things.

We had planned for both boys to stay with us tonight, mama was sick on Thanksgiving day forcing us to cancel.
I've been busting my ass just to get the house clean, mama had to make a 6 course meal.

Mick was a little upset, the 7 year old, but we old folks have our limits.
We will have them both, for an overnight stay very soon.

1n 1974 Everybody we knew was going to be out of town on Thanksgiving, so we had a turkey breast with mashed potatoes and stuffing, We had the feast with friends and relatives on Sunday. To this date it turned out to be the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOngest party I've ever seen. You see, on that Sunday morning, the weatherman called for a "cloudy" day with scattered snow flurries. On the next day (That's Monday for those of you in Rio Linda! LOL) I took a yardstick out to the back yard and made a measurement. We had scattered snow flurries, 21 INCHES of "flurries" Shocked Since everybody was snowed in we kept the party going. A neighbor taught me how to operate a Snowmobile, which I used it to go to a grocery store to get supplies (I KNEW there was a "catch" to learning how to drive a snowmobile!) LOL BTW the manager of that grocery store was snowed in at the store, but he kept it open for anyone who needed supplies.

This year happens to be the biggest Thanksgiving ever, You can't even Imagine how much thanks I'm giving this year. It's been a little over four years since my mother had a mental breakdown, which landed her in a nursing home. Nursing care isn't exactly cheap, and over the last four years I watched on the sidelines as her assets were sold, one by one fto pay for her care. I knew it was only a matter of "When" regarding the sale of my mother's house, which happens to be where I've been living. My biggest fear was the house would be sold and I would be kicked to the streets. Ouch

What happened during these last six weeks has been nothing but miraculous. One of my cousins, who has "Power of Attorney" regarding my mother's affairs knew this day was coming as well, and he didn't want to see me winding out homeless. So he talked to an attorney who specializes in elder care. Together they found there is a clause in the Medicare act regarding real estate. If a house has to be sold and there's a relative who lives in the house and has a disability that person HAS to be set up with housing. I have Aspberger's Syndrome and live on disability. Tomorrow I will be moving into a pre-fab house in a park about three miles from my former house. It's in a good neighborhood and has two live-oak trees, one of which has a swing on it (The only thing missing is an old wooden cane leaning against a living room corner! LOL). Only God could orchestrated the series of events that happened to me during the last two months. God does exist, when it comes to meeting my needs he has never let me down, and he still performs miracles. Praise The LORD! Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:59pm
Well, if God gave you such a disability, he hasn't really been that good at meeting your needs.  Wink

But congrats on the new home!  This is obviously a big relief.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

So he talked to an attorney who specializes in elder care. Together they found there is a clause in the Medicare act regarding real estate. If a house has to be sold and there's a relative who lives in the house and has a disability that person HAS to be set up with housing.

The way I understood it, if you'd been living with your mom in that house as her care giver for at least two years prior to her going into a nursing home, they cannot legally touch her house.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:30pm
It sounds more like she was his caregiver.  Reg only mentioned a breakdown she had 4 years ago...no other disability.  But she is a senior, so who knows who was taking care of who?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Same here.  My cousin had a Thanksgiving leftovers dinner last night.  Right now, I'm eating leftover leftovers---room-temp white meat turkey slathered in mayo.  After this, some mashed potatoes and stuffing.

And yes---amazing how a little spiked egg nog will keep a baby from fussing.

Been dozing on and off all day.  Still trying to catch up on sleep, and trying to get some "advance" sleep, too.  The final episode of the first half of Season 6 Walking Dead is on tonight, which will have me going to bed late---like 10pm!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It sounds more like she was his caregiver. Reg only mentioned a breakdown she had 4 years ago...no other disability. But she is a senior, so who knows who was taking care of who?

I would guess that as long as residency in the house for the requisite time period is established one's word would would have to be taken.

I do know that here in Florida (where reg also lives) we have some of the strongest homestead laws in the nation. It is nearly impossible to take somebody's house away from them for anything short of negligent homicide.

I don't know what the deal is/was with them, but I wouldn't have thought that a nursing home could take somebody's house to pay their bill.

The way I understand that it works, is that if a person is considered medically in need of being in a nursing home, once their liquid assets are gone, Medicaid picks up the tab, then later on, can place a lien against the house as part of their asset recovery program, but they still can't just take it and if, as I said earlier, he had been living in it with her for the two years prior to her being placed in the home, they couldn't even do that.

Of course, I could be wrong.

But that's the way I understand it based on my own research.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic