Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heritage for the Blind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heritage for the Blind
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 4:38pm
Dear God, another bleak, eardrum-rippling radio ad by a non-singer and who is no doubt on the bargain basement talent list of the Family Dollar-league ad agency that also produces the "Kars for Kids" spots.

These first-grade sounding, third-rate monotonous caterwauls are the aural equivalent of watching "Maude" reruns on a 1971 Silvertone black and white tv with "tinfoiled" rabbit ears.  Nobody should have to endure them.
Sponsored Links

TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 11:40pm
Oh yes.  Those ads.  Radio immediately gets switched off as soon as I hear the first note.
--------------
It's funny 'cause it's bigger than a normal hat.
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 2:18am
Oh god. I know these ads. the singing reminds me of a sad depressed person who suffered from aneurism.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:25pm
We've got a station here that apparently can't sell ads for 50 cents a spot so this PSA runs a lot.
It's got a cousin with some idiot singing "Heritage for the Blind, reminding you to be kind..."
Please don't remind me, I'll be kind on my own time thanks.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 12:47am
Not this one, but the one where there's no singing. ANNOYING! Announcer says "Plus, you'll receive a 3-day vacation voucher to over 50 locations!" What a bunch of bull____! No wonder I never call the 800 numbers on the radio.

DuchessofDownton View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuchessofDownton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 4:47pm
While I feel bad for the people who need to use Heritage for the Blind's services, the radio commercial makes me want to rip my eardrums out.
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 10:03pm
Ha! I just started noticing this commercial a few months ago. I always laugh every time I hear it because the singing is so dull and monotonous! And the song is so poorly written. It seems to be that perfect combination of awful that leads to humor that the movies on MST3K are known for. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic