Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Dammit, GEICO" part infinity: The Final Countdown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Dammit, GEICO" part infinity: The Final Countdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 1:38am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I finally looked up the meaning of the stupid song. It's supposed to represent a countdown of a ship being launched filled with the population of the earth. Because the Earth has been polluted beyond habitability. That's not what I got when I first heard the song. I thought it was a countdown of nuclear weapons or the countdown of the last days of Earth. I never payed attention to the lyrics. I feel stupid.

A better song with that theme would be Wooden Ships by both CSN and the Jefferson Airplane.

Horror grips us as we watch you die
All we can do is echo your anguished cries

Or Neil Young's After the Gold Rush.

Good stuff.

Black Sabbath's Electric Funeral, too.

Sponsored Links

pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 4:45am
It used to be a decent song, but sadly, every single time I hear it on SAT radio, I will think of these insurance assclowns and how they butchered it up. This will just make me hate that sh*t insurance company more.

These insurance $hitheads are also bringing back the "huh, save 15% on" whatever BS commercials. Look forward to a mix of the "it's what you do" BS and this old "huh" BS.

Absolutely nothing annoys me more than this sh*t company's commercial garbage, and like I said in another thread, I will never sign up with these asshats.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Leslee64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslee64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 2:03pm
Because it is shown repeatedly, I am unable to get the song out of my head. It is like an earwig;
I am slowly being driven insane.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:18pm
Great! This POS was on a few minutes ago, luckily it was muted!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:25pm

I finally looked up the meaning of the stupid song. It's supposed to represent a countdown of a ship being launched filled with the population of the earth. Because the Earth has been polluted beyond habitability. That's not what I got when I first heard the song. I thought it was a countdown of nuclear weapons or the countdown of the last days of Earth. I never payed attention to the lyrics. I feel stupid.

Hmm. Last vehicle leaving Earth?
I wonder if GEICO will give it 15% off?
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:31pm
LOL I think they'd want The General for that. It comes with helmets.Wink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 2:02am
Still airing this commercial. Just horrendous, and awful. No other words to say - it's bulls--t!
Geico is making me never want to sign up with them for insurance. As a matter of fact, most insurance companies are on my no-no list due to their horrible commercials.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:29am
What a pathetic POS company. I'm watching Mecum car auctions and that $hit song starts to fire up. I'm frantically looking for the remote (lights off), and finally find it and quick change the channel right before that washed up has been belches out some vocals. F you geico, I beat your sorry asses again!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 7:02am

I knew it!

Hip-shaking woman at the end plays the 'FBI Boss' from the series 'Bones'.
It is now official - I'm watching too much of the idiot box.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:15am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I knew it!

Hip-shaking woman at the end plays the 'FBI Boss' from the series 'Bones'.
It is now official - I'm watching too much of the idiot box.
LOLLOL
She is the only good thing about the whole commecial. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:39pm
Woah I knew I recognized her! She drives that yellow green Gremlin in the show!
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:56am

Sounds like the plot of the '70s anime "Star Blazers" (aka Space Battleship Yamato).  Which used to be what I thought of when I heard this song... now it'll be this stupid commercial that is now getting near saturation airplay on cable.  Maybe they're punishing me for ditching the gecko for Flo (yes, I switched to Progressive, ashamed as I am to admit it on these boards).

Look on the bright side, though - we haven't seen Maxwell the Pig in a while... or at least I haven't.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 6:02pm
Almost time for Seahawks-Bengals on Fox, and this stupid ad airs again. Idiots, and instamute.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 6:19pm
I'm awaiting "the final countdown" of this ad airing!
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 7:23pm
Everything you need to know about Geico Insurance, they say themselves in every commercial:

"Fifteen minutes can save you fifteen percent or more on insurance."

Those last 3 words....

"... more on insurance."

...are actually 2 words....

"Moron Insurance."

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

Everything you need to know about Geico Insurance, they say themselves in every commercial:

Those last 3 words....

"... more on insurance."

"Moron Insurance."

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 3:54am
That song and band sucked, but I think I hate the Kenny Rodgers commercial more. I never liked that stupid, overplayed "Gambler" song back in the 1980's, but seeing the aged Rodgers croak through it in jest is a bit much to take.
One man gathers what another man spills
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 4:50am
Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

Those last 3 words....

"... more on insurance."

"Moron Insurance."

Not to nit-pick or anything, but I believe the correct weasel-word is "could", not "can".
My ear is highly conditioned to detect weasel-words in commercials.

Sure, fifteen minutes COULD save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance, but it probably won't!

And really, even if it did, wouldn't it stand to reason that thirty minutes could save you thirty precent?
I mean, since the two concepts are so tightly coupled.

How long do I have to stay on the phone to not pay any amount at all?

TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Beat that dead horse, GEICO. It's what you do.

I am beyond sick of hearing this stupid song being parodied ad infinitum. "The Final *bleep* Countdown" by '80s hair band, Europe. GEICO... Dammit, GEICO... Stop it, OK? Just just just justjustjustjustjust... STOP! Dead

I like this song,but,what a stupid commercial!
Julie
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 6:26am
I was already on this thread and a new F geico commercial just happens to come on. It shows the gecko walking into a bar. Since I hate this POS company, I put it on mute, because I know at the end that jackhole will say something about 15 minutes and 15%, and I don't need to hear that BS for the 10,000th time!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 6:40pm
Geico's still airing the Final bleepin' Countdown. I've seen it several times over the past week, geeze!
Santa Claus, will you give Geico & CEO Tony Nicely a lump of coal this Christmas? Please? AngryAngryAngry
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by tempacct tempacct wrote:

I would normally hate on Geico but I can't hate on 80s power ballads, especially Europe. Sorry, that's a badass song.

I have to agree with you here.
This commercial made me go to YouTube, download the song, and put it on my .MP3 player because it's such a killer track!!! Big smile

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 2:45pm
I hate any Geico commercial now...I refuse to even be part of their insurance!

Here's a better idea for the microwave burrito commercial!...

Guy turns-on microwave. He forgets to take-off the aluminum off the burrito.

Europe: It's the Final Countdown!

Woman: I grew-up in the 80's and I so hate that song!

Microwave blows-up and the breakroom is on fire. The man is now set on fire!

Arthur Brown knocks Europe down.

Arthur Brown: FIRE! I'll Take You To Burn!

People start to panic and the sprinklers go off.

Narrator: Aluminum is the worst thing to put in a microwave, but we can save you 15% or more on Gagco while wasting your time again because that's what we do, so shut up!

Gagco...because that's what we like to do, whether you like it or not!

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Sounds like the plot of the '70s anime "Star Blazers" (aka Space Battleship Yamato).  Which used to be what I thought of when I heard this song... now it'll be this stupid commercial that is now getting near saturation airplay on cable.  Maybe they're punishing me for ditching the gecko for Flo (yes, I switched to Progressive, ashamed as I am to admit it on these boards).

Look on the bright side, though - we haven't seen Maxwell the Pig in a while... or at least I haven't.
I won't give you any grief for having Progressive insurance. I know first hand it is no doubt better to have Progressive than be hit by someone who has Progressive. They tried every unethical and a few blatantly illegal tricks to try and weasel out of paying my damages. My State Farm agent filed what he described as "another" complaint against them with the state insurance commissioner.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic