Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ambien

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ambien
    Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 4:44am
My doctor wrote me a perscription for Ambien a week ago this past Thursday. Little did I know about a side effect that wasn't mentioned in the ads - SLEEPWALKING. On Friday Night I took the perscribed dose before calling it quits for the evening. The next morning when I got u. The path from my bedroom to my computer room looked like a Tornado went through it. Two Lamps were broken, My keyboard was on the floor and my Chair was broken in two! This was nothing compared to what happened the next evening. I took a dose, and nodded off to sleep.The next morning (I couldn't get up. I slept all the way to 5:00 PM. That evening I opened the jar containg the Pilld (There were about 16 of them remaing in the jar when I called it quits, opening it I discovered there were NONE inside there. Apparently I, while Sleepwalking had unconsciounitly taken EVERY PILL in the container. Need less to say I visited my doctor and told him what happened. This is a Dangerous Pill, I could have easily overdosed on these pills and gotten killed. Avoid this pill at all costs. 
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 5:53am
16?  My mom near OD'd after taking 4 in a night doing the 'sleepwalking' thing.  After looking up the side effects I hid them from her.  Then we both went through hell dealing with withdrawal.  Apparently she'd been taking them for a long time, and another side effect is that you forget how to sleep without them.  And once they don't work anymore... 

If you are prescribed sleeping pills of any kind, have somebody else give you the required doses & hide the pills from you.  Better yet, learn to sleep without the pills.  They are addictive AND dangerous....
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 6:04am
Ambien is one, if you take it more than 2 weeks, it's officially an addiction. No helping it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 7:35am
There are many stories,  some with tragic endings.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 3:35am
My Church Group went out to eat at a Seafood Restaurant. They asked me why I missed Church this past Sunday and they told me quite a few "Horror Stories" about this Drug and its "Sleepwalking" Side Effect. Stories about people walking outside, naked, people who got in their car and drove a number of miles before waking up, and a number of cases similar to mine with not-so-happy- endings, like a child getting up to discover BOTH of his Parents Dead DEAD Dead having ODed on Ambien.These kind of drugs should be BANNED. Angry NOW!
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 4:05am
We always second-guess our doctors, when it comes to prescriptions.
We keep a PDR, we look up whatever we're prescribed, both in the book and online.
If there is even a slight chance the prescription could be habit-forming, we ask for alternatives.
We avoid habit-forming medications at all costs. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic