Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's-McRib 'It's Back' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's-McRib 'It's Back' (video)
    Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 9:46pm
Once again, we all have the opportunity to bite into this digusting piece of processed whatever, I'm getting lazy but I will NEVER want one of these things.
I stumbled onto the second ad, you suck, Mickey D's. Angry

Sponsored Links

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:04am
Frankenfood.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 4:48am
No! And how does the term "slab of heaven" sound appetizing? 

Another note about McDonalds and their ads, enough with that "I'm Lovin' It" Justin Timberlake jingle at the end. They've been using that since...I don't know, 8, 9 years? It feels like forever.  Always has to fit the "theme" of the commercial. African American eating some fake rib sandwich, mix it with some R&B music...end it with a slow sexy "Lovin It" jingle. Silliness!

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:00am
MMMmmm... ground-up hooves and snouts slathered in cheap, 55-gallon-drum BBQ sauce and a pickle slice or two.

WHAR'S MAH KEYS?!?!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

MMMmmm... ground-up hooves and snouts slathered in cheap, 55-gallon-drum BBQ sauce and a pickle slice or two.

WHAR'S MAH KEYS?!?!

It has onions, too! I think. I only eat filet mignon-fed lobster and cake with edible gold slivers, of course. Disapprove
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 1:20pm

^  I think I'd find it most insulting that they have the audacity to shape all that into some facsimile of real ribs.  But people buy this stuff, so I guess it's all OK with them.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:56pm
Even if I were remotely interested in the McRib, I'd be in no hurry to try it. The scare factor of it disappearing has long lost its effect when it's come back like clockwork every year.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

No! And how does the term "slab of heaven" sound appetizing? 

Another note about McDonalds and their ads, enough with that "I'm Lovin' It" Justin Timberlake jingle at the end. They've been using that since...I don't know, 8, 9 years? It feels like forever.  Always has to fit the "theme" of the commercial. African American eating some fake rib sandwich, mix it with some R&B music...end it with a slow sexy "Lovin It" jingle. Silliness!

I don't think they're EVER going to get a new slogan (at least not in my lifetime). Human nature seems to be such that once a definitely low has been reached, people seldom crawl out of it.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by SJames SJames wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

WHAR'S MAH KEYS?!?!

It has onions, too! I think. I only eat filet mignon-fed lobster and cake with edible gold slivers, of course. Disapprove

Oh, you mean these?

http://www.ljsilvers.com/lobster-bites

Dead
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 12:18am
Mcdonalds puts 9 billion pickle slices a day on burgers and sandwiches... using TONGS. Yeah, sorry. Some kid is using his fingers, I'm afraid.
As far as the jalapeno nonsense. It just pisses me off to no end when they do crap like this. It's obvious that through surveys and focus groups and whatever else they use that the jalapeno is a popular item right now (like they were just discovered in a field in Oaxaca or something).
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Even if I were remotely interested in the McRib, I'd be in no hurry to try it. The scare factor of it disappearing has long lost its effect when it's come back like clockwork every year.

Maybe it's their version of Christmas fruitcake.  No reason to buy it, except for the fact that it's unavailable most of the year.

Seriously, do people get excited about these fake ribs?  I'm not a fan of ribs, so I certainly can't understand the attraction to these molded slabs of ground whatever.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 3:11pm
I get the frozen "rib" sandwiches at the Dollar Tree once in awhile.

They're actually pretty damned tasty!!!

And only a buck apiece!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 3:19pm

^  I kinda like the cheeseburgers made by that same company (Fast Bites, maybe?).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I kinda like the cheeseburgers made by that same company (Fast Bites, maybe?).

Something like that.

I like these from Walmart...

Pretty decent for 2 bucks apiece.

These, also from Walmart, are pretty good too...

About $4.50 per box of two burgers.

Also pretty good.

Rather than microwave them, I heat the patties in the toaster oven after the tater tots are done. Then, after they're back on the bun, I nuke them for about 20 - 30 seconds to warm & soften up the bread.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 4:26pm
I remember when they debuted around 1980. Many friends were raving about them so I had to try one and never had another. I didn't know they were ever discontinue until reading this thread.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
Maybe it's just my personal taste, but who puts pickles on pork? That's the biggest turn off to me about these "things"

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 10:00pm
i like em......

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Maybe it's just my personal taste, but who puts pickles on pork? That's the biggest turn off to me about these "things"

really? I love pork with pickles...then again I sort of pickle pork before cooking it anyway (the marinade I use has a fair amount of vinegar)

Local barbeque restaurant has pulled pork sandwiches with a bucketload of briny pickles slapped on top. Heavenly.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 11:41pm
Pickles on pork is fine, but I don't think they go with the sweet barbeque sauce they drench those things in.

I like pork sans barbecue sauce better anyway.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:22am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I like the occasional pickle by it's self but usually pick them off of sandwiches.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Pickles on pork is fine, but I don't think they go with the sweet barbeque sauce they drench those things in.

I like pork sans barbecue sauce better anyway.

I'm with you. Dry rub is the best.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:32am
I like pulled pork sandwiches.

Mustard & pickle is fine.

Maybe some tomato slices.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic